Photo

Wedding Website Advice/registry

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hunnyke

hunnyke
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:56 PM

I would really like to hear everyones advice on wedding websites and honeymoon registry's. Are these tacky or a good thing to have. I have been debating whether to do the website and if I do, do you all have any suggestion for who I can use. As far as the honeymoon registry goes, I don't know if this is ridiculous to ask for someone to give you money to help pay for your honeymoon. I would really like to hear other peoples feedback on these things and who they are using for this. Thank you.

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:07 PM

Use the search tool on the upper right hand side. There is great info about websites. There are also threads about doing honeymoon registries.

I used weddingannouncer.com. I really like it & it was free. There are some that are better, but you will have to pay for them.

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:07 PM

http://bestdestinati....g-website.html

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:09 PM

http://bestdestinati....y-yeh-nah.html

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:17 PM

i didn't do the honeymoon registry, but i think it's a great option for some people who don't want/need gifts of "stuff" - like for people that already have an estaiblished home or something.

as for the wedding website - i could take it or leave it. i don't think that many people used the one we set up. we didn't spend a ton of time on it, so it wasn't a big deal, but it wasn't used as much as i thought it would be.

#6 Heidi

Heidi
            • 2,642 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:23 PM

we have our website through weddingchannel.com - it's FREE! that's all we were looking for.
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:37 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by akh
                i didn't do the honeymoon registry, but i think it's a great option for some people who don't want/need gifts of "stuff" - like for people that already have an estaiblished home or something.

as for the wedding website - i could take it or leave it. i don't think that many people used the one we set up. we didn't spend a ton of time on it, so it wasn't a big deal, but it wasn't used as much as i thought it would be.
                Maybe it just depends on your friends & family. I have a lot of friends who use the internet a lot. Mine has 261 hits already. I am finding it really useful for keeping everyone informed of trip prices. It's also a great place to list registries, travel tips, etc. I don't want to make really detailed invitations.

My save the dates didn't have a lot of info on them, but the had the web address. I got a lot of hits after those went out.

I think there are plenty of great free sites out there so if you are unsure if your site will get many hits might as well make a free one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users