Canadian Newbie!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sandygreene

sandygreene
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:27 PM

Hi All,

I just got engaged a few weeks ago and Todd and I have decided upon a destination wedding. After seeing my friends plan local weddings, I wouldn't do it any other way! However, picking a resort could be my downfall! There are soooo many. We're trying to keep costs down so more of our friends can afford to go (most of them are at the kid stage, so money's tight), which severely limits our choices. Probably Cuba or DR. I haven't heard much about Cuba yet (probably because most of you are American! Lol!) but I've read some very good reviews of Punta Cana on other wedding sites. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I've been on some of your websites and they're great! Where can I set one up?

Cheers and good luck with your planning!

Sandy

#2 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:46 PM

Welcome! have you looked into anywhere in mexico? there are tons of different size & price resorts, if you go to the forum on mexico locations you'll find tons of info there. I don't know very much about cuba or the dominican, sorry.

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:02 PM

welcome to the forum!!

we dont have much info on cuba (YET!) but we do have alot of info on Punta Cana...if you go down to that forum/folder there are a bunch of accomodations with pics.

my favs are aventura spa palace and majestic colonial BUT i have read of the majest having some problems...

here are some DR reosrts: http://bestdestinati....splay.php?f=33

please let us know how we can help!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 EDYTA

EDYTA
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:35 PM

Hey Sandy, Congrats and welcome to the forum it's nice to have another Canadian on here...if your trying to keep your costs down I would recommend either Punta Cana such as the Bavaro Princess, my fiance and I stayed there in August (it wasn't luxurious but very nice)...

you should also check out Puerto Vallarta, Mexico...we stayed at the Riu Jalisico in May and really enjoyed it (PV has amazing sunsets, great for wedding pics)...both of these places I very reasonable in prices especially if you're going in May that's considered low season for Canadian travellers therefore you will find great prices....we paid $1000 for flight, hotel, transfer from and to the airport and all inclusive food and drinks

there are so many other great places, if you need extra help or advice feel free to ask

#5 Jennifer

Jennifer
        • 218 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 02:08 AM

Welcome Sandy!

#6 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 05:45 PM

Welcome to the forum Sandy! Good luck with your plans :)

#7 gkashmira

gkashmira
            • 1,962 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 05:48 PM

Cuba would be so cool! I am jealous!
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#8 Jackie

Jackie
              • 2,290 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:59 AM

Welcome and good luck with your planning.
                My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#9 sandygreene

sandygreene
                • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:33 PM

Thanks Everyone!

Edyta - When you stayed at the Riu Jalisco - did the rooms smell?? All the tripadvisor.com people say the rooms smell! Lol!

#10 EDYTA

EDYTA
                  • 1,277 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 01:08 AM

Sandy, lol no our rooms didn't smell at all..we were on one of the top floors right in the middle of the building it was great. gReat view, nice balcony it was an awesome vacation...I think a lot of people are just too picky and dont know what the tropics smell like... I can post some pics for you if you like of the resort and the room

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users