2014 Paradisus Palma Real

Thanks ladies! I finally got an email from Lauren from the romance department so the ball is finally rolling! I'm thinking about going with the aqua package also, but not sure how many guests yet. Have you all sent save the dates and then secured the rooms? How do they handle the payments - do they come directly from us or is there a way for guests to pay for rooms directly with the hotel?

Originally Posted by futuremrssteen View Post

Thanks ladies! I finally got an email from Lauren from the romance department so the ball is finally rolling! I'm thinking about going with the aqua package also, but not sure how many guests yet. Have you all sent save the dates and then secured the rooms? How do they handle the payments - do they come directly from us or is there a way for guests to pay for rooms directly with the hotel?

I picked my date today and I will be reserving it tomorrow (we can send a check or use a CC). As far as paying for the rooms, they take CC, wire transfer, cashier check or personal check. Also, 1K is needed to block the first set of rooms.

We are currently working with a TA who has been great and will be taking care of all room reservations for our guests. You should ask Lauren to send you the contract docs and the "What is the Next Step?" resource sheet, just so you know what to expect, this put my mind at ease when I got it as I was pretty lost. 

We also wanted to go for the Aqua package since I would love to have a sit-down dinner!! But I decided to start with the Chill Out Chic until we account for all expenses. You only loose on the sit-down- dinner and number hors d' oeuvres (5 vs 3) but all packages can be customized to your taste based on your budget. I also wanted to do a BBQ Welcome Party for our guests, which we may add to the Chill Out at the end.

Best of Luck,

Liz

Originally Posted by Nicolawisbey View Post

Hi everyone,

I've just booked my wedding and we are due to get married May 2014. So far, communication has been great with the romance team.

We have opted for a garden gazebo ceremony and a beach reception using the chill out chic package. We have 56 guests (at present) attending with us so the package price is creeping up! All from the UK and staying in the Reserve.

I'm struggling on timings as we want the day to last as long as possibly but with the extra hour prices, the package price keeps creeping up and up. We intend on getting married at 4 pm so any suggestions would be great!

I also would like to know what locations they have for the cocktail hour. Any thoughts on this? I've heard that they have an area where the flamingos are located, but not too sure whether this is true and also what the settings look like.

I have had communication also with Lara, the decor organiser and she seems to be very helpful.

Thanks

Nicola

Congrats!!! I am shooting for August 23rd and I would also like an evening wedding. We picked the Chill Out Chic package as well and depending on how many guests we end up and our budget we may upgrade to the Aqua package. I am doing a beach ceremony but I am not sure where the reception will be taking place. I think if you do The Reserve than you can use the Gabby Restaurant?? I've heard great things about it.

I have not made up my mind on whether booking The Reserve or not. What are your thoughts? What do you think about the prices? The majority of our guests are families vs single couples.

Liz

Thanks Liz! Your right about the chill out package, I didn't even think about the fact that you can choose to upgrade back to aqua later on. I did just get the contract from Lauren, and I were planning just to do the symbolic ceremony since we're planning to get legally married first in the states, so why pay extra right? I love the pictures I've seen at Gabi Beach , but the price to upgrade is kind of steep for my budget, especially if we end up adding other upgrades here and there. For all you other brides out there, attached is the pricing I received with the Gabi Beach upgrade fees. You add the initial cost to the Gabi beach rental fee. It's a flat fee no matter how many guests, I believe up to 150. Other than that, I'm shooting for July 12, 2014 with ceremony in the garden gazebo and reception I'm debating between pool and beach....only thing with the beach is that you will most likely end up wanting to rent the dance floor ( which is not in the a la carte list that they send you, I'll update when I have the numbers). Happy planning everyone! Michelle CHILL OUT CHIC $3,500.00 24 IN-HOUSE GUEST | ADD IN-HOUSE GUEST $70.00 3 TABLES OF 8 PAX -MAX PAX PER TABLE 10- LOCATION UPGRADE FEE + 16% GABi $7,500.00 AQUA $5,000.00 24 IN-HOUSE GUEST | ADD IN HOUSE GUEST $100.00 3 TABLES OF 8 PAX -MAX PAX PER TABLE 10- LOCATION UPGRADE FEE + 16% GABi $4,500.00 TAILOR MADE $12,000.00 32 IN-HOUSE GUEST + BRIDE & GROOM $240.00 4 TABLES OF 8 PAX -MAX PAX PER TABLE 10- LOCATION UPGRADE FEE + 16% GABi $3,500.00

