Jump to content
TiarraBeautyJ

Bride on A Budget (7,000.00 WEDDING CHALLENGE)

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 View Post

 

 

Most likely. We have a date set there and Dreams Riviera Cancun. We are leaning towards them because the package includes more people.

We fainlly booked Now Sapphire for the same reason....more people included. Stayed there last summer for 4 nights and it was beautiful! Their wedding package seems to include a lot more than most other resorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have stayed at BMP and is quite expensive, how did you get such cheap accommodations cost? 

Originally Posted by TiarraBeautyJ View Post

Hi Ladies,

 

Here is my actual budget breakdown

 

Resort Wedding Package: 2,200.00 

Flight: 950.56

Accommodations: 820.00

Photography: 1200.00

Makeup: 380.00

SAVE THE DATES/INVITES: 30.00

Videography: 700.00

 

 

MY TOTAL= 6280.00

GUEST COUNT = 25

LOCATION= BARCELO MAYA PALACE 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have found a few budget saving tricks as well, thought i'd share:

 

1) Forget the linens. White is elegant and classic...and included! You think that bright orange looks great now, but it doesn't stand the test of time and will most likely look dated when you look back at photos. Save your $$$ and let your sorroundings speak for itself.

 

2) Vista-Print! Seriously I was able to do 100 invites/envelopes/address stickers, and 25 seals I custom designed to say thank you Brad & Shauna Mexico 2013 for about $60 including shipping - just use retailmenot.com for a coupon code ( I am re-purposing envelope seal stickers to go on cake boxes I bought for $5 off Amazon that could easily double as a favor but I am just using them so guests can bring a piece of cake with them back to their hotel room since my package includes dessert also)

 

3) skip OOT bags if you're at an all-inclusive in lieu of a cheaper weekend wedding survival kit. I did 24 of them for $80 ...shop around for deals! Who needs bottles of water or snacks when you're at a resort and can eat and drink for free! I think it's nice to offer a thank-you or welcome gift but this is a fairly new concept so if it's not in your budget don't stress. Speaking of favors...shop around! Again, I used retailmenot.com and was able to afford the more expensive favor because of it (we did starfish wine stoppers since were having our reception in a wine cellar) . Many places offered discounts but eventually one was cheap enough so that I was able to do 24 favors and tags for $80- that's $160 for all my favors combined, not too shabby.

 

4) Ask for an off-the-rack price...and call price/compare when it comes to your dress: It worked for me..called several stores that carried the Allure line and saved over $200 off of my dress, the worst they can say is no.

 

5) Don't get too caught up in personalizing...chap stick, water bottles etc. it may be cute but it's really only THAT exciting to you so don't waste money on the little things that aren't all that important. If it's cheap or free to personalize it-go for it but otherwise no one (I promise) really cares that it has your name on it. Also, doing tags may be cheaper than engraving or stickers. We found a bunch of cute favor tags on ebay for $7!

 

6) Re-use decor...splurging for fresh flowers for your pews or chairs ? Have someone transfer it to your tables to double as centerpieces. You get the luxury of having fresh flowers at your ceremony and reception for only half the cost.

 

May not be for everyone...but we also decided not to have a wedding party. We only have 24 in our group so were going to keep it to our parents. It cut down on cost and didn't make me pick favorites between an already small group of my best-friends/family. If you're worried about not having a shower or bachlorette party ...don't! I had SEVERAL people ask to do this, many of whom couldn't be at my wedding but wanted to do something special for us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by mrsbrowntobe View Post

 

I love this thread. I am doing whatever it takes to stay around 6,000-7,000 dollars. I chose an off peak time in Jamaica and I am going with the free package. Not sure what I plan on bringing for decorates (aisle, dinner, chairs) but I want to keep it minimal. After all, the reasons for destination for me were stress-free (as possible), less planning, cheaper and I get to have a holiday with my family and friends since we live in a different province.

 

I created my own luggage tags for STDs on Word and am going to print them on card stock, attach a polka dot ribbon, and viola. I have decided to send out STD with our wedding date & time, resort, and "for further details and to RSVP visit our wedding website..." I know that some people see invitations as being very important, and that's fine, but I personally see them as a waste of time and money. The website will have all the information that my potential guests will require. I know people worry about pleasing relatives who won't be able to attend. I am sending my STDs to EVERYONE and on our welcome page on our site, I included a blurb about the guests who can't make it. We will take a moment on our special day to reflect on all of the important relationships in our lives, and I want you all to know that you will be in our thoughts. Something along those lines.

 

I want to go super casual for my boys and will probably get their outfits from Old Navy, as a friend of mine did who married in Cuba last year. She waited until the end of the season sale to order the shirts and sandals. I want to rider my dress and BM dresses from one of those China Made online dress sites, but am a little nervous. Did anyone else do this?

 

Any more tips would be awesome. Happy budget wise planning!

