A little thing I like to call "Operation Wedding Dress" (aka, my dress is too small... but it won't be soon!)

FI and I have decided to join the "eat within a 100 miles (kilometers) of home" club. However, the reasons we joined aren't strickly in keeping it local, and reducing our carbon footprint (which are awesome benefits!). We are doing what we can to cut out preservatives, hormones, and reducing how much crap we eat. So this will force us to accomodate our eating with what is available, and allow us to focus on exactly what we are eating. We're also going to join a gym (one close to us is having a deal, so we are hoping we can go in and get the rest of the year paid in full upfront at this deal, so as not to lose it). We are going to hold each other accountable for going- he actually wants me to get a personal trainer for the first few weeks, so that way I will be "forced" to go, and by default, he will as well haha. I also started to write a gratitude journal every day as well. It is called The Five Minute Journal. You write in it first thing in the morning- 3 things you are grateful for, 3 things that would make today great (3 things you can control- not just a sunny, warm day, but things like "I will stay positive when faced with a difficult coworker, etc.), and a daily affirmation (right now I am focusing on reminding myself I am strong, capable and beautiful, because I realized I haven't changed jobs (currently dislike mine with a sever passion) because I am terrified I will fail at anything different). Then, right before you go to bed, you write in it again. You write 3 amazing things that happened today, and about how could I have made today better. This is the "time machine" section, where if you said or did something you wish you could have done differently, you write it there. You write what you would have done instead. (aka yesterday I wrote that I would be a patient and understanding driver when behind a slow driver because I was not the best version of myself and was saying some not very nice things at the person in front of me, because there seemed to be no reason why they were driving so slow). It's a cool way of maintaining perspective and really seeing your day in the best way possible! So all in all, I think the past week has been good steps forward. Eating better, exercising properly, and maintaining a positive, grateful attitude towards my life should help in losing weight, fitting into that dress, and become a better, happier person! Funny enough, one of my mantra's is from The Help. "You is kind, you is smart, you is important".  
Wow. That's great. Keep it up!

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 8:20 am and I'm waiting for boot camp to begin. Took me 15 mins of deliberation of whether or not I was gonna come. Here goes nothing...
You know I have that struggle everyday. Good for you for overcoming that struggle!

how was bootcamp? Well i didnt pick any shifts at the hospital this week. So i have no excuses. I Got my workouts in this weekend :) and now I have that lovely TOM so my weight is a little up today.But i was fine all weekend. Go figure. Not gonna stress because I know what I put in my body so I should be ok :) This week I think im going to add a little extra cardio. Hope you all are having a good week so far.

Originally Posted by lorcas View Post

Let's just say I am having trouble getting out of my chair at work to grab coffee.. LOL! I am SO sore! But it's worth it

Awesome!!! Feel the burn hunnie

Originally Posted by lorcas View Post

Let's just say I am having trouble getting out of my chair at work to grab coffee.. LOL! I am SO sore! But it's worth it

Hate that feeling yet love it all at the same time! lol I gotta kick my ass a little more tonight :)

Since I started my program Ive only lost about 2-3 lbs.. but lost inches and noticeable changes in my stomach area and arms are more defined :)

Hate that feeling yet love it all at the same time! lol I gotta kick my ass a little more tonight :) Since I started my program Ive only lost about 2-3 lbs.. but lost inches and noticeable changes in my stomach area and arms are more defined :)
I'm in the same spot. I've only lost a few lbs according to the scale but everything fits better and it's noticeable!

I'm in the same spot. I've only lost a few lbs according to the scale but everything fits better and it's noticeable!
Keep it up ladies!