April 2014 Brides

ucfjennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLuv View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo628 View Post

Oh, I didn't actually pay for all of their tickets- just my parents, but my siblings are definitely paying me back! Just something about the internet that they don't want to just do it themselves. If we had waited for them to book the airfare, it would have been a week before the wedding and cost $1000 to fly to Cabo from LA (prices went down yesterday fro $250!! Now it's back up to $500 though). But we're just glad it over with.

Six months out is a weird feeling isn't it?

Oh okay. Well, I'm glad you got it out the way. Weird, let's try a lil overwhelming. Lol. I'm excited, anxious, and ready to get my life and pockets back. Lol. Right now I feel like my wedding consumes my entire life.

I know, it's ridiculous! Every spare moment I'm looking at wedding photos, ideas, emailing, getting prices, etc. AHHHH! I never thought i'd be one of those brides...yet here I am! :) At least we all have each other.

I know, it's ridiculous! Every spare moment I'm looking at wedding photos, ideas, emailing, getting prices, etc. AHHHH! I never thought i'd be one of those brides...yet here I am! :) At least we all have each other.
LOL, I so the same thing and I to never thought I would be one of those brides. Thank God we have each other or we would drive our FI crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all you April brides! Congrats on your upcoming weddings! Your big day will be here sooner than you think :) This post is for any Mayan Riviera, Mexico brides interested in affordable decor for your wedding.

I'm a newlywed from Vancouver, Canada that lives down here in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. I have quite a few decor items leftover from our wedding in May, mostly in a rustic vintage style. I've decided to rent things out to brides that don't want to lug things like vases & mason jars down here to Mexico, and have priced things quite fairly compared to the resorts' prices. I have a lots of different types of bottles, mason jars, vases and lanterns, as well as a variety of other items like wooden signs & frames, table runners, rustic birdcages, string lighting and even a portable sound system.

If you want a Style Me Pretty or Ruffled type of wedding in Mexico without a huge price tag, I'm your gal! I'm also always interested in buying items that brides bring down and would like to sell after their weddings. 

If you'd like to see some photos and a price list, please send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you all the info. Also if anyone has any questions about the area, ask away! I've lived in Playa Del Carmen for two years and know the area quite well. Happy planning ladies!

Here's a couple of photos of some items we used in our wedding and that are for rent:

Optimized by JPEGmini 3.8.8.2L 0x670a1c9d

LL

Optimized by JPEGmini 3.8.8.2L 0x146bafa7

Optimized by JPEGmini 3.8.8.2L 0x28c83e2a

LL

LL

LL

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the ladies that have joined since my last check-in!  I can't believe how fast time is flying, my planning slowed during the holidays, but I'm now back in full wedding planning mode!  LOL!  My group is up to 47 people with more saying they are going to book!  We invited 115 and planned on 50 attending, so we are almost there!

Some of the major items I'm working on...

1) Getting fit for alterations!  Focusing on eating better and getting in my daily workout, and to my surprise, I'm enjoying it! 

2) Pre-cruise packets!  I will be mailing luggage tags (search "ucfjennifer luggage tag" for my DIY thread) and a brochure with travel/cruise info (created on Vistaprint) to each guest next week.

3) Groom's attire!  My FH has changed his mind on what he wants to wear.  I'm slightly annoyed as I thought this was already decided.  We discussed a few other options that we both like, and I'm leaving the final decision up to him.    

4) Bridal party attire!  We have finally nailed down the bridal party (we were waiting for 2 people to decide if they were coming), so it's time to finalize their attire.  Guys will have to wait until FH makes his decision.

5) Welcome bags!  I started purchasing items for our welcome bags.  This part is so much fun!

Well, that's it for now!  What are the rest of you working on?