sarah29

Riu Palace Bavaro May 2014

Hi all, I'm going to be booking my wedding next week! Soooo excited! Has anyone been married in riu palace Bavaro? Or indeed is anyone planning to go around same time? Xx

Welcome to the forum, sarah29, and Congrats on your upcoming wedding in the DR!!! how exciting :)

Wishing you the Wonderful Wedding of your Dreams at the RUI Palace Bavaro.....Enjoy  :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

Hi sarah I am getting married there in December 2013 I can help you as much as I can if you want to know anything. How many guests are you planning to take? I have about 15-17 ATM. I assume you booked with Thomson as you are also from the uk! Be good to hear from you Gemma x

Hi Gemma, yeah I have booked with Thomson I'm just waiting for some of my guests to book so that they will send my request through to the hotel! Which package did you go for? We are gonna have 16 guests in total I think, we are just going to have the basic package where you need 5 rooms min booked, the trouble we have is another family member gets married this sept in Vegas so some guests can't book just as they have that balance to clear in June... I'm starting to panic in case we end up booked with no availability to left to marry when we are there haha! Have the hotel been good with you and how long did it take them to get back to you with your date? I am gonna speak with Thomson tomorrow and see if they can just put my request in as we did have to pay a deposit for the actual wedding but not sure what that is to secure if they haven't even requested the date!? Fingers crossed!xx

Hi sarah, Thomson has been really good with us, I booked in November and requested fri 6th December at 5.00pm at the time of booking! They pretty much confirmed it there and then but still had to wait for the wedding pack to arrive this gives confirmation of the date and time from the hotel itself! Thomson should have god you available dates for your wedding when you booked? I booked the Royal wedding package at £1200 for about 20 people. To be honest my family and friends booking have been the most stressful part so far we go in 6 month and I still waiting for mydad to book haha! We was going to have the basic package but did Thomson inform you that you have to pay judges fees on top of your wedding that's why we upgraded the package so you get that included as it worked out at about £400? Maria the wedding coordinator is on Dominican time which basically translates as slow haha! But when you ask her a questions he is thorough with the reply usually takes up to 5 days on a bad week! I assume they have to wait for your 5 rooms to be booked before they offer you the free package don't worry I'm sure there will be plenty and on holiday i suppose it doesn't matter what day you get married haha! Hope this helps Speak soon Gemma x

Hiya, That's really good actually they didn't explain it like that... I might look into that with them but then I don't think there will be 20 of us... Have you got your dress sorted and everything? Yeah I'm wondering if they will be able to match the flowers to my theme etc... God not long for you now ey?xx

Hi sarah, Yeah not long to go for me! I'm pretty much organised just booked my hair and makeup with the spa, you get 10% discount doing it online, you can get her email address through the wedding coordinator and you have to pay half upfront through PayPal. I got my hair and makeup and 1 bridesmaids hair and makeup for $300. Have u had any update on your wedding date? X

Hiya, No nothing yet still waiting for the 5th room to book so they will send our request off!!! Feel like screaming I just wanna know the exact date!!! I'm just trying to busy myself sorting reception stuff and ideas out. I can't wait :) seems ages away haha Who did you pick for photos? Xx

Hi sarah, I can imagine its a nightmare not knowing what your date is! I have chose carribean emotions they have fantastic reviews and pretty well priced, the guy is really helpful too! He has loads of reviews on here! Xx