We just decided to have our wedding at Azul Beach August 13th 2014! Any one having theirs around that time?
Hi MandM2014...our wedding is Sept 12th, 2014...did I read correctly that yours is the 13th???
Ummm...not 100% on what I paid but here's an approximate breakdown (3 ppl. me, hubs, and daughter)
1. $3,000 for our room (pd 3 nights in deluxe room & 3 nights in family swim up)
2. $240 each for airfare- download the skyscanner app to your phone and check it everyday! We flew out of philly to Chicago, then to Mexico. Our first checked bag was free (Delta) didn't have to pay any xtra fees
3. a little over $3000 for photographer- $1500+tax for photo package, $4something for plane ticket, and $8something for her room. Offered to pay for 4 days for her bc it was cheaper to pay the extra day then to fly her on another day. So I saved a little and she got a longer vacation.
4. $1500 for videographer- paid for a 3 night stay and he discounted his package
5. $570? for flowers- My bouquet, 2 bridesmaids, 1 grooms bout, 2 large centerpieces and 4 small
6. $250- Ipod hook up
7. $506- Reception dinners
8. Wedding ceremony package, cocktail hour and cake- all included. no charge.
9. $180 for hair & makeup by Beso brides. No outside vendor fee or day passes purchased
So I guess those are my main elements. Of course there were other things. I brought my own decorations and paid the $250 set up. I did the math and it still worked out to be a better price than renting...plus I brought a lot home and intend to reuse for an AHR and my daughters bday party. bridal party gifts etc.
I have a blog on here called tina's peacock wedding. check it out. I detailed the whole planning experience. the ups and downs and how I saved money. Azul is a great place but the offsite coordinators are terrible and they do try to nickel and dime you. You just gotta be smart! Hope this helps
Hi there!!! my wedding is sept 12th... and I'm freaking out about the hair and makeup! I see in your post here that you used an outside vendor. could you share how that worked and what they charged you?
Thanks so much!