A little thing I like to call "Operation Wedding Dress" (aka, my dress is too small... but it won't be soon!)

Originally Posted by Tonia Bruyns View Post

bahaha I love the "that is whack" guy! yeah.. the people below us suck.. we had my FI over for the weekend and being 2 and a half he loves to play the game of running and jumping into your ams, so we stood at one side of the hall and Liam started at the other and ran and jumped.. it was 7 at night, we were letting him get some energy out before bed at 7:45 and they banged on the ceiling with a broom.. stupid people. So maybe I will do it to piss them off!

I wanna learn to rollerblade! I feel like it wouldn't be too difficult, but I'm afraid of falling lol.. I'm such a baby.

OH MAN! dress shopping. Awesome! I hope you find something!!

Ppl are weird, 7pm isn't late at all. I haven't rollerbladed in YEARS......I kind of hope I don't find "the dress" b/c my grandma and mom can't come saturday

Originally Posted by lorcas View Post

I ordered a juicer last week and can't wait for it to arrive! Gonna try a 7-10 day juice cleanse. They say most people lose 10 lbs?! I don't know about that much, but it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Aside from that, I am now at 125-127 (ranges day to day, which is normal) My goal is 115. I can do it!!

I'm 119.8 as of this morning and trying to get to 115, my problem area is my tummy and butt

bahahha he does love it... I don't want it gone, just firmer. so squats it is :) I've noticed since I've started running, it also has made a huge difference! I just need the motivation to keep it up.. I find I get so bored just going to the gym. But I have no time for the classes at other gyms. I've got like a year and a half before my wedding, so lots of time to work on stuff :) I also start a new job in July, it's an hour long walk.. so I'm thinking that will be a good way to get some exercise in. Lots of hills and stuff, so it should be good :) Also thinking of trying to roller blade there.. or buy a bike! but carrying a bike up 3 flights of stairs to store in my apartment is not fun..I live in the ghetto and don't trust locking it up outside lol

I wish I could get a bike but there's no room to store it in my apartment :(

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went to the gym and then weighed myself! i've finally lost weight lol.. 3 pounds after 7 months! woooooo :S Hopefully that was me getting to the point where I can start losing and it will only be more weight lost from here! Mt tummy and my butt are my problem areas too... my tummy is proving to be most difficult.. 

ogh ok.. well hopefully you find an idea of what you are looking for, but can wait until they are there to find the dress. If anything, you go back with them and they can be super shocked and excited when you try on the dress you found. You could always pretend like you didn't find it and take them back to the store, try on some dresses and then try on the one you put aside and hope they love it as much as you lol

I just went to the gym and then weighed myself! i've finally lost weight lol.. 3 pounds after 7 months! woooooo :S Hopefully that was me getting to the point where I can start losing and it will only be more weight lost from here! Mt tummy and my butt are my problem areas too... my tummy is proving to be most difficult.. 

ogh ok.. well hopefully you find an idea of what you are looking for, but can wait until they are there to find the dress. If anything, you go back with them and they can be super shocked and excited when you try on the dress you found. You could always pretend like you didn't find it and take them back to the store, try on some dresses and then try on the one you put aside and hope they love it as much as you lol

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing if I did find it was "pretend" I didn't find it lol. At least if I found it, it would be a lot less stress of things for the wedding. Currently my future MIL is driving me crazy b/c now, 3 months after we've been engaged and right before we leave for vacation, she wants to throw us an engagement party. So on top of all the wedding planning, vacation planning, and reg life she wants me to find a place etc for the engagement party. And she wants to go all out and have it at a banquet hall.....so annoying. Like it's not a wedding, it's a friggin engagement party!!

Originally Posted by moodyc82 View Post

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing if I did find it was "pretend" I didn't find it lol. At least if I found it, it would be a lot less stress of things for the wedding. Currently my future MIL is driving me crazy b/c now, 3 months after we've been engaged and right before we leave for vacation, she wants to throw us an engagement party. So on top of all the wedding planning, vacation planning, and reg life she wants me to find a place etc for the engagement party. And she wants to go all out and have it at a banquet hall.....so annoying. Like it's not a wedding, it's a friggin engagement party!!

wow... well if she wants to throw it, she should take on the responsibility of finding the place... you have enough to worry about! If she is throwing it, then don't stress too much. If finding a place is all she wants you to do, wait until you are back from vacation and spend a little bit of time looking,.. I'm sure it won't be too difficult.. and then hopefully she will take over the rest... how many people would go to your engagement party? If it is like my family, we would need a banquet hall to have enough room for everyone lol. I guess it would give people a chance to celebrate that aren't able to make it to your wedding.. but I don't know how many people you have not going with you.

wow... well if she wants to throw it, she should take on the responsibility of finding the place... you have enough to worry about! If she is throwing it, then don't stress too much. If finding a place is all she wants you to do, wait until you are back from vacation and spend a little bit of time looking,.. I'm sure it won't be too difficult.. and then hopefully she will take over the rest... how many people would go to your engagement party? If it is like my family, we would need a banquet hall to have enough room for everyone lol. I guess it would give people a chance to celebrate that aren't able to make it to your wedding.. but I don't know how many people you have not going with you.

