Azul Beach Weddings 2014

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#21 CDC-SRW

CDC-SRW
  • Site Supporter
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

When we went down for the Brides Dress Rehearsal, there was a wedding at the resort that weekend and they had everything on the beach. We fell in love with the way their reception was set up. They had a tent with a dancefloor set up outside the tent. That is the way we are hoping to have ours set up as well. We are having a welcome party on Friday night at the Waves lounge along with a cocktail party after the ceremony there too.

We are having a difficult time with decorations for the events though. The Karisma people keep referring us to the Lomas Travel website. Maybe it's just us, but we can't seem to get our vision across to them.

#22 Vanilla871

Vanilla871
    • 9 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 5, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Generations Riviera Maya
    • LocationRiviera Maya

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, I've just been googling tons of photos and saving them to show the coordinator. I'm still stuck on figuring my color scheme. I want to have the reception area outlined with the string lights, but Christine said they can do it with lanterns for $1000. It costs SOOO MUCH. Much cheaper to just purchase the lanterns myself and let them set it up. 

I unfortunately did not have the chance to go down for the Dress Rehearsal but I was keeping the faith that this hotel being 4.5 Stars. Which is what I heard. Did you get to see any of the rooms? I read reviews about how some of the deluxe rooms were shabby but my Travel Coordinator says not to be worried and that all the rooms have been updated. 

#23 Vanilla871

Vanilla871
    • 9 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 5, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Generations Riviera Maya
    • LocationRiviera Maya

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Also, do you think you NEED to have a dance floor on the beach?

#24 CDC-SRW

CDC-SRW
    • Site Supporter
    • 50 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:40 AM

When we went down for the Dress Rehearsal, we stayed in one of the deluxe rooms that has not been renovated yet. I would give it 3 stars. It wasn't that bad. The food on the other hand was wonderful. My only complaint would be with the breakfast options, buffet only, but i'm not that big of a breakfast eater.

We really liked the set up with the dancefloor on the beach. It's ONLY $250.00 hahaha.

#25 PaulSchrank

PaulSchrank
      • Vendor
      • 237 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Hi, we've been shooting a lot of weddings at the Azul's lately. Their staff is always top notch from our perspective, the weddings run very smoothly. Here's a recent one:

#26 PaulSchrank

PaulSchrank
        • Vendor
        • 237 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

Here's another new one:

#27 CDC-SRW

CDC-SRW
          • Site Supporter
          • 50 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

Paul, you are doing our wedding in April next year. We can't wait to work with you. Your work looks outstanding.

#28 RobinLynn16

RobinLynn16
            • 6 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 6, 2014
            • LocationLexington, KY

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hello Azul Beach brides....I am strongly considering this resort for my October 2014 wedding. Anyone care to share what they liked most about this resort? I'm a little concerned as so many reviews mention the rooms being subpar. Has anyone visited recently? Thanks in advance!

#29 Anna Collins

Anna Collins
            • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

I am getting married at Azul on May 6th, 2014!  :)

#30 talicea

talicea
              • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:40 AM

Yay! So happy to see ppl are finally posting on here! I'm getting married April 2014. It's so close and I feel like nothing is settled. Lomas travel doesn't seem very accommodating! I liked one of the memorable moments packages but wanted to alter the flower colors (with something from another package so it's something that should be available) however she said it wasn't possible & I need to talk to my coordinator. Anyone else have similar issues?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users