Photo

A little thing I like to call "Operation Wedding Dress" (aka, my dress is too small... but it won't be soon!)

• Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

#101 jennMc

jennMc
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

Add

add me if you want! :welcome:

Added Thanks

#102 jandl2013

jandl2013
    • 243 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 23, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar/Jellyfish Restaurant
    • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by moodyc82 

I joined the app myfitnesspal and it helped me lose 16lbs and drop from a size 13 to a size 4 so I'd suggest using an app to keep you accountable for your food and exercise :)

Originally Posted by Jenny2014 

I have myfitnesspal too! Just have to remember to use it.... used it for a couple of weeks and then derailed. Using it again starting today!

I see we are all meeting again.  I have the same issue with the myfitnesspal.  It's a great app, but i have to remember to use it also!  I need to be better with it because I think it's a great tool.

I'm hoping to go down at least a size or 2 before I actually purchase!

Good luck everyone with your weight loss/fit the dress goals!

#103 jandl2013

jandl2013
    • 243 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 23, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar/Jellyfish Restaurant
    • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jenny2014 

Alright, weigh-in day..... not such a good day... :( FI was gone on business for 4 days, so somehow that meant me vegging and eating crap for 4 days... so I am up 2 pounds. UGH. Hate hate!

But no more! Weather is gorgeous here now, so back to walking after dinner, eating more veggies/fruit and less chips/cheezies/ ice cream.

Welcome all! So we have on our team:

Niki (CAKnight), Heather (Hezmshaw), Danielle (Danielle03), Jessica (Jessica Correra) and Jenny (Jenny2014)! I see we also have: Kel123073 and Ironman??

Did I miss anyone?????

Do you find that weigh-ins can be a bit disappointing?  I don't really weigh in much because it's not a great indicator of exactly how much weight you're losing.  It's really how many inches I think will be a better factor because if you gain muscle and lose fat, your weight isn't going to show that you lost anything.  I've had this issue since i'm muscular.  I usually look to see how my clothes fit and how i look in the mirror in those clothes.

#104 moodyc82

moodyc82
    • 614 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
    • LocationNJ

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by jandl2013 

Do you find that weigh-ins can be a bit disappointing?  I don't really weigh in much because it's not a great indicator of exactly how much weight you're losing.  It's really how many inches I think will be a better factor because if you gain muscle and lose fat, your weight isn't going to show that you lost anything.  I've had this issue since i'm muscular.  I usually look to see how my clothes fit and how i look in the mirror in those clothes.

I weigh in every few weeks, usually the week after TOM. But i take pictures and measure once a month to see the progress. The scale lies sometimes esp when you're lifting

#105 moodyc82

moodyc82
    • 614 posts
    • LocationNJ

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by jennMc 

Add
    Added Thanks

You're welcome! Ton of great people on there! Also, if you haven't checked it out yet look up www.skinnytaste.com . I love her recipes and they list the point for WW and everything. Haven't had anything I didn't like on there yet.

#106 ma329

ma329
    • 32 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Sint Maarten

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hello everyone! I just took a mental break from work and read every single post!!! So glad I came across this thread. I'm so inspired by all of you! I'm working out tonight! Lol. I'm getting married in Dec 2014 in Punta Cana. While I have a long time before my wedding, I'm hoping to lose about 60 pounds by Jan so that I can go wedding dress shopping then and maintain an ideal weight or lose more pounds throughout 2014. With a fluctuating workday (I'm a social worker for adults with psych illnesses) I'm always on the go; eating in the car and out. I'm trying to resume my workout schedule to include working out at the gym with a coworker in the mornings and going to kickboxing class in the evenings. Kickboxing is a huge financial investment, so I'm hoping that even if I feel lazy or tired, the money I'm spending on it will force me to go. And this forum is def a great motivation. I guess I'll be giving my first weigh-in this Sunday!

#107 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
    • 223 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

YES!!! Why didn't we think of this sooner?? I have myfitnesspal but keep forgetting about it.

Add me Hezmo (I know the nickname is lame.. it's what my little brother used to call me lol).

I WILL start using it consitently... in fact, I measured everything I ate today, so I'll og right now.

#108 moodyc82

moodyc82
      • 614 posts
      • LocationNJ

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by hezmshaw 

YES!!! Why didn't we think of this sooner?? I have myfitnesspal but keep forgetting about it.

Add me Hezmo (I know the nickname is lame.. it's what my little brother used to call me lol).

I WILL start using it consitently... in fact, I measured everything I ate today, so I'll og right now.

Added you!

#109 moodyc82

moodyc82
      • 614 posts
      • LocationNJ

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ma329 

Hello everyone!
      I just took a mental break from work and read every single post!!! So glad I came across this thread. I'm so inspired by all of you! I'm working out tonight! Lol.
      I'm getting married in Dec 2014 in Punta Cana. While I have a long time before my wedding, I'm hoping to lose about 60 pounds by Jan so that I can go wedding dress shopping then and maintain an ideal weight or lose more pounds throughout 2014. With a fluctuating workday (I'm a social worker for adults with psych illnesses) I'm always on the go; eating in the car and out. I'm trying to resume my workout schedule to include working out at the gym with a coworker in the mornings and going to kickboxing class in the evenings. Kickboxing is a huge financial investment, so I'm hoping that even if I feel lazy or tired, the money I'm spending on it will force me to go. And this forum is def a great motivation.
      I guess I'll be giving my first weigh-in this Sunday!

Where in Punta Cana?? I'm getting married at Dreams in June 2014! I love kickboxing, I take it twice a week at my gym for free!! Whoop Whoop

#110 ma329

ma329
      • 32 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 13, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Sint Maarten

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

I've been debating between Paradisus Palma Real and the Jellyfish Restaurant which I'm leaning more towards. Hopefully I can make up my mind soon and start the real planning! Where in Punta Cana?? I'm getting married at Dreams in June 2014! I love kickboxing, I take it twice a week at my gym for free!! Whoop Whoop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users