She tells me to pick a place, I find some cute little restaurants and than she picks this banquet hall basically. Than makes an appt for this Sunday at 12p to go look at it and go over the menu and expects us to come. Helloooooo we leave next friday!~?! I have my own sh*t to do. UGH, and she's inviting 40ppl. I gave her a list of ppl who are invited to the wedding that is family and wedding party and warned her not to invite ppl who are not on the list b/c my save the dates will be out by than and I don't want there to be a huge fight b/c ppl aren't invited and find out at our engagement party. The list I gave her was 27ppl. We said we did not want boyfriends/girlfriends invited unless they live together, are engaged, or they are over 25. We don't want to have a bunch of ppl for no reason, just want it to be low key. But as my grandmother puts it his mother has a champagne taste with a beer budget.

And she wants us to have an AHR after the wedding, it's all just way too much. I'm putting my foot down after this party b/c we're not going broke over this. If they can't make it to the engagement party or the wedding I don't need to have another huge party when we get home. It's just too much b/c we're tech getting married months before the wedding and just not telling anyone. It's too much of a pain to do it legally in DR and we can't get a copy of my FI birth cert. that easy or mine.

She tells me to pick a place, I find some cute little restaurants and than she picks this banquet hall basically. Than makes an appt for this Sunday at 12p to go look at it and go over the menu and expects us to come. Helloooooo we leave next friday!~?! I have my own sh*t to do. UGH, and she's inviting 40ppl. I gave her a list of ppl who are invited to the wedding that is family and wedding party and warned her not to invite ppl who are not on the list b/c my save the dates will be out by than and I don't want there to be a huge fight b/c ppl aren't invited and find out at our engagement party. The list I gave her was 27ppl. We said we did not want boyfriends/girlfriends invited unless they live together, are engaged, or they are over 25. We don't want to have a bunch of ppl for no reason, just want it to be low key. But as my grandmother puts it his mother has a champagne taste with a beer budget.

And she wants us to have an AHR after the wedding, it's all just way too much. I'm putting my foot down after this party b/c we're not going broke over this. If they can't make it to the engagement party or the wedding I don't need to have another huge party when we get home. It's just too much b/c we're tech getting married months before the wedding and just not telling anyone. It's too much of a pain to do it legally in DR and we can't get a copy of my FI birth cert. that easy or mine.

Totally understandable... I kind of thought of the destination wedding way of doing things to be low key, only the important people, saving money kind of way.. It is understandable that she is excited and wants to celebrate, but it isn't her day or events to coordinate and plan. I don't even want an engagement party.. I want people to save their money to come with us to celebrate. My mom and dad have been talking about an AHR after the wedding for those who can't come.. but I have made it clear to be nothing fancy, rent a big white tent, but it in their yard and have a party at their place... nothing big and extravagant. 40ppl is a lot, especially when you gave her a list of 27 and told her not to invite anyone not on the list... I hope there aren't any fights... that is added stress you don't need :( I'm sorry you have to go through that... I always thought this time was supposed to be fun to plan and think about... it's when you get other opinions that it starts getting out of hand... I've been trying to stay pretty low-key with who I tell. My sis has already expressed that Cuba would be a mistake, but we found this amazing 5 star in Cuba where the reviews are great and it has everything we want.. and now I have to worry about her judging if we decide to go to Cuba.. ugh. family can be such a pain.

I think we are also going to get married secretly here and not tell anyone except our parents who will stand up with us... and hope people don't get mad if they find out lol

