2015 bride just getting started!

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking to get hitched June 2015 as well.  I've been doing my research and I know people that have wed at the Riu and Dreams brands and had great things to say.  I'm still unsure which location I will get married at.  I need a Catholic service so I have fewer choices.  I may even do a chapel in downtown Playa and then have a reception at a Beach Club.  That way guests can stay at any resort they like.  Although I seem to change my mind every other day.  So many choices! 

I will check out Jade as well.  My friend loved that location.  If anyone has tips, suggestions, let me know.  I'd love to hear them. And good luck everyone!

• 1 month later...

There is NO shame in planning early!!! I've been planning for 6 months already and my wedding isn't until Jan 2015--282 days!!! :) I know you ladies have a countdown too!!! :)  I have all of the following booked:

venue/flight

photographer-outside vendor

videographer-outside vendor

DJ-outside vendor

We are just planners ladies!!! I would rather stress now than have to stress closer to the date!!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been engaged for 4 mos but we still can't make up our minds! We have been back and forth on a bunch of resorts. I like the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, Barcelo Maya, Moon Palace, Ocean Turquesa, Dreams... LOL pretty much all of them!

I'm hoping to find a balance between the costs for my guests and my costs for the wedding! The packages and rules vary so much by resort. These forums have been amazing in answering all my questions!

Just found this and super excited that we are all in the same boat! I visited the Grand Bahia Principe in march and loved it...super big but very clean and friendly. The grounds are beautiful too...I am leaning towards that one just because that is the only one I have actually been to and so I know a little about it. Anyone have any insight Ito other resorts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I've just booked the Hotel Marina el Cid for our wedding that is going to take place April 25th, 2015.  We've just sent out the travel info to our guests and are starting to collect deposits.  Its so hard to narrow down the resorts, but I'm excited to start planning the actual wedding!

Thank you for this thread! I just got engaged the beginning of this month and feel like I'm already behind the ball because we want June/July 2015 and I keep reading how people have everything booked! We are going July 12th on vacation in Playa and taking some time to check out resorts (we already had the vacation planned before the engagement). Don't worry I'll write uo reviews on where we check out for you guys! I've been second guessing if that's waiting too long to book something. Glad to see people in the early stages! Congrats everyone!

• 1 month later...

We are doing site visits in August of this year.  For us, the Dreams (Tulum) seems to have the best package for everything we want. 

Also, when doing your research, start to take notice which resorts do weddings, and which SPECIALIZE IN WEDDINGS.  There is a huge difference.   I noticed that Dreams and Palace (in my opinon) are in the wedding niche.  Nice inclusive packages coupled with great incentives and group rates.

Good luck all