Photo

Bride on A Budget (7,000.00 WEDDING CHALLENGE)

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#61 Recy

Recy
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

One more thing about photo sharing.  I'm planning to use this wedding website (featured in an article here on BDW):

http://www.appycouple.com/about

The nice thing is that for less than $30, you can get a wedding website AND a personalized app for your guests for each of the wedding activities.  In addition, there is a free photo sharing app that allows you to collect (and delete!) guest photos on your website:

http://www.appycouple.com/features

You can get it for even cheaper by using a coupon code from Style Me Pretty:

http://www.stylemepr...app-a-discount/

Thanks for the links!!! These are AWESOME!!!!

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#62 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
    • 599 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Recy 

Thanks for the links!!! These are AWESOME!!!!

You are welcome! Since I know I'll be spending a lot of money on a few things (photographer, food, entertainment), I'm trying to really cut back where I can (dress, invites, travel, hotel, extras for guests) without sacrificing impact and quality.  I think an app will be a really cool and stylish way to get the word out---all while spending very little money.  For me the rule is: a few choice investments that lead to huge impact are far better than trying to do a whole lot of small to medium investments for little impact. 

#63 Recy

Recy
      • 165 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

You are welcome! Since I know I'll be spending a lot of money on a few things (photographer, food, entertainment), I'm trying to really cut back where I can (dress, invites, travel, hotel, extras for guests) without sacrificing impact and quality.  I think an app will be a really cool and stylish way to get the word out---all while spending very little money.  For me the rule is: a few choice investments that lead to huge impact are far better than trying to do a whole lot of small to medium investments for little impact. 

I agree. That is a smart way to think.  I think I want a video also. How do you feel about  a video? Worth it?? 

Attached Files

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#64 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
        • 599 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

I agree. That is a smart way to think.  I think I want a video also. How do you feel about  a video? Worth it?? 

I think it is definitely worth it for some, but I had to decide what I wanted: stellar photography vs. okay photgraphy + okay videography, given my budget.  I would like to have video, but amazing photography was more important to me, so I decided to go with that.  Plus, I HATE the pictures I see with videographers filming right up by the altar. (Again, the quality of videographer I'd have to pay for is out of my budget.)

#65 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
          • 599 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

ETA: I'm going to send you my photographer so you will have an idea of what kind of thing I am looking for.  Everyone has different tastes and preferences.

#66 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
            • 288 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

Photography is the MOST important since the pictures are the best memories of your big day and you will be able to share with those who are not able to attend. I did splurge on my photogs 

Originally Posted by TiarraBeautyJ 

Photographer definitely will cause the budget to go over the line!!!! LOL But photography is very important and is something that is everlasting.

#67 Icis

Icis
              • 374 posts
              • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
              • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

Its sounds like everyone's flight + AI resorts is about $3,000-$3,500 (I'm assuming this is per couple pricing). So your guests are also paying approximately that much to attend your wedding right? Most of my family and friends are finding it too expensive to attend. I may have less than 10 coming.

#68 Icis

Icis
              • 374 posts
              • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
              • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

It sounds like everyone's flight + AI resorts is about $3,000-$3,500 (I'm assuming this is per couple pricing). So your guests are also paying approximately that much to attend your wedding right? Most of my family and friends are finding it too expensive to attend. I may have less than 10 coming.

#69 Recy

Recy
              • 165 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

Quote:

I think it is definitely worth it for some, but I had to decide what I wanted: stellar photography vs. okay photgraphy + okay videography, given my budget.  I would like to have video, but amazing photography was more important to me, so I decided to go with that.  Plus, I HATE the pictures I see with videographers filming right up by the altar. (Again, the quality of videographer I'd have to pay for is out of my budget.)

I would love to have both but I will have to check my budget also.

#70 Recy

Recy
                • 165 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

Quote:

ETA: I'm going to send you my photographer so you will have an idea of what kind of thing I am looking for.  Everyone has different tastes and preferences.

Thank You!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users