Photo

Bride on A Budget (7,000.00 WEDDING CHALLENGE)

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#81 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
  • 381 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

Where are you traveling from? we are traveling from NY and prices are not out yet for August next year but I have seen it anywhere from $950 to what we paid for our site visit $407

Our prices aren't out yet either. 2 TAs and a friend stated the $350 ballpark for flights. We are leaving from FL. Hopefully you guys will be able to get a flight around the price you paid for your visit.

#82 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
    • 288 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

Every time I am booking a vacation I wish to live in Florida, the prices are so much cheaper to flight from there. Thank you, it was scary to get that price, we had the hotel booked and I kept watching the fare every day a few times a day, until I got that cheap fare like 5 days before departure, I rushed to buy it and it went right back up, I kept waiting for an email telling me it was an error, funny, I got an email but offering to upgrade to first for $79 each. LOL 

We are working with a TA and I hope she would be able to get us all a good price, we are all leaving from NYC.

Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 

Our prices aren't out yet either. 2 TAs and a friend stated the $350 ballpark for flights. We are leaving from FL. Hopefully you guys will be able to get a flight around the price you paid for your visit.

#83 Recy

Recy
      • 165 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

I hope I can keep my guest prices as low as possible. 

YAY my 100th post!! I only need 25 more to get my templates!!!!

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#84 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
        • 599 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

Every time I am booking a vacation I wish to live in Florida, the prices are so much cheaper to flight from there. Thank you, it was scary to get that price, we had the hotel booked and I kept watching the fare every day a few times a day, until I got that cheap fare like 5 days before departure, I rushed to buy it and it went right back up, I kept waiting for an email telling me it was an error, funny, I got an email but offering to upgrade to first for $79 each. LOL 

We are working with a TA and I hope she would be able to get us all a good price, we are all leaving from NYC.

Definitely keep in mind the tips earlier in this thread (5% discount from American, other airlines may give discounts on the same itinerary, etc.).

#85 Icis

Icis
          • 374 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
          • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

Not necessarily, if you are staying 7 nights it would be 3-3500, but guest can stay only 4 nights or 3. Because of personal reasons my room came up a lot more expensive that I would have like it but I am thinking my guests would be around $2500 or less for 4 nights. 

I see...its different in Canada. We generally get 7 days package and that's it.

#86 Icis

Icis
          • 374 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
          • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

Not necessarily, if you are staying 7 nights it would be 3-3500, but guest can stay only 4 nights or 3. Because of personal reasons my room came up a lot more expensive that I would have like it but I am thinking my guests would be around $2500 or less for 4 nights. 

#87 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
          • 599 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Icis 

Oh wow! I can't believe you can't get a 3-4 day package! Not everyone can take a week off of work.  :(

#88 lorcas

lorcas
            • 297 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

How did i not see this thread sooner! I will have to come back and read the whole thread! 

#89 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
              • 288 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

But can they buy separate, air and hotel? That is how I have it arranged with my TA since prices for airfare are not out yet and buying a package would require ME making a non refundable 10% deposit for all flights I put on hold. NOT HAPPENING! 

Originally Posted by Icis 

#90 aida714

aida714
                • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hello Ladies, Im also planning my destination wedding in Cancun. My fiance and i chose Gran Caribe Real. I fell in love with the chapel... Its just beautiful! I've stayed at that resort twice and both times that i've been there it has been a great experience. So thats why we decided to marry there. The total cost of the wedding is about 8,000. But i think it might be less since its not a big group. Im really excited!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users