Photo

Playa Del Carmen Night Life

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 maa413

maa413
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:59 AM

We are taking our guests to Coco Bongo one night in Cancun and would also like to take everyone out one night in Playa del Carmen.
    I am not too familiar with the night life in PDC, does anyone have any suggestions?

#2 playagirl

playagirl
    • 51 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:46 AM

We've been to the Blue Parrot a couple of times and have had a great time.

#3 mkdela

mkdela
      • 82 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:53 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by playagirl
        We've been to the Blue Parrot a couple of times and have had a great time.
        Definitely Blue Parrot - it is a blast! There is a dance floor right on the beach.
        KATHLEEN & COURTNEY 3/1/08

#4 lambert13

lambert13
        • 901 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:47 AM

Walking along fifth ave at night is a lot of fun. There are so many bars, clubs and what not to choose from. If live music is your thing you can find a bunch of places with that just be walking along and keeping your ears open. I don't have any specific suggestions as we just went from place to place as we walked along though.

One suggestion though is to get the Playa Del Carmen map at Can-Do Maps and travel guides

I have a copy of almost all the maps they make. They are worth their weight in gold as far as I am concerned. The Playa map shows where to park, where to eat and where to do just about everything with first hand reviews of everything they show. That one and/or the Riviera Maya would also make a great OOT bag insert for your guests.

#5 kiahjane

kiahjane
          • 159 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:15 AM

Hi there,

I am curious to hear about how you are organizing transportation for the trips... We are getting married at the Paradisus and we were thinking about doing something like this but weren't sure if we wanted to rent shuttles or how to transport everyone back and forth.

I LOVE 5th Ave in Playa and all of the bars and restaurants are great! Good luck with your plans!

Claire

#6 PaulSchrank

PaulSchrank
            • Vendor
            • 237 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:18 AM

Here's the skinny:

Blue Parrot - Calle 12 Avenida 1 - yes this is tourist heaven. You'll find other tourists and Mexican boys looking to pick up tourist girls here. Of course you find that everywhere. The fire show starts at about 11PM. I believe it's free to get in before 9, it's $10 after but you get two beers with that.

Fusion - Calle 6 Avenida 1 - This is a good place to start with tables on the beach, a funky vibe and often live music.

Bali - Calle 12 between Avenida 5 y 10 - This is a dance club with lights and fog and videos and performers throughout the night. It's well done. Usually starts after 11. You get the full range of people here.

La Santenara - Calle 12 between Avenida 5 y 10 - This is straight up dancing with good DJs. Two different styles of music inside and out. More locals and Playa regulars here. Starts at 1AM.

El Cielo - Calle 12 between Avenida1 y 5 - Haven't been there yet but it looks really cool with three levels and cool architecture. Check it out for me and post it here.

#7 maa413

maa413
              • 61 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 02:06 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by scharke
                Here's the skinny:

Blue Parrot - Calle 12 Avenida 1 - yes this is tourist heaven. You'll find other tourists and Mexican boys looking to pick up tourist girls here. Of course you find that everywhere. The fire show starts at about 11PM. I believe it's free to get in before 9, it's $10 after but you get two beers with that.

Fusion - Calle 6 Avenida 1 - This is a good place to start with tables on the beach, a funky vibe and often live music.

Bali - Calle 12 between Avenida 5 y 10 - This is a dance club with lights and fog and videos and performers throughout the night. It's well done. Usually starts after 11. You get the full range of people here.

La Santenara - Calle 12 between Avenida 5 y 10 - This is straight up dancing with good DJs. Two different styles of music inside and out. More locals and Playa regulars here. Starts at 1AM.

El Cielo - Calle 12 between Avenida1 y 5 - Haven't been there yet but it looks really cool with three levels and cool architecture. Check it out for me and post it here.
                Great thanks for the info

#8 shannon

shannon
                • 772 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:53 PM

Awesome- thanks so much for info! This is great!

#9 jenniferkuhr

jenniferkuhr
                  • 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:54 AM

Blue Parrot is AMAZING!!!  Plus, they have fire dancers at midnight!  SO fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users