• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 CAKnight

CAKnight
  • 197 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 11, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Key West, FL

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

YAY! If just this is settling your heart, you have to stick around! I'm still not done posting everything that's in my binder and how I'm keeping it organized! It's more like "Operation Minimize Insanity". lol 

Originally Posted by Jenny2014 

Oh this thread is currently settling my heart. After having the dreaded budget and guest list talk with the parents, our wedding is spiraling wickedly out of control, way off into the land of "did not ever, ever want but are now being forced to do so because of money".

This makes me happy, because I can do this- I can organize, and I can make lists and to do's.

#12 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by CAKnight 

YAY! If just this is settling your heart, you have to stick around! I'm still not done posting everything that's in my binder and how I'm keeping it organized! It's more like "Operation Minimize Insanity". lol 

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jenny2014 

Oh this thread is currently settling my heart. After having the dreaded budget and guest list talk with the parents, our wedding is spiraling wickedly out of control, way off into the land of "did not ever, ever want but are now being forced to do so because of money".

This makes me happy, because I can do this- I can organize, and I can make lists and to do's.

OH I will definitely be keeping my eye out for this thread! I have a current 1 inch binder, but I think tomorrow I am going to up that, using some of your ideas. I have a lot of digital filing done, taking stuff from this site, but not a lot of hard copies. Which means I am always double saving, once on my work computer to play around with when I have time, and for a second time on my thumb drive, to bring home and work on. A binder (meticulously organized) would make this much easier.

#13 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
    • 315 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

So glad to see that lots of us still love to have things on PAPER! I am so lost with trying to make sense of all the packages for example, and simply printing out all the details would be easier than opening these dang pdfs everyday! lol

Wonderful idea, and I love, love, love binders and stationary lol.

#14 CAKnight

CAKnight
      • 197 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

One idea that I have for you, and others who want to save their hard copies, is to use Dropbox. As long as you have your computer synced to the internet, then you can access it anytime, anywhere. (It is an cloud-based folder) Just download Dropbox to your computer and the email address you use will allow you to access the folder online (ie at the office, FH's computer, etc). 

No need to buy the thumb drive or a bigger one, if you don't have to. Plus, you can't lose it persay. As an added bonus, you only have to save something once. 

OH I will definitely be keeping my eye out for this thread! I have a current 1 inch binder, but I think tomorrow I am going to up that, using some of your ideas. I have a lot of digital filing done, taking stuff from this site, but not a lot of hard copies. Which means I am always double saving, once on my work computer to play around with when I have time, and for a second time on my thumb drive, to bring home and work on. A binder (meticulously organized) would make this much easier.

#15 CAKnight

CAKnight
      • 197 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Yes, Mrs. Shorey (to be), 

So glad to see that lots of us still love to have things on PAPER! I am so lost with trying to make sense of all the packages for example, and simply printing out all the details would be easier than opening these dang pdfs everyday! lol

Wonderful idea, and I love, love, love binders and stationary lol.

#16 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
      • 315 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

HHAHAAH oh hey I will be doing white paper too! Heck we gotta save our pennies right lol!!!!

#17 CAKnight

CAKnight
        • 197 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Oh no, I'm not going to switch to stationary now. Then my nice cohesive binder vibe would disappear. So, yes I will keep using my plain white paper! The color will just have to come through in my pens and highlighters! 

HHAHAAH oh hey I will be doing white paper too! Heck we gotta save our pennies right lol!!!!

#18 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
        • 315 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Highlighters r the bomb diggity ;)

#19 CAKnight

CAKnight
          • 197 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

They are especially when they are in your wedding colors! 

Highlighters r the bomb diggity

#20 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
          • 503 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by CAKnight 

They are especially when they are in your wedding colors! 

Highlighters r the bomb diggity

Best series of comments!

Back to Wedding Etiquette, Traditions, to dos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users