CAKnight

Creating a customized wedding binder

Hello to my fellow DW brides! 

I was on another thread and a bride asked if I anyone had any advice to prepare for their upcoming wedding. So, I decided to share a little about the wedding binder that I had created those far. As you all know there are a million and one things to do in order to prepare for your wedding. But, I think the thing that makes it all better is having EVERYTHING (every teeny tiny minute detail) all in one place. I think it will help create a less stressful bride...and possibly happier FH. lol

I will more likely than not be writing long detailed descriptions. So, if you are the type that likes things to the point. Then, I apologize ahead of time. But, if you are like ME and appreciate details....welcome.gif

I invite you to share everything, as well! After all, there is only so much wedding talk that the standard person can tolerate between now and your wedding...so we have have to use each other for advice, support, etc. Right? 

So, here we go!

My wedding colors are yellow, orange and pink. So, here is the pink folder that coordinates with the theme :)  It is a 1.5" 375 page binder. (I originally picked up the 1" binder. But, my FH was like you know that's not big enough. So he suggested this 1.5"...he knows me well. lol).  I bought it at Walmart for under $6. 

20130428_143336.jpg

On the inside pocket, I have my envelopes that contain my receipts. As of now, I have a general wedding envelope (as a place to hold my receipts until I delegate them to more specific envelopes) and an envelope for my OOT bags.  I think I will be creating another one for my invitations. Trust me, this is one of the best organization tips I have thus far. Whenever I need to return an item or compare prices, it is extremely convenient. 

To be continued...

As of now, I currently the following lists:

What additional lists do you have/ can you think of? 

To be continued....

• Like 1

CAKnight this is awesome!!!!! Thanks for the ideas, this will definitely help me feel less overwhelmed

My original post above did something weird when I posted it. So here is the actual version I meant to post! :) 

Originally Posted by CAKnight View Post

As of now, I currently the following lists:

What additional list do you have/can you think of?

To be continued...

Thanks Ma! :) Hope you join me in this thread! I have A LOT more stuff that I haven't even posted yet! That's why they keep saying "To be continued" and I will keep coming up with lists and ideas open until the end probably! :)

I encourage you to share your tips, as well! :) 

Originally Posted by ma329 View Post

CAKnight this is awesome!!!!! Thanks for the ideas, this will definitely help me feel less overwhelmed

Great thread- thanks for starting! I'm sure you'll get to it when you begin planning the ceremony section, but I have also been noting "must play songs in my binder... Just an idea :)

Hi Candacey!

You're welcome!

I thought it would be awesome to start this thread because I know that we are all overwhelmed by the process! So, I share what I have with others and people share ideas to enhance my binder. It's a win-win for us all! woot2.gif

The must-have songs is a good idea! There are so many songs out there. Yet, if most of us had to list them off of the top of our heads, it would be difficult to name a reasonable amount! So, that's a section that works great with the more time that you have esp. since that's one of our more passive items on the agenda. I mean listening to music while doing wedding projects! Two birds with one stone! cheers.gif

Please continue sharing your ideas! :)

Originally Posted by candacey View Post

Great thread- thanks for starting! I'm sure you'll get to it when you begin planning the ceremony section, but I have also been noting "must play songs in my binder... Just an idea :)

So, yesterday I went through my binder dividers. The largest one I had was a 5 tab (so that will have to do for now). However, I know that they do have 12 tab dividers for those who want to itemize their binders even more. 

My binders categories are the following:

• General wedding
  • To do lists/shopping lists
  • Wedding Cruise (you could easily sub this for wedding week)
  • Wedding day
  • Important Information

To be continued....

Oh this thread is currently settling my heart. After having the dreaded budget and guest list talk with the parents, our wedding is spiraling wickedly out of control, way off into the land of "did not ever, ever want but are now being forced to do so because of money". This makes me happy, because I can do this- I can organize, and I can make lists and to do's.