Photo

A little thing I like to call "Operation Wedding Dress" (aka, my dress is too small... but it won't be soon!)

• Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

#511 moodyc82

moodyc82
  • 614 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lucy79 

I made mine with my sister's help.  She does cards and stuff on the side and had all the tools/cutters/stamps which made it more affordable for me.  It cost me about $50 to make 40 which is about 1.25 each.  Mind you that doesn't include stamps and i spent $65 for the outside and return stamp.  I had to put 1.34 stamps on all of them due to the weight and thickness.  The brad that I used to hold the passes together was a little bulky so when they tried to put it through a fake normal mail slot at the post office it didn't pass through and i needed to up the stamp for it.  Totally ridiculous and a money grab if you ask me.    But I guess I would have had to spend that for the stamps whether I made the invites or someone else did. I am really happy with how they turned out. I just mailed them out on Monday and already have been getting so many compliments on them.  Here are some pics....

Those are sooooo cute!! Love them

#512 Mrs Smith 2 Be

Mrs Smith 2 Be
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

His brother is a graphic designer & luckily that saved us big time! We did boarding pass invites and I will post a pic when I can!! They turned out great

#513 Mrs Smith 2 Be

Mrs Smith 2 Be
    • 162 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

And I forgot to mention, we used a wax seal on the back and since it couldn't go through pre sorted, it cost us $2.07 to mail each!!!

#514 Mrs Smith 2 Be

Mrs Smith 2 Be
      • 162 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Wow!! Those invites are great!

#515 lorcas

lorcas
        • 297 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Quick note: signed up for a half marathon today! My training begins tomorrow.

#516 Icis

Icis
          • 374 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
          • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

That's great! Have fun!

#517 ironman

ironman
          • 320 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by lorcas 

Amazing, congrats! I find it helps so much to have a goal to be working towards!

I was supposed to do the NYC marathon in November, but when it was cancelled my entry was bumped to this year! So we're going to be in NYC the month before our wedding for the marathon. I need to start training too!

#518 moodyc82

moodyc82
            • 614 posts
            • LocationNJ

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by lorcas 

Awesome good luck!!

#519 moodyc82

moodyc82
            • 614 posts
            • LocationNJ

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

So I designed my own passport invites and RSVP cards.....let me know what you ladies think. I'm getting pricing for how much it would cost to print these as we speak!

Attached Files

#520 ironman

ironman
            • 320 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by moodyc82 

So I designed my own passport invites and RSVP cards.....let me know what you ladies think. I'm getting pricing for how much it would cost to print these as we speak!

I think they look great! I couldn't read p. 4,5, or 6 on my computer because I must not have that font and it just looked like a bunch of symbols.

The only part that confused me was p. 3 of your invites "Together with their parents, Arthia and Debra Invite you to join them..." I would have expected to see your names here, not each of your moms (guessing)? I could easily be wrong though!

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users