May 2014 Brides & Past Bride advice

Originally Posted by Edygiselle View Post

Laurammx.... omg I know that feeling! Is there a number you can call? It is very disappointing to not get the responses you want in a timely manner especially since the wedding is so far out. It is so much uneeded stress! cry.gif

Before making any decisions think about the stress level you are feeling now and the stress level we will all feel come March - May next year. You don't want it to multiply so choosing the perfect place is so important Also you should maybe express to Ana y Jose your thoughts about communication and how important it is to you as a Bride to be.

Before doing that take a few days off from all things wedding related and do something fun!

Did Hideki said he is available for your date?

Thanks for the sympathy and wise words! :)

I ended up making a complete 180 and backed out. I did finally receive the info for making a deposit, but by that time my fiancé and I were already talking about exchanging the expensive Mexican wedding for a long weekend in Europe + building a house this year instead. I found an amazing small villa hotel in Tuscany to buy out for our wedding party and I think I might be even more excited about it than I ever was of Mexico! Plus we just scrapped like half of our budget now that we don't have the travel expenses to MX. Yay!

So I'm out, happy planning ladies and enjoy your dream weddings in Riviera Maya! They will be amazing. hug2.gif

P.S. Edygiselle, I'll be back in a year to check out how your photos turned out, I'm just a bit bummed we won't be able to book Hideki now ;)

Thanks for the sympathy and wise words! :) I ended up making a complete 180 and backed out. I did finally receive the info for making a deposit, but by that time my fiancé and I were already talking about exchanging the expensive Mexican wedding for a long weekend in Europe + building a house this year instead. I found an amazing small villa hotel in Tuscany to buy out for our wedding party and I think I might be even more excited about it than I ever was of Mexico! Plus we just scrapped like half of our budget now that we don't have the travel expenses to MX. Yay! So I'm out, happy planning ladies and enjoy your dream weddings in Riviera Maya! They will be amazing. :hug2: P.S. Edygiselle, I'll be back in a year to check out how your photos turned out, I'm just a bit bummed we won't be able to book Hideki now ;)
I love Tuscany and your wedding sounds amazing! You sound much happier about this decision and that is really all that counts. I'm not sure if you've going to Florence, but there's a fabulous bike tour with wine tastings and lunch that I would highly recommend.

Originally Posted by laurammx View Post

Thanks for the sympathy and wise words! :)

I ended up making a complete 180 and backed out. I did finally receive the info for making a deposit, but by that time my fiancé and I were already talking about exchanging the expensive Mexican wedding for a long weekend in Europe + building a house this year instead. I found an amazing small villa hotel in Tuscany to buy out for our wedding party and I think I might be even more excited about it than I ever was of Mexico! Plus we just scrapped like half of our budget now that we don't have the travel expenses to MX. Yay!

So I'm out, happy planning ladies and enjoy your dream weddings in Riviera Maya! They will be amazing. hug2.gif

P.S. Edygiselle, I'll be back in a year to check out how your photos turned out, I'm just a bit bummed we won't be able to book Hideki now ;)

laurammx You do sound much happier!!! I know your wedding will be amazing!

You were feeling the same way I felt when having to change my initial plans to Wed in Grenada to Mexico. I trully had my heart set on Grenada but the communication was eating me up inside... Then I found Le Reve!

Congrats destination brides!!! and thx for sharing how you found your better choices......it's sure to help out others here in similar situations, which makes this forum such a great resouce!!!

Happy reserach all, and hoping your Special Big Day Celebrations all turn out to be Perfectly Amazing !!! Cheers :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

Hi All!

Another May 2014 Bride here! We just signed our contract for Azul Beach and I can't wait to get the ball rolling on planning! The easiest part of this whole process so far has been picking the resort and this is mainly b/c of my travel agent, she's amazing. If you need some help with decision making check out Beach Bum Vacations (Melissa Harmon is my agent) they are terrific so far!

Congratulations! Making the decision on a resort has been the most challenging task for me so far! I think we may have finally decided on Moon Palace. It seems to have everything we are looking for. I was sent the contract today to fill out to confirm our date and time, eek! :cheer2: Can't wait to hear what you decide, any thoughts on locations so far?  
That's so funny that you are going with the Moon Palace! My future husband is very partial to this venue because one of his family members got married there, and he really enjoyed it. I think I prefer to do something smaller but I am definitely keeping MP in mind. I did talk with my travel agent yesterday about locations. After a very long conversation we decided to start with three of my top choices: Azul Sensatori (I hate their outside vendor fees!) , Dreams Riviera Cancun, and NOW Jade.

I'm glad to hear a positive opinion someone has about MP who has been there! My future sister-in-law is a Palace member, so they get awesome deals through any of those resorts. You might check out Beach Palace, Aventura, or Sun Palace if you haven't already. When you stay at one of those you also get free shuttles to any of the other Palace resorts throughout your trip. Dreams Riviera and NOW Jade were both in my top choices as well! I was very close to booking Dreams it seems gorgeous. NOW Jade has awesome reviews on this site. I had to stop looking at TripAdvisor so much as I freaked out over every bad review a place I liked received lol. Keep me updated on your decision making!!!

I still can't decide! I've seen some pics of a coral/navy color scheme that I love. I have also been crazy about orange lately, but I don't know what I'd pair it with. I am hoping something will jump out and scream PICK ME in a magazine or something soon haha. My fiance keeps saying pink and brown, and he never has opinion on anything so I feel like I should consider it, but I don't think brown is very beachy? I mint green as well. As you can tell I'm struggling with this lol.

By the way I followed your link further back in the thread to check out your STD's. They are absolutely fabulous!!!

Originally Posted by Futurefiler87 View Post

I still can't decide! I've seen some pics of a coral/navy color scheme that I love. I have also been crazy about orange lately, but I don't know what I'd pair it with. I am hoping something will jump out and scream PICK ME in a magazine or something soon haha. My fiance keeps saying pink and brown, and he never has opinion on anything so I feel like I should consider it, but I don't think brown is very beachy? I mint green as well. As you can tell I'm struggling with this lol.

By the way I followed your link further back in the thread to check out your STD's. They are absolutely fabulous!!!

Futurefiler-

One of my girlfriends is designing my invites, and she showed me an amazing looking color palette: navy blue, orange, and something else.  I think I read that having more than 2 colors is always a good idea.  Pinterest usually has some great ideas for color schemes. If you are on there, I'm happy to link you to my (secret for now) planning board. In lieu of that, here are a couple of options that I've been thinking of:

http://blog.weddingpaperdivas.com/pantone-vivacious-inspiration-board/

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpcko7DyAO1qa1xr9o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1333047156&Signature=kYxQd%2FxVj362XfT8abCL2lge7L8%3D

http://www.orientaltrading.com/peacock-wedding-table-numbers-a2-PT2052-12-1.fltr?Ntt=table+number

http://www.wedideas.com/Natural_Touch_Callas_Orchids_Bouquet_p/bqppn006.htm