Photo

A little thing I like to call "Operation Wedding Dress" (aka, my dress is too small... but it won't be soon!)

• Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

#31 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

I am so scared of starting to look at dresses and much less buy one this far ahead of time. I go up and down the scale so easily that I would not know what size to get the dress. How far ahead of time should I purchase my dress?

#32 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
    • 223 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

It took 5 months for my dress to come in. And you need to give some time for alterations.. So the sooner te better!

#33 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
      • 223 posts

It took 5 months for my dress to come in. And you need to give some time for alterations.. So the sooner te better!

#34 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
        • 223 posts

#35 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
          • 223 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

#36 CAKnight

CAKnight
            • 197 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 11, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Key West, FL

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hi Jessica, 

Honestly, I'm trying to figure out when I'm supposed to buy mine too. I'm just going to go dress shopping to have a feel for price, styles, etc.

Since I plan to lose a significant amount of weight and because wedding dress sizes are not normal, I will probably wait until it is closer to my actual wedding. However, since I am not getting a traditional dress, I might buy one if I fall in love with it! 

When are you going to or did you purchase your dress?

Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

I am so scared of starting to look at dresses and much less buy one this far ahead of time. I go up and down the scale so easily that I would not know what size to get the dress. How far ahead of time should I purchase my dress?

#37 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
            • 503 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

ugh, so TWICE I started a response here with the proper quotes, and it got deleted. Stupid cell phone.

So I am just going to say THANK YOU for your comment about my dress! I hope it will be beautiful!

yes, timmy's coffee's are highly addictive, and high in fat and sugar, but soooo delicious. Within moderation of course.

ummmm, let's see, what else. OH, Sunday's I am cool with! I think we should start a check in, weight loss thread. or do we just want to keep it in here. Scratch that, let's just keep it here! This is Operation Wedding Dress for all of us!! Let's go ladies! We can do it!

I bought my dress in January, so...... about 21 months in advance! :S As much as I love my dress, I was terrified, because I knew I am not the size I want to be at all. But luckily, my mom understands and knows that, and pushed me to buy the dress in a size that didn't fit me on the day of, knowing it will motivate me to lose the weight and be the most beautiful version of me I can be on my wedding day.

I didn't really get the "wedding dress" shopping experience, so I am going out shopping with girlfriends and my mom, FMIL, and grandmother, so they feel a part of this whole adventure with me. Plus, I only tried on like 4 dresses, and I felt like a fat cow in every single one of them. I want to try on some dresses that fit, and have that experience, as that is why we are doing this whole wedding thing in the first place! It's all about not missing our on the experiences in life- having those "check" moments.

#38 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
              • 503 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by CAKnight 

Hi Jessica, 

Honestly, I'm trying to figure out when I'm supposed to buy mine too. I'm just going to go dress shopping to have a feel for price, styles, etc.

Since I plan to lose a significant amount of weight and because wedding dress sizes are not normal, I will probably wait until it is closer to my actual wedding. However, since I am not getting a traditional dress, I might buy one if I fall in love with it! 

When are you going to or did you purchase your dress?

What kind of dress are you thinking of? (as you said not traditional).

P.S. What is your real name? CAKnight just doesn't work for me! LOL

#39 CAKnight

CAKnight
                • 197 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

Wow...21 months! I don't know if that makes me a procrastinator...or you are amazingly productive/lucky to have found your dress! lol. But, at least you have a virtual to help you along! I love being able to see my stomach slowly shrinking or the zipper coming closer together! 

ugh, so TWICE I started a response here with the proper quotes, and it got deleted. Stupid cell phone.

So I am just going to say THANK YOU for your comment about my dress! I hope it will be beautiful!

yes, timmy's coffee's are highly addictive, and high in fat and sugar, but soooo delicious. Within moderation of course.

ummmm, let's see, what else. OH, Sunday's I am cool with! I think we should start a check in, weight loss thread. or do we just want to keep it in here. Scratch that, let's just keep it here! This is Operation Wedding Dress for all of us!! Let's go ladies! We can do it!

I bought my dress in January, so...... about 21 months in advance! :S As much as I love my dress, I was terrified, because I knew I am not the size I want to be at all. But luckily, my mom understands and knows that, and pushed me to buy the dress in a size that didn't fit me on the day of, knowing it will motivate me to lose the weight and be the most beautiful version of me I can be on my wedding day.

I didn't really get the "wedding dress" shopping experience, so I am going out shopping with girlfriends and my mom, FMIL, and grandmother, so they feel a part of this whole adventure with me. Plus, I only tried on like 4 dresses, and I felt like a fat cow in every single one of them. I want to try on some dresses that fit, and have that experience, as that is why we are doing this whole wedding thing in the first place! It's all about not missing our on the experiences in life- having those "check" moments.

#40 CAKnight

CAKnight
                • 197 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

My dress is going to be made of 2 ply toilet paper or decorative duct tape....or both. They are cheaper than fabric...and very unique! I have to cut costs somewhere!!!!

No, I'm just kidding!!!!!!! 

What kind of dress are you thinking of? (as you said not traditional).

P.S. What is your real name? CAKnight just doesn't work for me! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users