Sign in to follow this  
SinDLou

Majestic Colonial 2014

MC-Colonial....I found the same thing in waiting for judge schedule to open. I tried for a civil ceremony (for March 2014) & waited for a judge reply (via WC) since Jan.  We have since decided to marry at home (Canada) secretly then a symbolic one in MC. We immediately got booked and we were off & running. It took a bit of convincing the FI but the symbolic ceremony can mimic a civil one so closely that nobody will know & it will still feel. The marriage at home is just a formality, sign papers & done. No kiss or rings. Best decision thus far... besides the man, of course! lol

MC-Colonial....I found the same thing in waiting for judge schedule to open. I tried for a civil ceremony (for March 2014) & waited for a judge reply (via WC) since Jan.  We have since decided to marry at home (Canada) secretly then a symbolic one in MC. We immediately got booked and we were off & running. It took a bit of convincing the FI but the symbolic ceremony can mimic a civil one so closely that nobody will know & it will still feel. The marriage at home is just a formality, sign papers & done. No kiss or rings. Best decision thus far... besides the man, of course! lol
Hi SammyAnna! I finally had my confirmation from the civil judge last week for April 2 2014!!! I was so excited!! My travel agent is now looking for quotes! I hope it won't be too pricey... :S You're lucky to have yours at 1682... I hope mine will be around that price!

Hi SammyAnna! I finally had my confirmation from the civil judge last week for April 2 2014!!! I was so excited!! My travel agent is now looking for quotes! I hope it won't be too pricey... :S You're lucky to have yours at 1682... I hope mine will be around that price!

Hey Ladies,

I was just proposed to last week and we are already trying to figure out the details for our destination wedding. We fell in love with the Majestic Colonial but like everyone else, I am nervous about prices... We are planning to get married in September 2014 and we have been quoted at around $1400 a person (just for the regular rooms). I thought this was high for a sort of off-season, but I am not sure. I am wondering if any of you have heard of any unlisted costs or rules/regulations about having your wedding at the Majestic? I want to get the resort and costs figured out as soon as possible to give our family and friends as much time as possible to save! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by SammyAnna View Post

I've been thinking about the secret ceremony here at home as well.. there seems to be a lot that needs to be done in order to make the wedding happen there. My concern is that if people find out or if the symbolic ceremony is noticably different than the real ceremony, guests won't be too impressed that they think they are there for my wedding while I am already married... Woud you still pay the same price as the symbolic ceremony with it mimicing so closely to a real ceremony?

Originally Posted by SammyAnna View Post

Tonia, did you get your price secured after?

No, unfortunately it is still too early to get set in stone prices for really anything... I emaled the Majestic Colonial and they told me to email back at the beginning of 2014 because they will have the prices for 2015 then. For flights we are going to see a travel agent soon, but realistically prices don't usually come out until 11 months before the fly date. So much waiting! lol I just want everything to be organized!

Yes Tonia, I had the same issue. You pretty much have to wait at least 1 year-10 mths prior to travel to get accurate pricing. It sux because brides are so excited to get the ball rolling lol best of luck :)