Photo

Private wedding venue at the MR

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 albertalou

albertalou
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I recently got engage, and as we and his family live in Alberta and my family is from Quebec, we are planning a destination wedding in the Mayan Riviera for April 2014. We thinking we might be a group of 50-60... We are thinking of booking the rooms at the Barcelo, but do not like the idea of a wedding on a beach with strangers looking at us!! We are then looking for an other private venue to have the celebration, the supper and the dance. We are also looking to buy a house next year, so we do not want to spend big money. We are pretty simple people and really just want to have some good time with our guests. Anyone had a good experience at a private venue for a good price? Thanks ahead! :)

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Welcome to the forum albertalou, and Congrats!!! on your engagement and upcoming destination wedding in our gorgeous Mayan Riviera!!!

The Barcelo has a Pavillion which is more private than a wedding on the beach, and still gives you that amazing panorama of the ocean as your view - awesome!!!

Here's what I'm talking about........with more at an album link here.........*

Wishing you all the best with your planning process and that you have the Perfect Wedding of your Dreams!!! Enjoy :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 Ceelou

Ceelou
      • 43 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Bonjour de Montreal!

We also were really set on a private venue and chose Blue Venado Beach Club.

It's totally private and really beautiful.

You can see my review here: http://www.bestdesti...ub/reviews/6650

And you can find more pictures in my other reviews!

Good luck!

#4 Yazmin De La Mora

Yazmin De La Mora
        • Vendor
        • 336 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by albertalou 

Hi everyone!

My boyfriend and I recently got engage, and as we and his family live in Alberta and my family is from Quebec, we are planning a destination wedding in the Mayan Riviera for April 2014. We thinking we might be a group of 50-60...

We are thinking of booking the rooms at the Barcelo, but do not like the idea of a wedding on a beach with strangers looking at us!!

We are then looking for an other private venue to have the celebration, the supper and the dance. We are also looking to buy a house next year, so we do not want to spend big money. We are pretty simple people and really just want to have some good time with our guests.

Anyone had a good experience at a private venue for a good price?

Thanks ahead! :)

Hello albertalou,

There are lots of venues in the mayan riviera, it really depends on the budget you would like to spend you can have private properties such villas or locations starting from 3,500 usd. aprox. small hotels that can become private or semi private such beach clubs were you do not have to pay for a site fee.   There are also some all inclusive hotels that can offer very private locations without having to pay a site fee.

Beach clubs are affordable and as Ceelou says Blue Venado can be a great option since is one of the less expensive ones.

Happy planning!

#5 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
          • 603 posts
            • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by albertalou 

Hi everyone!

My boyfriend and I recently got engage, and as we and his family live in Alberta and my family is from Quebec, we are planning a destination wedding in the Mayan Riviera for April 2014. We thinking we might be a group of 50-60...

We are thinking of booking the rooms at the Barcelo, but do not like the idea of a wedding on a beach with strangers looking at us!!

We are then looking for an other private venue to have the celebration, the supper and the dance. We are also looking to buy a house next year, so we do not want to spend big money. We are pretty simple people and really just want to have some good time with our guests.

Anyone had a good experience at a private venue for a good price?

Thanks ahead! :)

Hey Albertalou!

Welcome to the forum and Congrats on your engagement, Mayan Riviera is a gorgeous area. and offers wide range of Off resort locations,  if you like i can send you the whole list that that offers privacy together with all the general information there is to know about each one.

you can send me an email to: weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com 

Feel free to ask us anything and we will be happy to help.

Happy Planning!

Joyce

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
            weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
            http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
            Joyce

#6 Chelle Shoe

Chelle Shoe
            • 18 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'm in the process of looking for the same thing. I want an adult only all inclusive which also has a semi private beach areato get married. We only have 4 people coming so very intimate.

#7 Yazmin De La Mora

Yazmin De La Mora
              • Vendor
              • 336 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Chelle Shoe 

I'm in the process of looking for the same thing. I want an adult only all inclusive which also has a semi private beach areato get married. We only have 4 people coming so very intimate.

Hi Chelle Shoe,

Look for the Secrets Maroma, I loved that hotel and has the most beautiful beach!

Happy planning!

#8 kassieta

kassieta
                • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hello everyone,

I just recently got engaged and am also looking for a private beach ceremony location somewhere in the Caribbean. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kasey

#9 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
                  • 599 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by kassieta 

Hello everyone,

I just recently got engaged and am also looking for a private beach ceremony location somewhere in the Caribbean. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kasey

I too, am looking for a more private location than most of the resorts can offer.  Might I suggest St. Lucia or Turks and Caicos?  St. Lucia was at the top of my list, but budget concerns made Riviera Maya a great compromise! If you want a little more bang for your buck, you could investigate some options in Jamaica.  Happy hunting!

#10 weddingsinplaya

weddingsinplaya
                    • Vendor
                    • 68 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Hello all,

What about a non resort venue? With all the great boutique hotels, condos and villas in the Riviera Maya, there are so many options for accommodations and then you can plan a totally private wedding at a venue that will cater to only you!

We specialize in unique and off resort weddings, you can see many of our non resort weddings on our blog:

www.weddingsinplaya.com

It's the best way to go for totally private ;)

~ Erica and Maria, weddingsinplaya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users