Photo

A little thing I like to call "Operation Wedding Dress" (aka, my dress is too small... but it won't be soon!)

• Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

#141 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
  • 450 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by moodyc82 

Sister brides!!!! Tell me to get off my butt and go to kickboxing tonight.....i'm NOT motivated b/c its cold and rainy here and I'm tired......but I know I should go....ugh

YOU WILL FEEL BETTER IF YOU GO!!!!  Oh, and I might remember reading something about how it costs you a decent chunk of money to sign up for it?

Something I can share that helps me personally:  I like to visually see that I have exercised by keeping track.  I have a whiteboard with all of the days of the week and I "check" off the box when I've gone.  Gives me a sense of accomplishment.  Plus, if I look at it and see that I haven't gone enough I feel guilty and do.

#142 moodyc82

moodyc82
  • 614 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by DinaQtobe 

YOU WILL FEEL BETTER IF YOU GO!!!!  Oh, and I might remember reading something about how it costs you a decent chunk of money to sign up for it?

Something I can share that helps me personally:  I like to visually see that I have exercised by keeping track.  I have a whiteboard with all of the days of the week and I "check" off the box when I've gone.  Gives me a sense of accomplishment.  Plus, if I look at it and see that I haven't gone enough I feel guilty and do.

My kickboxing is free, there is another girl on here who pays a lot for hers. You're 100% right in I'll feel better when I do it....it's just getting there LOL. If it was earlier I probably wouldn't be so unwilling.....I shall go b/c I slacked monday! But I did hike yesterday

#143 moodyc82

moodyc82
  • 614 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

do it ! YOU will be thankfull after you do it!

I have to meet some ppl right after work tonight, When I get home im going to try and get a quick 20 min work out in!

You're right....I just wish I had a gym partner to make me more accountable lol

#144 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
  • 450 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

My kickboxing is free, there is another girl on here who pays a lot for hers. You're 100% right in I'll feel better when I do it....it's just getting there LOL. If it was earlier I probably wouldn't be so unwilling.....I shall go b/c I slacked monday! But I did hike yesterday

Ah, but do you pay for a gym membership? ;)

#145 ironman

ironman
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

You're right....I just wish I had a gym partner to make me more accountable lol

Definitely go to the class! I went for a 25min lane swim at lunch and am meeting some girls to go for a 7km run after work. I'm not big on running with people, so going with these girls is definitely stepping out of my comfort zone!

All this swimming and running and I think I'll have earned a (one!) glass of wine after dinner tonight :)

#146 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
    • 270 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

It hasn't happened yet but I am waiting for the day that one of our parents or sisters will complain about the cost. Still thinking about how to go about this. I want my parents there and he wants his mother and sister too. Maybe if they start complaining, we can MAYBE help out? We just don't have the funds to pay for people. Tight budget with the buying furniture for the apartment, starting to pay my school loans, buying a car, etc. 

#147 moodyc82

moodyc82
      • 614 posts
      • LocationNJ

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by DinaQtobe 

Ah, but do you pay for a gym membership? ;)

TRUE, lol $25  month lol

Originally Posted by ironman 

Definitely go to the class! I went for a 25min lane swim at lunch and am meeting some girls to go for a 7km run after work. I'm not big on running with people, so going with these girls is definitely stepping out of my comfort zone!

All this swimming and running and I think I'll have earned a (one!) glass of wine after dinner tonight :)

I went! It was a lot of fun, I'm exhausted now lol I like to jog with my FI, like we hiked yesterday and there's this 1/2 mile that is great for jogging so we jogged it.

Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

It hasn't happened yet but I am waiting for the day that one of our parents or sisters will complain about the cost. Still thinking about how to go about this. I want my parents there and he wants his mother and sister too. Maybe if they start complaining, we can MAYBE help out? We just don't have the funds to pay for people. Tight budget with the buying furniture for the apartment, starting to pay my school loans, buying a car, etc. 

My mother doesn't have the fund to go so we had worked paying for her in our budget, but my TA said we actually will be getting back about $3,500 in credits after everyone books so that will pay for her, our flights, and the rest of our room! WIN. His mother complains about money but than goes out and spends a whole bunch on things she doesn't need or wants to eat out all the time so we refuse to help her out if she's not making an effort.

#148 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
      • 223 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

I went for a 2.5 hour hike today!! It was only that long because we got lost lol... Ill post pictures tomorrow, it's kinda funny

#149 moodyc82

moodyc82
        • 614 posts
        • LocationNJ

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by hezmshaw 

I went for a 2.5 hour hike today!! It was only that long because we got lost lol... Ill post pictures tomorrow, it's kinda funny

That happened to us last weekend, the trail was closed half way up the mountain b/c of the hurricane we had months ago so instead of going back we made our own way lol

#150 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
        • 413 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
        • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
        • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:01 AM

I wish we had hiking trails here in Winnipeg. Have to go out to the lake for that and its 2.5 hours away :( Damn Flat prairies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users