Jump to content

Photo

2014 Paradisus Palma Real


  • Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#51 engaged1230

engaged1230
  • Newbie
  • 35 posts

    Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

    Hi Ladies

     

    My wedding is Dec 8 2013 and I have been working with Theresa. She has been AMAZING if anyone would like her info please contact me. Good luck planning!

     

    R
     



    #52 shaeshae18

    shaeshae18
    • Banned
    • 153 posts

      Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:44 AM

      Hey ladies! I'm having my wedding June 30, 2014, at the Jellyfish Restaurant. I'm looking at having my guests stay at Paradisus Palma Real.

       

      To the PP who asked about pricing - I got $560 for the first 3 nights per person based on double occ and then $170 each additional night. It also includes free transportation to/fm the airport/hotel.

       

      I am 99% certain that I will be choosing this resort, just haven't made the final deal yet. I am waiting to hear back from their wedding coordinator about the possibility of having a sunrise ceremony. I want a sunrise ceremony and then breakfast after, followed by a dinner reception at the Jellyfish on that Monday 6/30. I want a welcome dinner that Sat 6/28 at the Passion restaurant. I wonder if they will do that for me.

       

      Does anyone know what the outside vendor fee is?


      -S

      #53 angelnjewels

      angelnjewels
      • Jr. Member
      • 220 posts

        Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

        Originally Posted by shaeshae18 

        Hey ladies! I'm having my wedding June 30, 2014, at the Jellyfish Restaurant. I'm looking at having my guests stay at Paradisus Palma Real.

         

        To the PP who asked about pricing - I got $560 for the first 3 nights per person based on double occ and then $170 each additional night. It also includes free transportation to/fm the airport/hotel.

         

        I am 99% certain that I will be choosing this resort, just haven't made the final deal yet. I am waiting to hear back from their wedding coordinator about the possibility of having a sunrise ceremony. I want a sunrise ceremony and then breakfast after, followed by a dinner reception at the Jellyfish on that Monday 6/30. I want a welcome dinner that Sat 6/28 at the Passion restaurant. I wonder if they will do that for me.

         

        Does anyone know what the outside vendor fee is?

        Hi Shaesae,

         

        Congrats on the wedding...wow it sounds like it is going to be wonderful...

         

        If things have not changed the outside vendor fee is $1000.00. 

        Attached Files


        Can't wait to marry my best friend and love of my life...


        #54 angelnjewels

        angelnjewels
        • Jr. Member
        • 220 posts

          Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

          Congrats to all of the brides!! Time is quickly approaching and i still have not bought or searched for a dress..im 7 months away...is that crazy or what? 


          Can't wait to marry my best friend and love of my life...


          #55 shaeshae18

          shaeshae18
          • Banned
          • 153 posts

            Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

            Originally Posted by angelnjewels 

            Congrats to all of the brides!! Time is quickly approaching and i still have not bought or searched for a dress..im 7 months away...is that crazy or what? 

             

            Well, I'm personally not planning to go until about 6 months out bc I'm still working on losing weight. You should look up sample sales and you can walk out with a dress that day. I see you're from NYC, that's about a 4 hr drive or bus ride to Boston where they have Vows, which is all sample dresses. Google them. You might have to put a rush order on dresses, but I am sure you will be able to find things. Do you have any idea of what you're looking for in mind? Good luck!

             

            Originally Posted by angelnjewels 

            Hi Shaesae,

             

            Congrats on the wedding...wow it sounds like it is going to be wonderful...

             

            If things have not changed the outside vendor fee is $1000.00. 


            Thanks!


            -S

            #56 angelnjewels

            angelnjewels
            • Jr. Member
            • 220 posts

              Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:24 AM

              Well, I'm personally not planning to go until about 6 months out bc I'm still working on losing weight. You should look up sample sales and you can walk out with a dress that day. I see you're from NYC, that's about a 4 hr drive or bus ride to Boston where they have Vows, which is all sample dresses. Google them. You might have to put a rush order on dresses, but I am sure you will be able to find things. Do you have any idea of what you're looking for in mind? Good luck! Thanks!

              Well I am working on loosing weight myself but haven't lost much.. Not sure if it's that I have no ambition... I have been really upset about the way my family has treated the whole wedding and many who I thought would be there are not... It's almost like I am grieving... Weird!!! I am going to start with David's bridal and move on... The dress that I want is an ines di santo dress Lissome! Not sure how much it is but I have to find it some where lol I have been depressed and joined weight watchers and the gym but have not lost much weight... I am not sticking with it which is not cool :(

              Can't wait to marry my best friend and love of my life...