So my wedding is July 2014, i too am looking to lose weight!  My FI is also trying to lose weight as well (although he isnt fat at all!).  I am a size 12, and as of now my dress size is 14 :eek: .  We have totally changed our eating habits, i have been rollerblading DAILY 4 miles, but i just kicked it up to 6 miles yesterday!  In almost 14 days of eating better and working out, i have already seen a 3.6lb weight loss! I was told by the dress shop, that i should buy the dress the size i am now since it is easier to take it in rather then order smaller and god forbid it didn't fit.  I'm pretty curvy anyways in the hips and chest, so they usually have to purchase for the largest part anyways.  Is there any truth to this? I need to purchase before sept as i am in a very demanding degree program and i wont have time for anything wedding related till next may when i graduate. Happy to have found this thread.  Keep up the good work everyone!!! Summer is a hard time with the empty calories due to drinking and all the cookouts! 
Congrats on the weight loss!!!! And welcome to the thread. While I'm not super active writing on the thread, I do get a lot of motivation, tips and support from all these wonderful brides.
I LOVE THAT 20 min turbo jam workout. I wish I could add it into my am. I already have to get up at 615 and even then I can barely get up. Pretty sure im still half asleep when i get to work lol My hair is never done the way I like it. ! Im not a morning person
It sounds like we are totally alike! If only we could get up without feeling like zombies and get a workout in.

Totally understandable... I kind of thought of the destination wedding way of doing things to be low key, only the important people, saving money kind of way.. It is understandable that she is excited and wants to celebrate, but it isn't her day or events to coordinate and plan. I don't even want an engagement party.. I want people to save their money to come with us to celebrate. My mom and dad have been talking about an AHR after the wedding for those who can't come.. but I have made it clear to be nothing fancy, rent a big white tent, but it in their yard and have a party at their place... nothing big and extravagant. 40ppl is a lot, especially when you gave her a list of 27 and told her not to invite anyone not on the list... I hope there aren't any fights... that is added stress you don't need :( I'm sorry you have to go through that... I always thought this time was supposed to be fun to plan and think about... it's when you get other opinions that it starts getting out of hand... I've been trying to stay pretty low-key with who I tell. My sis has already expressed that Cuba would be a mistake, but we found this amazing 5 star in Cuba where the reviews are great and it has everything we want.. and now I have to worry about her judging if we decide to go to Cuba.. ugh. family can be such a pain.

I think we are also going to get married secretly here and not tell anyone except our parents who will stand up with us... and hope people don't get mad if they find out lol

Yeah that was the whole reason we planned a DW, she is just crazy about all this and has driven us both nuts for the last 3 months. This will be the only thing she will be planning, everything else she has no say in. We're paying for it ourselves so what we chose will be what we want. And if she doesn't like it she can keep her comments to herself. Just remember to do what YOU and your FI want to do as far as the place you want to get married. No one had a say in that, we chose it completely on our own.

Yeah that was the whole reason we planned a DW, she is just crazy about all this and has driven us both nuts for the last 3 months. This will be the only thing she will be planning, everything else she has no say in. We're paying for it ourselves so what we chose will be what we want. And if she doesn't like it she can keep her comments to herself. Just remember to do what YOU and your FI want to do as far as the place you want to get married. No one had a say in that, we chose it completely on our own.

Man I can't tell you how frustrated I have been this week.  My FI and I have said all along that we would do a destination wedding.  We live together and don't need anything house wise.  We have been vocal with each other and our families that we would not have an engagement party, bridal shower or a big traditional wedding.  We want to have a destination wedding and that's it.  No reception when we get back...just low key, intimate and small.  This is important to us but we are not going to spent an arm and a leg for it.  There are renovations that we would like to do to our house instead.  Everyone was fine with it at first and now suddenly everyone has an opinion on everything....the location, the date, wanting to have these extra parties and now wanting to have a reception when we get back.  I hit my wits end today and ended up eating shitty stuff and didn't work out when I got home.   Feel super happy with myself and everyone else right now.  angry.gif

Originally Posted by Lucy79 View Post

Man I can't tell you how frustrated I have been this week.  My FI and I have said all along that we would do a destination wedding.  We live together and don't need anything house wise.  We have been vocal with each other and our families that we would not have an engagement party, bridal shower or a big traditional wedding.  We want to have a destination wedding and that's it.  No reception when we get back...just low key, intimate and small.  This is important to us but we are not going to spent an arm and a leg for it.  There are renovations that we would like to do to our house instead.  Everyone was fine with it at first and now suddenly everyone has an opinion on everything....the location, the date, wanting to have these extra parties and now wanting to have a reception when we get back.  I hit my wits end today and ended up eating shitty stuff and didn't work out when I got home.   Feel super happy with myself and everyone else right now.  angry.gif

I totally feel you, we've voiced for over a year now that we were planning a DW and we've lived together almost 2yrs now and we don't want to spend an arm and a leg so that we can buy a house soon. We currently have no credit card debt and a decent amount saved so we're not looking to use either on this wedding which is completely do able. Plus we want to than pay our cars off and my student loan after we're married so that in two years from now we'll be completely stable to buy a home and not struggle. *hugs* cheer up chicky, just remember we are marring our best friends and that's what is most important.