Jump to content

Photo

Majestic Colonial 2014


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Tonia Bruyns

Tonia Bruyns
  • Newbie
  • 105 posts

    Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

    Originally Posted by SammyAnna 

    Yes Tonia, I had the same issue. You pretty much have to wait at least 1 year-10 mths prior to travel to get accurate pricing. It sux because brides are so excited to get the ball rolling lol best of luck :)

    lol I hear ya! It's so new and exciting! and there are really so many things to figure out! I feel with the destination wedding, I'm figuring out the small details (decorations, reception ideas and so on) before the really big one of when and where we are going based on price. I feel it should be the other way around haha. I think we are just going to decide on the MC and January and hope that the prices don't become ridiculous.. when I looked online for January 2014, they were around what we wanted our guests to spend... here's to hoping they don't go up!

     

    For your STDs did you put the exact date for your wedding without being about to actually book that specific day with the resort? I'm planning on sending them out next month to give our guests enough heads up to save... but I can't book until January 2014.. should I put our desired date and hope we can get something on that date or can I generalize and put simply "January 2015"?



    #22 SammyAnna

    SammyAnna
    • Jr. Member
    • 160 posts

      Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

      I would generalize the STD to January 2014 because alot of things change. It all depends on if your having a civil vs. symbolic wedding (if its civil, you have to wait for the judges schedule to open up, which takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r & your kinda at his mercy lol), then its availability of site (beach/chapel/garden gazebo), your schedule, your vip guests' schedule, etc. I would advise you to send out STD as soon as possible but on it you should direct guests to your wedding website to be updated on recent events.  I also have a facebook group set up so everyone can see/update info in real-time. Most of my group uses FB more than checking a website all the time.

      MC prices are rising all the time because it is quickly becoming one of the hottest resorts for weddings. My TA was shocked the prices rose so much from last years price to when the tour operaators schedule opened for 2014.  It has since risen again. Keep an eye on when their schedules open & when they do... run, don't walk, to book your group.  In the meantime, check out the best perks offered by certain tour operators (ie: if they will price match another quote; discounts on excursions/spa; cancellation policies, etc) That way, when it comes time to book you will do so armed with much info. I have learned alot since I booked & if I had my time back I would've done it very differently. Hope this helps Cheers! 



      #23 Tonia Bruyns

      Tonia Bruyns
      • Newbie
      • 105 posts

        Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

        Originally Posted by SammyAnna 

        I would generalize the STD to January 2014 because alot of things change. It all depends on if your having a civil vs. symbolic wedding (if its civil, you have to wait for the judges schedule to open up, which takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r & your kinda at his mercy lol), then its availability of site (beach/chapel/garden gazebo), your schedule, your vip guests' schedule, etc. I would advise you to send out STD as soon as possible but on it you should direct guests to your wedding website to be updated on recent events.  I also have a facebook group set up so everyone can see/update info in real-time. Most of my group uses FB more than checking a website all the time.

        MC prices are rising all the time because it is quickly becoming one of the hottest resorts for weddings. My TA was shocked the prices rose so much from last years price to when the tour operaators schedule opened for 2014.  It has since risen again. Keep an eye on when their schedules open & when they do... run, don't walk, to book your group.  In the meantime, check out the best perks offered by certain tour operators (ie: if they will price match another quote; discounts on excursions/spa; cancellation policies, etc) That way, when it comes time to book you will do so armed with much info. I have learned alot since I booked & if I had my time back I would've done it very differently. Hope this helps Cheers! 

        thanks so much for the heads up! I will be sure to get in contact with the MC first thing in January to get that figured out and get the travel agent things sorted ASAP. I went back and read, you are doing a city hall marriage at home first? I was contemplating doing that but I am nervous a lot of my family will realize that it isn't a real ceremony and will be upset that they went there for a wedding and we were technically already married... was your WC helpful when it came to making your symbolic ceremony mimic a real one closely enough so that your guests really wouldn't know?



        #24 SammyAnna

        SammyAnna
        • Jr. Member
        • 160 posts

          Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

          thanks so much for the heads up! I will be sure to get in contact with the MC first thing in January to get that figured out and get the travel agent things sorted ASAP. I went back and read, you are doing a city hall marriage at home first? I was contemplating doing that but I am nervous a lot of my family will realize that it isn't a real ceremony and will be upset that they went there for a wedding and we were technically already married... was your WC helpful when it came to making your symbolic ceremony mimic a real one closely enough so that your guests really wouldn't know?

          Don't tell anyone & let your wc know that it's secret. You can ask her to create a paper for you guys to sign to make it look official or some girls on here have photocopied their real marriage certificate (with dates & names cleared) & signed that at the ceremony. From what other brides tell me, nobody knows the difference!

          #25 SammyAnna

          SammyAnna
          • Jr. Member
          • 160 posts

            Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

            My FI parents would FREAK if they knew so I am banking on the resorts discretion! Lol

            #26 Tonia Bruyns

            Tonia Bruyns
            • Newbie
            • 105 posts

              Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

              Originally Posted by SammyAnna 

              My FI parents would FREAK if they knew so I am banking on the resorts discretion! Lol

               lol yeah... I just don't know how some of family members would react if they knew. Good to know that it is possible :)

               

              GAH! We went to see a travel agent last night. She had emailed the groups department about the MC for January 2015 for potential prices... waaaaaaay more than I was expecting.. it wasn't including the early booking bonus because it was still too early for that, but even with the possible 300-350 discount... AH. She is going to look into the prices for December 2014 and see if they are much different.. but I am now really worried that this place is out of the price range we were comfortable with our guests spending :( mega boo.



              #27 SammyAnna

              SammyAnna
              • Jr. Member
              • 160 posts

                Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:09 AM

                We are paying $1682 direct from NL in march/14- that's with the early booking bonus. Now it is $2183! That's the lowest I've seen so far :( apparently, MC just put their prices up last month again.

                #28 Tonia Bruyns

                Tonia Bruyns
                • Newbie
                • 105 posts

                  Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:17 AM

                  that's soooooo frustrating! Ryan has said it may just have to be our Honeymoon resort :( poop.



                  #29 SammyAnna

                  SammyAnna
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 160 posts

                    Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

                    Yes it def sux :( love the poop comment, actually made me laugh out loud when I read it.

                    #30 Tonia Bruyns

                    Tonia Bruyns
                    • Newbie
                    • 105 posts

                      Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

                      Originally Posted by SammyAnna 

                      Yes it def sux love the poop comment, actually made me laugh out loud when I read it.

                      haha I'm glad. Well all I can do is hope that maybe she can find better prices, but there are so many beautiful places we were thinking about. And my biggest concern is not making it a burden on my parents who aren't really in the position to spend a lot of money. I'm sure it will be beautiful wherever we go :)






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users