Photo

Any NYC brides?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

I read of all the people having an AHR for people that did not attend the DW, first of all, the reason for a DW is not to spend a fortune and have something more intimate and fun for everyone, and second, if you couldn't make an effort, having 18 months notice to attend my wedding, why will I make an effort to celebrate with you? No thank you!

~ Did I sounded bridezillaish?  

I honestly don't think I'm doing an AHR my whole reason for a dw was to save money and cut the guest list lol

#22 MissJali

MissJali
    • 935 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

I read of all the people having an AHR for people that did not attend the DW, first of all, the reason for a DW is not to spend a fortune and have something more intimate and fun for everyone, and second, if you couldn't make an effort, having 18 months notice to attend my wedding, why will I make an effort to celebrate with you? No thank you!

no we're on the same page! I don't want to give people an "out" lol

#23 evbaez

evbaez
      • 70 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

no we're on the same page! I don't want to give people an "out" lol

Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

i agree with you ladies. My fI dad brought that up and i was not happy at all. I gave my guests more then enough time to save and decide if they will be going to our wedding. My reason for a DW is to keep it intimate and thats my plan. Sorry to say but if they cant make it then they cant make it. 

#24 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
        • 288 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

Dont be sorry, that is the WTG

Originally Posted by evbaez 

i agree with you ladies. My fI dad brought that up and i was not happy at all. I gave my guests more then enough time to save and decide if they will be going to our wedding. My reason for a DW is to keep it intimate and thats my plan. Sorry to say but if they cant make it then they cant make it. 

#25 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
          • 187 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hey ladies!!! Long Island Destination Wedding bride to be here. Any Long Island Brides here?? I'd love to get together and dish about wedding stuff.

#26 myyooths

myyooths
            • 188 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Another NYC bride in the house! I'm Dominican and my FI is Filipino so both sides of our families are huge!  My FI's uncle got married 2 years ago and they told us they spend well over $40,000!  (and they had a lot of DIY projects)  We can't afford that so we opted for a DW.  My FI loves Punta Cana and is fascinated with the all inclusive aspect of the resort LOL.  We love the ocean, the serenity and beauty that Punta Cana offers.  And DR is so much fun!  I live in Brooklyn ladies.  It would be fun to meet in person and exchange ideas.

#27 myyooths

myyooths
              • 188 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Nice, I see some fellow BBPD brides in the thread! Hi!

#28 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
                • 187 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:42 AM

Nice, I see some fellow BBPD brides in the thread! Hi!

Hey girl! We should definitely get together. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 SoonMrsD

SoonMrsD
                  • 245 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by myyooths 

Another NYC bride in the house! I'm Dominican and my FI is Filipino so both sides of our families are huge!  My FI's uncle got married 2 years ago and they told us they spend well over $40,000!  (and they had a lot of DIY projects)  We can't afford that so we opted for a DW.  My FI loves Punta Cana and is fascinated with the all inclusive aspect of the resort LOL.  We love the ocean, the serenity and beauty that Punta Cana offers.  And DR is so much fun!  I live in Brooklyn ladies.  It would be fun to meet in person and exchange ideas.

Good Luck Girly! I'm getting married in Sept at BBPD! Woooooo

#30 myyooths

myyooths
                    • 188 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by SoonMrsD 

Good Luck Girly! I'm getting married in Sept at BBPD! Woooooo

Thanks SoonMrsD! Good luck to you too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users