Jump to content

Photo

A little thing I like to call "Operation Wedding Dress" (aka, my dress is too small... but it won't be soon!)


  • Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

#721 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
  • Jr. Member
  • 413 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
  • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorcas 
 

Hi girls! Didn't update all of you on my half marathon. As you can tell..I am alive, lol.

 

I did it in 2:37, and my goal was under 3 hours, so yay!! I beat my goal. I had to take some time off from working out/running because my body was definitely mad at me for putting it through 13.1 miles of practically ALL HILLS. (Baltimore is one of the hilliest half marathons/marathons if anyone is wondering about doing it..)

 

I planned on starting T25 this week, but I got in a little over my head with my halloween costume, and I've had to dedicate all of my extra time to sewing on lots of singular ivy leaves, haha. So hopefully I will start Saturday morning!

 

Keep up the good work ladies!

I GIVE YOU PROPS! I can barely jog out 2/5 miles nevermind 13.1 in a moutainy hilly terrain! I would of taken a year off! lol

 

We should all start t-25 at the same time lol I decided to start it Nov 1 that gives me 3 months

 

Good luck with the halloween costume



#722 ironman

ironman
  • Jr. Member
  • 320 posts

    Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lorcas 
     

    Hi girls! Didn't update all of you on my half marathon. As you can tell..I am alive, lol.

     

    I did it in 2:37, and my goal was under 3 hours, so yay!! I beat my goal. I had to take some time off from working out/running because my body was definitely mad at me for putting it through 13.1 miles of practically ALL HILLS. (Baltimore is one of the hilliest half marathons/marathons if anyone is wondering about doing it..)

     

    I planned on starting T25 this week, but I got in a little over my head with my halloween costume, and I've had to dedicate all of my extra time to sewing on lots of singular ivy leaves, haha. So hopefully I will start Saturday morning! 

     

    Keep up the good work ladies!

    Congratulations!!!! A half marathon is a tremendous accomplishment, especially on a super hilly course! I hope your body is recovering from the beating you gave it!

     

    We fly to NYC next week for the marathon too! I feel exhausted right now, but I'm sure my energy levels will pick up before the race. I think the Insanity DVDs have been helping me a ton with my core strength and cadence. Can't wait for the race!



    #723 ironman

    ironman
    • Jr. Member
    • 320 posts

      Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

      Well, I'll keep you all posted with the gel bust cup question if I learn anything further. We're flying to NYC next week so maybe I will ask security at the airport. But I might just try to find some foam ones so I don't have to worry at all.

       

      Today marks 48 days until our departure to Mexico!! And in very un-operation-wedding-dress fashion, I bought two chocolate advent calendars and today we opened the first door! I was only going to buy one calendar and start counting down 24 days in advance, but when I was in the store I decided I was too excited and switched it to a 48 day countdown! 

       



      #724 DANIELLE03

      DANIELLE03
      • Jr. Member
      • 413 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
      • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
      • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

      Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ironman 
       

      Well, I'll keep you all posted with the gel bust cup question if I learn anything further. We're flying to NYC next week so maybe I will ask security at the airport. But I might just try to find some foam ones so I don't have to worry at all.

       

      Today marks 48 days until our departure to Mexico!! And in very un-operation-wedding-dress fashion, I bought two chocolate advent calendars and today we opened the first door! I was only going to buy one calendar and start counting down 24 days in advance, but when I was in the store I decided I was too excited and switched it to a 48 day countdown!

       

       

       

      I love the calander idea. I am so going to do this 24 days before we leave for Ja.  :P a little chocolate doesnt hurt anyone lol



      #725 megssweet1

      megssweet1
      • Jr. Member
      • 157 posts

        Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

        Hi Ladies!

         

        Does anyone want a "motivation buddy"?? My wedding is 4/12/14. I want to lose 20-25 lbs. I'm not super overweight, but def NOT happy with my body currently. I also want to significantly improve my muscle tone. And really I DO want to create a healthy lifestyle. I always imagine myself to be very healthy with a great diet and a workout regimen, but I struggle to implement. My FI does not really help bc he wants to eat out ALL the time and we have a cpl drinks pretty often during the week too. But he goes to the gym all the time and is super fit already. It always seems that there is something coming up. Birthday, halloween, our anniversary, etc.