 

I'd be wary of getting a dress online. There were big differences in the quality when I looked even at places like David's Bridal vs regular Bridal shops. What I did was find a dress I loved..then looked on re-sell websites to see if others were able to sell the same size/design and what price they were getting. I found I had a popular size/design so I am going to sell my dress after and will end up spending only $100-300 ultimately on my originally priced $1300 dress. You just have to keep it in good shape, and obviously you can't make too many alterations (I am just adding cups and a bustle) . A good resell site preownedweddingdresses.com or tradesy.com . While it won't work for all brides, it may work for some. Also, you could find the dress and size you need then scope out the above sites to nab a deal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Sehausle View Post

 

I have found a few budget saving tricks as well, thought i'd share:

 

1) Forget the linens. White is elegant and classic...and included! You think that bright orange looks great now, but it doesn't stand the test of time and will most likely look dated when you look back at photos. Save your $$$ and let your sorroundings speak for itself.

 

2) Vista-Print! Seriously I was able to do 100 invites/envelopes/address stickers, and 25 seals I custom designed to say thank you Brad & Shauna Mexico 2013 for about $60 including shipping - just use retailmenot.com for a coupon code ( I am re-purposing envelope seal stickers to go on cake boxes I bought for $5 off Amazon that could easily double as a favor but I am just using them so guests can bring a piece of cake with them back to their hotel room since my package includes dessert also)

 

3) skip OOT bags if you're at an all-inclusive in lieu of a cheaper weekend wedding survival kit. I did 24 of them for $80 ...shop around for deals! Who needs bottles of water or snacks when you're at a resort and can eat and drink for free! I think it's nice to offer a thank-you or welcome gift but this is a fairly new concept so if it's not in your budget don't stress. Speaking of favors...shop around! Again, I used retailmenot.com and was able to afford the more expensive favor because of it (we did starfish wine stoppers since were having our reception in a wine cellar) . Many places offered discounts but eventually one was cheap enough so that I was able to do 24 favors and tags for $80- that's $160 for all my favors combined, not too shabby.

 

4) Ask for an off-the-rack price...and call price/compare when it comes to your dress: It worked for me..called several stores that carried the Allure line and saved over $200 off of my dress, the worst they can say is no.

 

5) Don't get too caught up in personalizing...chap stick, water bottles etc. it may be cute but it's really only THAT exciting to you so don't waste money on the little things that aren't all that important. If it's cheap or free to personalize it-go for it but otherwise no one (I promise) really cares that it has your name on it. Also, doing tags may be cheaper than engraving or stickers. We found a bunch of cute favor tags on ebay for $7!

 

6) Re-use decor...splurging for fresh flowers for your pews or chairs ? Have someone transfer it to your tables to double as centerpieces. You get the luxury of having fresh flowers at your ceremony and reception for only half the cost.

 

May not be for everyone...but we also decided not to have a wedding party. We only have 24 in our group so were going to keep it to our parents. It cut down on cost and didn't make me pick favorites between an already small group of my best-friends/family. If you're worried about not having a shower or bachlorette party ...don't! I had SEVERAL people ask to do this, many of whom couldn't be at my wedding but wanted to do something special for us.

I agree! We were all into looking at a bunch of stuff to buy...decorations, favors etc. and I finally realized that one of the reasons we decided on a destination wedding was to simplify. Then we turn around and started making it complicated!  We will do save the dates and invites. We want to add a little colr with chair sashes and possibly table runners. I am going to do the centerpieces myself...maybe add a few cheaper flowers. We will do some kind of small gift, but otherwise, I feel like we are going to be in a beautiful setting....let it speak for itself! We plan on giving out OOT bags before we leave so we don't have to drag all that stuff with us! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is awesome! I have a 10k budget. Are any of your resort weddings have a private reception or ceremony? I want private and can't seem to find a result that offers a private wedding. I have about 30ppl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for everyone posting their budgets! It really helps me with budgeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by astaats83 View Post

 

This is awesome! I have a 10k budget. Are any of your resort weddings have a private reception or ceremony? I want private and can't seem to find a result that offers a private wedding. I have about 30ppl.

 

We are having our reception privately in their open-aired spanish-style chapel  then we'll have our reception  in their wine cellar but Dreams Tulum offers private functions I believe...not sure about beach because we live near the ocean so I wanted to do something a little bit different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Sehausle View Post

 

 

We are having our reception privately in their open-aired spanish-style chapel  then we'll have our reception  in their wine cellar but Dreams Tulum offers private functions I believe...not sure about beach because we live near the ocean so I wanted to do something a little bit different.

 

oops I mean ceremony* in chapel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by astaats83 View Post

 

This is awesome! I have a 10k budget. Are any of your resort weddings have a private reception or ceremony? I want private and can't seem to find a result that offers a private wedding. I have about 30ppl.

Check out Now resorts (Sapphire or Jade) Riviera Maya. They offer private receptions as part of their packages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×