Sarah's Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Jamaica Planning Journal

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 sarahandjake13

sarahandjake13
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Hello everyone

I finally decided to start my own planning thread.  I will try to be as detailed as possible.

My fiance and I are super excited about getting married in Jamaica.  He proposed on February 16th, 2013, and we instantly knew that we wanted a destination wedding.  We stayed at the Iberostar Grand in May, 2012, and had an amazing time.  We knew that we would be happy, and so would our guests.  The one thing we are doing differently is holding our ceremony off-resort at a nearby private beach (arranged through a wedding coordinator in Jamaica).  We both wanted our ceremony to be private and exclusive, so we're very happy about this choice.  

I will start off with our invitations.  Luckily, my FI has a close family friend that owns a printing company, therefore we came up with a simple but tropical design very quickly.  Our invitations were made in 5 days. I was very happy on how they turned out.  I will try to take a picture of the finished product, but just to give you an idea, the main wording was square with a pocket on the back, then the Destination Info and Reply card were tucked in the back. 

#2 sarahandjake13

sarahandjake13
    • 54 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

I have decided to have my wedding gown made.  I fell in love with 2 dresses, but both were WAY too much $$$, so I looked into an amazing wedding dressmaker and she is making the dress of my dreams :)  It's a combination of the 2 dresses of the pictures below.  I'm having it made in Ivory, raw silk.  I've been for my first meeting for measurements and mock fitting, and my second fitting is in June. I can't wait!!

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

#3 sarahandjake13

sarahandjake13
      • 54 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

We are having our ceremony on a private beach location about 15 minutes from the Iberostar.  We have arranged return travel for all our guests.  Our ceremony will start at 3PM, then we are having a mini-reception with a signature cocktail and fruit platter.  Below are some pictures of how the ceremony site will be arranged.  We are going with the bamboo and tulle archway, and the white wooden folding chairs with orange ties.

I also LOVE these starfish for the chairs.  I may make this a DIY project.

#4 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
        • 381 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Very clean and crisp. Looks good!

#5 eq123

eq123
          • 34 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

They are lovely, really like the RSVP wording

#6 sarahandjake13

sarahandjake13
            • 54 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 

Very clean and crisp. Looks good!

Thank you!!!!  We were definitely going for a clean and crisp feel, I'm really happy that they come across that way.

#7 sarahandjake13

sarahandjake13
              • 54 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by eq123 

They are lovely, really like the RSVP wording

Thanks!!!  I had a couple late nights searching through hundreds of examples online.  I sort of took bits and pieces of things I found, and put them together.

#8 sarahandjake13

sarahandjake13
                • 54 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Here's a few pictures of hair idea's that I like..

#9 sarahandjake13

sarahandjake13
                  • 54 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

I found this picture of the suit I would love my FI to wear!  I really love the colour.

#10 sarahandjake13

sarahandjake13
                    • 54 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

We booked Merrick Cousley for our photographer, and we can't wait to work with him.  He has been a pleasure to deal with through email, and his work looks amazing.

http://www.merrickcousley.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users