I ended up with an awesome deal from VistaPrint and ended up with 100 magnets for like $40 and they arrived in 4 days even though I paid for standard shipping! It was very simple to upload our photo and add the text. I sent STD cards (there is a thread with pics of them under "Sarah C's STD's) with the magnets inside. I have gotten tons of compliments on my magnets and people have told me how convenient it is to have that on their fridge to remember our website.

Of the magnets you posted, I like the heart in the sand the best.

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
Ok, I want your honest opinions. When shopping for STDs I ran across the STD Magnet. Here are some examples -

1) http://www.magnetstreet.com/store/de...productId/8845
2) http://www.polkadotdesign.com/catalo...rt/CMH-68WT-29
3) http://islandweddingshop.resultspage...=save+the+date
4) http://www.magnetstreet.com/store/br...5051/typeId/-1

What do you think? Part me me thinks these are kinda cute, different, and people can just put them on their 'fridge as a reminder. The other part of me thinks they're pretty cheesy. There are obviously many options for styles, but what do y'all think of the general idea? Be honest!!
Magnets are great for all the reasos the other girls allready stated. What are your wedding colors? Maybe you could try to tie the colors together with your STD or Wedding invite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHARIDER View Post
I ended up with an awesome deal from VistaPrint and ended up with 100 magnets for like $40 and they arrived in 4 days even though I paid for standard shipping! It was very simple to upload our photo and add the text. I sent STD cards (there is a thread with pics of them under "Sarah C's STD's) with the magnets inside. I have gotten tons of compliments on my magnets and people have told me how convenient it is to have that on their fridge to remember our website.
Of the magnets you posted, I like the heart in the sand the best.
Click the image to open in full size.
Sarah those are gorgeous. What a great picture.

QUESTION: How much more expensive it it to send these magnets out? They must be heavier than a regular invite. How many stamps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
Tammy - yet another great idea. I am going to check this out - but I don't have a creative bone in my body!
check it out...they have styles already made and will just customize it for you.

Perfect - if I have something to start from, I can make that work.

As for wedding colors, I am glad someone started that thread. I love the ideas of blues and greens, but I wanted more "subtle" colors for the ceremony. This sounds like what you did, Tammy. I want the reception to be more festive, and have brighter colors - but didn't want a ton of distractions for the ceremony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryjaxs19 View Post
Sarah those are gorgeous. What a great picture.

QUESTION: How much more expensive it it to send these magnets out? They must be heavier than a regular invite. How many stamps?
Jackie- I don't know how much more they would cost, but I don't think very much. They are like 2x3 inches, and I just tucked them inside my STD card. Most likely if you put them inside a regular card you could still get away with one stamp. I was sending out a big bundle of stuff and it cost about $4 each. I sent a card, a picture frame, and the magnet- see the link below:
http://www.bestdestinationwedding.co...=Sarah+STD%27s

Quote:
Originally Posted by host View Post
one more thing..have you thought of getting your own monogram and putting that on the STD...sarah made a cute on from Creative Montage

Here's the link to the thread with my monograms:
http://www.bestdestinationwedding.co...ight=monograms

By the way Tammy- I always go to her website to check out what she's making for other people and I saw your awesome monograms! They turned out great!

thanks sarah...really simple...i could have done something similiar but it wouldnt have looked so polished and i would've taken me hours so not worth my time...

I went with magnet street and they turned out really cute. I signed up for their e-mail list and they send out a 10% discount every month or so. Every little bit helps.