Photo

Bride on A Budget (7,000.00 WEDDING CHALLENGE)

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#141 shugapop1

shugapop1
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

I tried websites and nothing. I emailed him, still nothing. Oh well! I love Sam's work as well. small wedding, 10ppl? I will go with an ipod, for a big wedding, over 30 people, I feel I need a DJ to handle the crowd, make them get on the dance floor, etc. A good DJ will have the charisma to get people going. 

I was gonna do the dj but decided on ipod. This allows me to truly bring music I want to hear. Since I'm only doing hour long reception and then we're doing reggae boat cruise that evening. That option is perfect forus.

#142 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
    • 599 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by shugapop1 

I was gonna do the dj but decided on ipod. This allows me to truly bring music I want to hear. Since I'm only doing hour long reception and then we're doing reggae boat cruise that evening. That option is perfect forus.

I think that makes plenty of sense if you'll only be doing an hour!  I should have mentioned above in my response to Tiarra that whether or not you want to have a dj depends on the length of your event as well.  Our reception is going to be at least 5 hours, for example.

#143 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
      • 288 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

If i had one hour I will go with an ipod too. 

#144 shugapop1

shugapop1
        • 868 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

I think that makes plenty of sense if you'll only be doing an hour!  I should have mentioned above in my response to Tiarra that whether or not you want to have a dj depends on the length of your event as well.  Our reception is going to be at least 5 hours, for example.

We're only doing hr since wedding is at 4. Reggae cruise is at 7. Music. Deinks. Appetizers served on that as well

#145 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
          • 599 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

We're only doing hr since wedding is at 4. Reggae cruise is at 7. Music. Deinks. Appetizers served on that as well

I want to come to your wedding!

#146 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
            • 381 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Wow I know he was on vacation for a while. But his work is amazing and his prices are very reasonable. He responds quick to my questions. His reviews on here are really good. Ladies the DJ's seem a little pricey.... Share with me your thoughts on using the iPod vs a Dj ? Or vice versa

As of right now we are using our iPod and renting the equipment. We are expecting between 25-30 people with our grandparents and other elderly people being 5. I think we can manage. Who knows...as we get closer we may sing another tune and book a DJ.

#147 shugapop1

shugapop1
              • 868 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

I want to come to your wedding!

come on. you are more than welcome

#148 bridemoonpalace

bridemoonpalace
                • 151 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

Great info ladies! Good luck with your challenge!

#149 kaleighd

kaleighd
                  • 6 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

My budget is 10,000. To help cut costs I'm sending out my save the dates by email and hand making the invitations. I'm not getting married until Jan 2015, but I'm still super excited!

#150 naylovesall

naylovesall
                    • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

hello Ladies

I thought i was the only one that was on a strict budget until i found this forum which was relieving. I'm planning to have my wedding in Jamaica may 17,2014. I probably will stay at grand palladium but not have a wedding there because its to expensive and they don't include much in the package. my budget is 4,000-5000 and I'm expecting 20-30 ppl, but I'm kind of worry that my budget is to small for a reception, dj, food and photographer. Its really important for me to have a reception so i can share a 1st dance with my fiance. I've been reading some reviews about dawn from Jamaica elegant wedding and she seem really good. have anyone personally work with her and can give me some thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users