Photo

Bride on A Budget (7,000.00 WEDDING CHALLENGE)

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#131 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
  • 381 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:02 AM

Ladies, Who are you choosing for photography? This seems to be one of the most expensive on my list. I do not want to spend too much but I also do not want to sacrifice quality. Your thoughts?

I am still deciding. FI doesn't care one way or the other...lol. I may go with the resort's photographer. Based on reviews from past Now Jade brides, I need to specifically request a photographer named Chelsea (I think that's her name). Apparently she is really good. I am also strongly considering hiring a photographer for a Cenote TTD session. I really want underwater photos. Who are you considering?

#132 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
    • 288 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:08 AM

My budget if put of control right now, I choose a package for photos, video and Cenote TTD for $4500. I did not wanted to sacrifice photo quality and style for just a person with a camera without style. At first I didn't considered video but after watching a couple of movie style videos and showing FH we decided to have it, and I will NOT do without the cenote TTD, even though I don't swim, that should be an interesting one.

Ladies, Who are you choosing for photography? This seems to be one of the most expensive on my list. I do not want to spend too much but I also do not want to sacrifice quality. Your thoughts?

#133 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
      • 288 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:09 AM

Out of control* that was

#134 TiarraBeautyJ

TiarraBeautyJ
        • 60 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 14, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Isla Mujeres
        • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:16 AM

I feel the exact same way!!!! I am considering Gonzalo Nunez or Juan Navarro. I am unsure at this point. Both of their work are really impressive. My fiancĀ© is in love with Juan's creativity. Gonzalo has a really good package with excellent work as well. So this will be very hard for us lol. Pictures are very important so I am willing to splurge here in this area.

Tiarra

February 14th 2015 *A celebration of Love*

Isla Mujeres

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

#135 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
        • 288 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:57 AM

I tried all the possible ways to get in contact with Gonzalo Nunez and all the links I tried didn't work. So I went with Samuel Luna 

Originally Posted by TiarraBeautyJ 

I feel the exact same way!!!! I am considering Gonzalo Nunez or Juan Navarro. I am unsure at this point. Both of their work are really impressive. My fiancĀ© is in love with Juan's creativity. Gonzalo has a really good package with excellent work as well. So this will be very hard for us lol. Pictures are very important so I am willing to splurge here in this area.

#136 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
          • 381 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

I tried all the possible ways to get in contact with Gonzalo Nunez and all the links I tried didn't work. So I went with Samuel Luna 

I've never heard of Gonzalo Nunez.  I have to research him.

#137 TiarraBeautyJ

TiarraBeautyJ
            • 60 posts
            • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

Wow I know he was on vacation for a while. But his work is amazing and his prices are very reasonable. He responds quick to my questions. His reviews on here are really good. Ladies the DJ's seem a little pricey.... Share with me your thoughts on using the iPod vs a Dj ? Or vice versa

Tiarra

Isla Mujeres

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

#138 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
            • 288 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

I tried websites and nothing. I emailed him, still nothing. Oh well! I love Sam's work as well.

small wedding, 10ppl? I will go with an ipod, for a big wedding, over 30 people, I feel I need a DJ to handle the crowd, make them get on the dance floor, etc. A good DJ will have the charisma to get people going. 

Wow I know he was on vacation for a while. But his work is amazing and his prices are very reasonable. He responds quick to my questions. His reviews on here are really good.

Ladies the DJ's seem a little pricey.... Share with me your thoughts on using the iPod vs a Dj ? Or vice versa

#139 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
              • 599 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

Wow I know he was on vacation for a while. But his work is amazing and his prices are very reasonable. He responds quick to my questions. His reviews on here are really good.

Ladies the DJ's seem a little pricey.... Share with me your thoughts on using the iPod vs a Dj ? Or vice versa

I am definitely getting a DJ.  For me, it's important to have someone that knows what s/he is doing when it comes to music, responding to crowd dynamics, etc.  Plus, by the time I searched out and downloaded all of the music that I wanted and rented speakers and other equipment, it would end up costing way more for me to have a DJ in terms of wasted time and the price of the music.  We are also planning to have about 60 people at our wedding, which makes a difference.  That said, many people have used their iPods for weddings with great success.  Here's an article with some tips (don't forget to check out the comments:

http://apracticalwed...ding-with-ipod/

There's also an app for iPods to help you dj as well.  One thing I would advise is that you assign someone to man the iPod so you don't have to worry about it, and also have cds for backup just in case.  I hope this helps!

#140 TiarraBeautyJ

TiarraBeautyJ
                • 60 posts
                • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

I'm going to check out sam's work! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have about 25 people. So it's pretty small.

Tiarra

Isla Mujeres

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users