Oh yeah, and any luck with the photography? I emailed an outside vendor, Katya nova - she had beautiful pics on her blog, but haven't heard back from her yet on packages and pricing yet...seems like it may be worth the ridiculous outside vendor fee. love love love the pictures in the water. Just search Paradisus Palma Real at the top, it'll take you to all the albums. Katyanovablog.com

Originally Posted by futuremrssteen View Post

Thanks Liz! Your right about the chill out package, I didn't even think about the fact that you can choose to upgrade back to aqua later on. I did just get the contract from Lauren, and I were planning just to do the symbolic ceremony since we're planning to get legally married first in the states, so why pay extra right? I love the pictures I've seen at Gabi Beach , but the price to upgrade is kind of steep for my budget, especially if we end up adding other upgrades here and there. For all you other brides out there, attached is the pricing I received with the Gabi Beach upgrade fees. You add the initial cost to the Gabi beach rental fee. It's a flat fee no matter how many guests, I believe up to 150.

Other than that, I'm shooting for July 12, 2014 with ceremony in the garden gazebo and reception I'm debating between pool and beach....only thing with the beach is that you will most likely end up wanting to rent the dance floor ( which is not in the a la carte list that they send you, I'll update when I have the numbers).

Happy planning everyone!

Michelle

CHILL OUT CHIC

$3,500.00

24 IN-HOUSE GUEST | ADD IN-HOUSE GUEST

$70.00

3 TABLES OF 8 PAX -MAX PAX PER TABLE 10-

LOCATION UPGRADE

FEE + 16%

GABi

$7,500.00

AQUA

$5,000.00

24 IN-HOUSE GUEST | ADD IN HOUSE GUEST

$100.00

3 TABLES OF 8 PAX -MAX PAX PER TABLE 10-

LOCATION UPGRADE

FEE + 16%

GABi

$4,500.00

TAILOR MADE

$12,000.00

32 IN-HOUSE GUEST + BRIDE & GROOM

$240.00

4 TABLES OF 8 PAX -MAX PAX PER TABLE 10-

LOCATION UPGRADE

FEE + 16%

GABi

$3,500.00

Great Info!! Thanks...

My budgets is 10K (for now) lol and so far this is what I have estimated:

AQUA ($9,250)  **Sit-down Dinner**

24 GUESTS: 5K

40 GUESTS: $1,600 xtra

CIVIL CEREMONY: 1K 

DJ: $700

PHOTOGRAPHY: $700

FLOWERS: $200

CAKE: $50

CHILL OUT CHIC ($7,270) **Buffet Style Dinner**

24 GUESTS: 3,500

40 GUESTS: $1,120 xtra

FANTASY ($4,950) **No dinner**

10 GUESTS: 1,500

40 GUESTS: $1,200 xtra

This is a preliminary idea… I just glanced at wedding budgets 2 min ago and of course… haha THIS IS NOT REALISTIC!!! My grandma is paying for my dress and I may have my fiancé in shorts and not shirt on so we can save money hahaha! jk.

Yes! I saw their portfolio I just have not received their rates yet. Our photographer in NY, who took handled our engagement photo shoot was amazing and really affordable. I would have loved for him to come to DR but we will have to pay for his flight and resort expenses aside from his package (which are still pretty affordable). I agree, the outside vendor rate is ridiculous! I will most likely have to roll the dice and stick with their own vendors. As long as we do have professional shots we should be fine (as I cross my fingers) huh.gif

If you hear back from Marisol, who handles any deals between PPR and Arrecife can you please let us know? :) I can't wait to see their rates so I can continue working on my budget.

Thanks,

Liz

Hey ladies,

We have not chosen our package yet. We are waiting until more ppl respond to make a decision. My fiance and i really would like the tailor made package even though it is expensive it's something we have been looking into. our budget is 35-40K but i am hoping it is less than this....

We are working with our travel agent and have been able to block 20 rooms for our friends and family so far. 

My wedding is going to be on March 22, 2014. Boy am I having a crazy time right now. So far we have about 50ppl who RSVP'd we are waiting for 50 more to respond.  We send out our formal invites soon so that will determine which package we get.

We went to visit the resort in January and it was lovely. We hit some bumps with the room situation but other than that the resort was very nice and we had a really good time. 

We were set on having a sit down dinner but recently were told by the romance office that you only get two options served as a "duet" and that is it. Usually we are used to getting three entree's to choose from chicken, fish or steak but not in this case. Therefore we are now thinking of doing the buffet option since it offers more. We have looked at the menus and have decided that these are the best.  

My fiance and i wanted to have someone to officiate the wedding that spoke both English and Spanish. We are currently speaking to Rick York to see if he is able to officiate our wedding. We hope that all works out.  

Regarding the photographer we are going with resort photographer Arrecife everything i have heard is great.