         

        I would LOVE to connect with soemone to help keep me accountable. I want to work out 3-4 times a week at Orange Theory Fitness and dedicate a minimum of 15 minutes per day to exercise. also to make some type of meal plan and stick to it.

         

        Would anyone be interested in partnering up on something like a daily check in or swapping food or workouts of the day or even just daily motivation? I'm thinking we could connect via Kik or some messaging app like that.

         

        Please message me if you are interested. I"m freaking out a bit bc I recenlty PUT ON 5 lbs!!!



        #726 csho

        csho
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,007 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
        • LocationHalifax, NS

        Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:06 AM

        I just finished my first week of T25 this morning! I have to say my weight hasn't budged all week, but I also wasn't watching was I was eating... my goal for next week is to make sure I eat better and continue to follow the program. I even got up at 530am this morning so I could do both workouts in a row since I know I won't be able to do one tonight! I am so proud of myself... just wish I'd seen a little movement on the scale. But I won't let that deter me since I have felt so great all week!

        #727 DANIELLE03

        DANIELLE03
        • Jr. Member
        • 413 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
        • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
        • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

        Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by csho 

        I just finished my first week of T25 this morning! I have to say my weight hasn't budged all week, but I also wasn't watching was I was eating... my goal for next week is to make sure I eat better and continue to follow the program. I even got up at 530am this morning so I could do both workouts in a row since I know I won't be able to do one tonight! I am so proud of myself... just wish I'd seen a little movement on the scale. But I won't let that deter me since I have felt so great all week!

        Thats great! I Unoffocially started yesterday ( again) i did the cardio one. And ill do another today and over the weekend. My official start day is Nov 1, But its a thursday so May just push the actuall start date til the 4th and just do my other workouts on the first. I want to keep it mon-friday. My goal is to bang them out in the morning before work. which means a 530 start for me also. ( i am not a morning person) and then Ill do a weight set in the evening.

         

        as for the weight loss, i heard its more inhes you lose. so i would measure yoruself before starting the second week and then check your measurements the following week.

         

        my weight hasnt budged in over a yer. Been stuck at the same weight no matter what i do. so I am just going to be happy if i see some inhes dropping I want to make a t25 thread and have a offical start date and then each week we post our stats lol. If anyone is interested let me know and ill start it :)



        #728 csho

        csho
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,007 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
        • LocationHalifax, NS

        Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

        Thats great! I Unoffocially started yesterday ( again) i did the cardio one. And ill do another today and over the weekend. My official start day is Nov 1, But its a thursday so May just push the actuall start date til the 4th and just do my other workouts on the first. I want to keep it mon-friday. My goal is to bang them out in the morning before work. which means a 530 start for me also. ( i am not a morning person) and then Ill do a weight set in the evening. as for the weight loss, i heard its more inhes you lose. so i would measure yoruself before starting the second week and then check your measurements the following week. my weight hasnt budged in over a yer. Been stuck at the same weight no matter what i do. so I am just going to be happy if i see some inhes dropping I want to make a t25 thread and have a offical start date and then each week we post our stats lol. If anyone is interested let me know and ill start it :)

        Yeah lets do it! I'll join!

        #729 DANIELLE03

        DANIELLE03
        • Jr. Member
        • 413 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
        • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
        • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

        Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

        OK I made a focus t25 group.

         

        http://www.bestdesti...november-4-2013



        #730 smithandsweet

        smithandsweet
        • Jr. Member
        • 151 posts
        • Wedding Date:December 1, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Florida Keys
        • LocationColorado

        Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 
         

        OK I made a focus t25 group.

         

        http://www.bestdesti...november-4-2013

        posted on the T25 group!  Can't wait to see some change!






        0 user(s) are reading this topic

        0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users