2015 Newbie!

infinitybride15

Congrats!!! Wow so good to see us brides getting everything ready now. I am hoping to do a site visit next July and then lock down a date then. Do you guys think a year is not enough time! As I see some are locking down two years in advance.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raquelita- I'm hoping that a year in advance will be enough for everyone to be able to save!...I don't really want to have a 2 year engagement...even though it would be better for everyones wallets! :embarrest:

Consider yourself lucky that you are able to do a site visit! It's very stressful never having been to the resort we have I hope chosen! I would love to do that, but then again thats just THAT much more money! I'd rather save and stay longer for our honeymoon!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooDIVA View Post

Hi Jennkn87,
We hired a planner to help with executing our ideas and to be the point of contact between the WC at IGRH. She has also been a great resource and sounding board. We are having everything on-site.Yes, the WC takes a long time to get back with you. I don't like the idea of waiting a month until the wedding day to plan everything. We've gotten a lot accomplished thus far. We are still working out the details for the ceremony and reception. Our biggest hurdle is the guest list. We both come from huge families, but want a small, intimate ceremony. We will have a welcome party, rehearsal dinner, and a couple of excursions for our guests. Lots more to do in what feels like so little time.

I have decided on The Grand...(I hope at least)...I am waiting for the TA to get back with me with some pricing quotes for bookings. I am crossing my fingers it will work with the budget (we have yet to come up with :- ) I am getting more and more nervous the more I read. I've read that alot of places are raising their prices up to 10% for 2014...which may make or break the situation. I decided on Jamaica because it was the next place I was planning on traveling..being I've been to Mexico twice and Dominican once. But now I'm wondering which place is cheaper? I never really looked? Should I check out different pricing for different places? Or just stick with Jamaica, and maybe have to pick a different resort if The Grand raises prices and ends up being too much! EEEK...It's def stressing me out! It kills me how much the prices differ when you look at the hotel websites compared to the travel sites orbitz, travelocity, ect...Then I've seen other brides webpages...and through researching that time of the year and that resort..see that some TA's have came up with specials that save almost $800 dollars from what the websites say....It's confusing to me how it all works...I'm just PRAYING that she comes up with really good prices for me....I've spent sooo much time researching resorts thus far, I REALLY don't want to have to start all over again.....

Wow Grand. U definetly had a better budget than me. Hahaha i heard good things about the Grand in Jamaica but I did hear the Paraiso is better in Playa Paraiso. Then again I may be biased. I have never been to that grand but love Maya and Lindo. Def have your travel agent look around for the best price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquelita0715 View Post

Wow Grand. U definetly had a better budget than me. Hahaha i heard good things about the Grand in Jamaica but I did hear the Paraiso is better in Playa Paraiso. Then again I may be biased. I have never been to that grand but love Maya and Lindo. Def have your travel agent look around for the best price.

I doubt my budget is all THAT much different! I would guess less! I am determined to make it work however it has to though! I have been to mexico a few times already, as well as punta cana. I really wanted to go somewhere new now...and Jamaica was next on my list! I've heard RM is beautiful...one day I'll venture there hopefully!! But for now it's JAMAICA MON!! 

:woot:

I doubt my budget is all THAT much different! I would guess less! I am determined to make it work however it has to though! I have been to mexico a few times already, as well as punta cana. I really wanted to go somewhere new now...and Jamaica was next on my list! I've heard RM is beautiful...one day I'll venture there hopefully!! But for now it's JAMAICA MON!!  :woot:
Don't stress. Take one step at as time. We have two years which is a good thing. First step is coming up with a budget so you can have a better grasp of what you can and cannot afford. I have a Pinterest wedding that looks totally different from my real wedding. LOL My FI and I agreed that we will not go into debt for our wedding. You will be just fine.

• 3 weeks later...