Photo

A little thing I like to call "Operation Wedding Dress" (aka, my dress is too small... but it won't be soon!)

• Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

#501 Icis

Icis
  • 374 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Lol. I think I'm going to re-think packing. Ok, it's time for "Pack it light, pack it right" challenge! :)

#502 moodyc82

moodyc82
  • 614 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationNJ

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Icis 

Lol. I think I'm going to re-think packing. Ok, it's time for "Pack it light, pack it right" challenge! :)

LOL I'm the queen at packing.....seriously you wouldn't believe what I fit in a carry on.

#503 moodyc82

moodyc82
  • 614 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

Ladies.....need some imput....Do you think it is cheaper to DIY invites or just pay someone to make them??? The ones I really fell in love with is a passport invite that is $5.10 per passport with a min of 30 required to purchase and only sold in sets of 10. BUT the shipping is $34.63....so the total for 30 would be $187.63. The other ones that I liked are boarding pass ones that are $5.50 a piece and $10 for shipping....which would come to $175. I just feel like this is a lot of money for 30 invites and that I can either see what staples or kinko's would charge and than see if I printed them myself....only problem with me doing it is having to get the stuff to cut them. But what if I printed them and brought them somewhere to be cut?! Trying to save as much as possible :(

Cindy

#504 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
  • 413 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
  • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by moodyc82 

Ladies.....need some imput....Do you think it is cheaper to DIY invites or just pay someone to make them??? The ones I really fell in love with is a passport invite that is $5.10 per passport with a min of 30 required to purchase and only sold in sets of 10. BUT the shipping is $34.63....so the total for 30 would be $187.63. The other ones that I liked are boarding pass ones that are $5.50 a piece and $10 for shipping....which would come to $175. I just feel like this is a lot of money for 30 invites and that I can either see what staples or kinko's would charge and than see if I printed them myself....only problem with me doing it is having to get the stuff to cut them. But what if I printed them and brought them somewhere to be cut?! Trying to save as much as possible :(

Cindy

I did my own invites. We got 100 free invite cards from our TA, I might have a pic somewhere and then we just added a insert into it that we made our selves :) We have to send out a few "formal" invites to Realtives in Jamaica, so I went and got those invite kits that are at michaels and it was 90% off ! so I got it for 4$ and we just have to put our little spiel on there and send it!

I bet you can do the passport invites realitively cheap on your own(if you have the time) and either try cutting em your self with a razor or a crafting knife or take them. I bet it will still be cheaper!

#505 moodyc82

moodyc82
  • 614 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

I did my own invites. We got 100 free invite cards from our TA, I might have a pic somewhere and then we just added a insert into it that we made our selves :) We have to send out a few "formal" invites to Realtives in Jamaica, so I went and got those invite kits that are at michaels and it was 90% off ! so I got it for 4$ and we just have to put our little spiel on there and send it!

I bet you can do the passport invites realitively cheap on your own(if you have the time) and either try cutting em your self with a razor or a crafting knife or take them. I bet it will still be cheaper!

I did a rough search on the paper etc and I would be saving $100....I think that's worth my time LOL

#506 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

I did a rough search on the paper etc and I would be saving $100....I think that's worth my time LOL

OH DEFINATELY! and its fun!! ok well the first few are fun. then you are like why did I do this again.

IM cutting costs everywehre. Im doing my own centerpieces bringing my own chair ties and table runners. candles.. etc. They are already killing me with their extra charges, they arent getting more

#507 Icis

Icis
  • 374 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

OH DEFINATELY! and its fun!! ok well the first few are fun. then you are like why did I do this again. IM cutting costs everywehre. Im doing my own centerpieces bringing my own chair ties and table runners. candles.. etc. They are already killing me with their extra charges, they arent getting more thatswck.gif

I'm totally a DIY geek. I love doing them on my own to save costs and also be able to customize it the way I want it. So what if some letters are a little off? DIY makes it personal and sincere :)

#508 moodyc82

moodyc82
  • 614 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

OH DEFINATELY! and its fun!! ok well the first few are fun. then you are like why did I do this again. IM cutting costs everywehre. Im doing my own centerpieces bringing my own chair ties and table runners. candles.. etc. They are already killing me with their extra charges, they arent getting more thatswck.gif

Im brining a lot of stuff down also, like chair ties, table numbers, center pieces etc

I'm totally a DIY geek. I love doing them on my own to save costs and also be able to customize it the way I want it. So what if some letters are a little off? DIY makes it personal and sincere :)

Agreed

#509 Lucy79

Lucy79
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

Cindy

I made mine with my sister's help.  She does cards and stuff on the side and had all the tools/cutters/stamps which made it more affordable for me.  It cost me about $50 to make 40 which is about 1.25 each.  Mind you that doesn't include stamps and i spent $65 for the outside and return stamp.  I had to put 1.34 stamps on all of them due to the weight and thickness.  The brad that I used to hold the passes together was a little bulky so when they tried to put it through a fake normal mail slot at the post office it didn't pass through and i needed to up the stamp for it.  Totally ridiculous and a money grab if you ask me.    But I guess I would have had to spend that for the stamps whether I made the invites or someone else did. I am really happy with how they turned out. I just mailed them out on Monday and already have been getting so many compliments on them.  Here are some pics....

#510 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
    • 413 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

those look amazing! great job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users