I have found a few budget saving tricks as well, thought i'd share:
1) Forget the linens. White is elegant and classic...and included! You think that bright orange looks great now, but it doesn't stand the test of time and will most likely look dated when you look back at photos. Save your $$$ and let your sorroundings speak for itself.
2) Vista-Print! Seriously I was able to do 100 invites/envelopes/address stickers, and 25 seals I custom designed to say thank you Brad & Shauna Mexico 2013 for about $60 including shipping - just use retailmenot.com for a coupon code ( I am re-purposing envelope seal stickers to go on cake boxes I bought for $5 off Amazon that could easily double as a favor but I am just using them so guests can bring a piece of cake with them back to their hotel room since my package includes dessert also)
3) skip OOT bags if you're at an all-inclusive in lieu of a cheaper weekend wedding survival kit. I did 24 of them for $80 ...shop around for deals! Who needs bottles of water or snacks when you're at a resort and can eat and drink for free! I think it's nice to offer a thank-you or welcome gift but this is a fairly new concept so if it's not in your budget don't stress. Speaking of favors...shop around! Again, I used retailmenot.com and was able to afford the more expensive favor because of it (we did starfish wine stoppers since were having our reception in a wine cellar) . Many places offered discounts but eventually one was cheap enough so that I was able to do 24 favors and tags for $80- that's $160 for all my favors combined, not too shabby.
4) Ask for an off-the-rack price...and call price/compare when it comes to your dress: It worked for me..called several stores that carried the Allure line and saved over $200 off of my dress, the worst they can say is no.
5) Don't get too caught up in personalizing...chap stick, water bottles etc. it may be cute but it's really only THAT exciting to you so don't waste money on the little things that aren't all that important. If it's cheap or free to personalize it-go for it but otherwise no one (I promise) really cares that it has your name on it. Also, doing tags may be cheaper than engraving or stickers. We found a bunch of cute favor tags on ebay for $7!
6) Re-use decor...splurging for fresh flowers for your pews or chairs ? Have someone transfer it to your tables to double as centerpieces. You get the luxury of having fresh flowers at your ceremony and reception for only half the cost.
May not be for everyone...but we also decided not to have a wedding party. We only have 24 in our group so were going to keep it to our parents. It cut down on cost and didn't make me pick favorites between an already small group of my best-friends/family. If you're worried about not having a shower or bachlorette party ...don't! I had SEVERAL people ask to do this, many of whom couldn't be at my wedding but wanted to do something special for us.