              #57 engaged1230

              engaged1230
              • Newbie
              • 35 posts

                Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

                Hey Ladies just a little advice on the wedding dress :)

                 

                I am from NYC and I got engaged at the end of dec 2012, I started looking for my dress at the end of Jan and I was shocked with how long it took me to find a dress (due to style budget and what you see in your head doesnt look like that on you). Aside from that on average it takes about 4-6 months for the dress to come in plus you need time for alterations. This was the average time in ALL the stores, thats includes the little boutiques in NYC to the more sample sale boutiques in NYC and the stores around the other boroughs. This really had stressed me out and even though I ordered my dress at the end of March/beginning of April its only coming in mid September and I didnt think it would be so tight. I always like to give my self super extra time in case something goes wrong.

                 

                Same situation with the bridesmaid dresses, and those take a while to pick out as well. And you need to give those extra time in case your girls lose weight or gain weight and major alterations need to get done.

                 

                Just how things went for me with the dresses.

                 

                R
                 



                #58 shaeshae18

                shaeshae18
                • Banned
                • 153 posts

                  Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

                  Originally Posted by engaged1230 

                  Hey Ladies just a little advice on the wedding dress :)

                   

                  I am from NYC and I got engaged at the end of dec 2012, I started looking for my dress at the end of Jan and I was shocked with how long it took me to find a dress (due to style budget and what you see in your head doesnt look like that on you). Aside from that on average it takes about 4-6 months for the dress to come in plus you need time for alterations. This was the average time in ALL the stores, thats includes the little boutiques in NYC to the more sample sale boutiques in NYC and the stores around the other boroughs. This really had stressed me out and even though I ordered my dress at the end of March/beginning of April its only coming in mid September and I didnt think it would be so tight. I always like to give my self super extra time in case something goes wrong.

                   

                  Same situation with the bridesmaid dresses, and those take a while to pick out as well. And you need to give those extra time in case your girls lose weight or gain weight and major alterations need to get done.

                   

                  Just how things went for me with the dresses.

                   

                  R
                   

                   

                  Definitely taking that into consideration! Sample sales usually you walk out the store with the dress, though. And as for BM dresses, I'm thinking of having my girls in a maxi dress we order online - something pretty, but inexpensive, not too fancy. Something they can legitimately wear again because it's a maxi dress, not a BM dress. As for me.. I have to get back to NY to wedding dress shop anyway (moved out of NY to SC) and I won't likely be there until Dec anyway. It'll be tight, for sure.. 6 months out.. but if I have to pay a rush fee, I won't have much of a choice. Although, I am considering going in October/November with just my FI and starting the process, just to see how I like things on me and make it easier. 

                   

                  Originally Posted by angelnjewels 


                  Well I am working on loosing weight myself but haven't lost much.. Not sure if it's that I have no ambition... I have been really upset about the way my family has treated the whole wedding and many who I thought would be there are not... It's almost like I am grieving... Weird!!! I am going to start with David's bridal and move on... The dress that I want is an ines di santo dress Lissome! Not sure how much it is but I have to find it some where lol


                  I have been depressed and joined weight watchers and the gym but have not lost much weight... I am not sticking with it which is not cool

                  Aww, cheer up! At the end of the day, you're going to be MARRIED and that's all that matters. Screw everyone else!

                   

                  Also, that dress is STUNNING! 


                  -S

                  #59 angelnjewels

                  angelnjewels
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 220 posts

                    Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

                    I guess i have to get going lol. OMG well at least if i get a big dress and lose weight they can take it in...did you girls try davids bridal?

                     

                    Shaeshae,

                     

                    i am in love with that dress...but i cant find it lol. 


                    Can't wait to marry my best friend and love of my life...


                    #60 shaeshae18

                    shaeshae18
                    • Banned
                    • 153 posts

                      Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:35 AM

                      Originally Posted by angelnjewels 

                      I guess i have to get going lol. OMG well at least if i get a big dress and lose weight they can take it in...did you girls try davids bridal?

                       

                      Shaeshae,

                       

                      i am in love with that dress...but i cant find it lol. 


                      http://www.preownedw...ome-Size-2.html

                      http://www.preownedw...to-LISSOME.html

                       

                      It's not on oncewed.com - but I think there are other used wedding gown sites you can check out. I'm sure if you tried on a similar style, you would know how it looks on you.


                      -S




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users