Sign in to follow this  
AnaSteele58

Whose name should appear first?

Does it even matter whose name appears first on your wedding website, monogram, labels, etc.  My family is giving me a hard time and believes his name should be first.  What are you doing?

That's old school...lol...whatever sounds better is my opinion! I did mine first :-)

Originally Posted by Lydia1120 View Post

That's old school...lol...whatever sounds better is my opinion! I did mine first :-)

Haha!  That's what I said!  It's my grandmother who is spitting fire at me about this.  I think I will stick to my original plan and leave my name first. 

Typically the brides' name goes first and then the grooms.

And if it's a same sex couple, it's listed alphabetically so depending on the last names, that is who goes first.

• Like 1

Originally Posted by mscheryl10 View Post

Did your FI have an opinion on this???? Just wondering, because I plan to have this discussion with mine.

He mentioned it and I said I liked the way it sounded better with my name first....then proceeded to say with a smile  "if you like, you can do all the prep work and I'll be happy to put your name first" to which he responded...."your name first works for me", lol...he's easy going

On traditional wedding stationary, I believe the bride's name goes first.

To invitees, you put the man's name first. For example:

To Mr. John Smith and Jane Doe

OR

To Mr. and Mrs. John Smith.

That is very traditional, though. I put his name first on some things, and mine first on others. It just depended on what it was and the way it all looked.

Did your FI have an opinion on this???? Just wondering, because I plan to have this discussion with mine.
We did and he said it didn't matter. We are aware that traditionally speaking his name appears first on other things. I thought (as mentioned above) the bride's name is first on wedding related stationary.