How important is reception length to YOU and YOUR PARTNER?

I've seen this happen on past trips too! And why not! Haha- why pay a DJ and a bar extension if you can just head to the disco! Choose a location on the resort that has a DJ at night and away you go! If others join the party... Who cares at that point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm totally fine with people joining in - the more the merrier! Asked more because when we went for our visit, it was SOO quiet... we were like wow, we're going to have to go out every night haha. If this happens, I'd actually be really happy

@@tygrrlily We spend 5 nights at the BP Sports Bar, on 2 of the 5, it basically turned into a wedding reception.... it was a little annoying as a resort guest but I think it's wonderful for the wedding party. Actually, the BP sports bar was almost a party-like atmosphere (crowded, good music, lots of drinking, friendly people) on most nights last time I was there (was in May).

• Like 1

We haven't figured out if we're doing a private reception or not, it depends how many guests actually come. But our package includes only a semi private dinner. We can rent out one of their restaurants for an extra fee for 3 hours but then we have to add DJ cost to that. Or they have an option to rent out the club for 2 hours before it opens to the public and that fee includes DJ and open bar. Just need to figure out if there is seating in there. Then we can continue the party in the club (it's open all night).

This was the exact question I had when I woke up this morning. 3 hours seems really short and I don't want to rush speeches and cake cutting and first dances, so Im leaning towards  paying the extra money to have a private beach party. Plus, a lot of my guest will be in the older age range. They definitely love to party and dance, but I don't think they will appreciate the club atmosphere. I'm just imagining my poor grandmother in a loud club, lol 

• Like 1

This was the exact question I had when I woke up this morning. 3 hours seems really short and I don't want to rush speeches and cake cutting and first dances, so Im leaning towards paying the extra money to have a private beach party. Plus, a lot of my guest will be in the older age range. They definitely love to party and dance, but I don't think they will appreciate the club atmosphere. I'm just imagining my poor grandmother in a loud club, lol

I'm thinking about doing this too! However, it seems like the outdoor parties don't go on for too late for noise control purposes :( I'm reading and some resorts want to shut down all outdoor activities at 10:30 or 11. If anyone knows of any resorts that will do it later, please let me know!

This was the exact question I had when I woke up this morning. 3 hours seems really short and I don't want to rush speeches and cake cutting and first dances, so Im leaning towards paying the extra money to have a private beach party. Plus, a lot of my guest will be in the older age range. They definitely love to party and dance, but I don't think they will appreciate the club atmosphere. I'm just imagining my poor grandmother in a loud club, lol

We are doing this... Our reception will be until 11 (4 hours standard with an extra hour)... Anyone that is still standing after that can go to the disco! Being outdoors all day- in going to bet that the party will go hard til 11pm at which time most will be ready to put their feet up and relax anyway- but taking over the disco is always an option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This exact reason was why we ended up picking an off resort venue to get married at. We wanted to stay at a particular resort but did not like the times the reception ended. As well, they had new rules at our resort (Bahia Principe) where the bars at the Hacienda (where the disco is) closed at 11:00, whereas they used to stay open till 2:00.

The disco is opened til 2:00 but you cannot bring drinks out of the disco and drink on the patio, where most of the over 50 crowd who doesn't like loud, bass music would hang out. And used to when we had visited on previous visits. For this very reason, we ended up choosing a beach club and our party is going to 1:00 am :)

We are doing an open bar for the guests right after the ceremony while we do pictures.

Then our dinner/dance is for 3 hours, but we paid an extra 3 hours so we could have the open bar/DJ all the way until 11pm when the disco opens.  At the disco the drinks and music are free and we could fill it ourselves with the guests, so that is good enough for me.

EDIT: I could rent my reception area until 6am, but it costs $8.44 CND per person, per hour, then the DJ to do so. So that is why I decided to just do it until the disco opened.

Edited by calgarybride2015