Photo

50 shades...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 aleedoc17

aleedoc17
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

i can't wait for the movie!!! (although, i think it's going to be different from the books, but so is pretty little liars & i think the series is better then the books!)

#22 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
    • 143 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

Yeah I cant wait for the movie..I am such a sucker! I heard that about PLL, did you read all the PLL books?

#23 aleedoc17

aleedoc17
      • 178 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Yeah I cant wait for the movie..I am such a sucker! I heard that about PLL, did you read all the PLL books?

I have read about 5 books. you?

#24 Peach

Peach
        • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

As to your original question, I have NOT read the books. I probably will, eventually, but I have read excerpts and... meh.

I read a lot, but I do read poorly-written books too (which this one is) just for fun (like, light summery reads).  But there are lots of other "romance" and "erotica" books out there better written.

The subject matter does not bother me at all... Like I told a friend of mine, when she lent me the books.... some of this stuff sounds like, well, a Tuesday. Too much info I am sure, but I guess I am saying that it depends on the audience. For me, they are not well-written, and are not really serving to give information or open our minds to new experiences, so, well... meh.

A lot of my friends have read them, and pretty much said the same thing. They were fine, for entertainment, but just fine.

Plus, I have a hard time getting over the fact that they started as "Twilight" fanfiction. Bleh.

And I do read and watch non-intellectual TV, books, movies... more often than not. I just really do not feel like I would get anything out of these particular books. I don't know, maybe I am wrong? Is there something I am missing?

#25 aleedoc17

aleedoc17
          • 178 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Peach 

As to your original question, I have NOT read the books. I probably will, eventually, but I have read excerpts and... meh.

I read a lot, but I do read poorly-written books too (which this one is) just for fun (like, light summery reads).  But there are lots of other "romance" and "erotica" books out there better written.

The subject matter does not bother me at all... Like I told a friend of mine, when she lent me the books.... some of this stuff sounds like, well, a Tuesday. Too much info I am sure, but I guess I am saying that it depends on the audience. For me, they are not well-written, and are not really serving to give information or open our minds to new experiences, so, well... meh.

A lot of my friends have read them, and pretty much said the same thing. They were fine, for entertainment, but just fine.

Plus, I have a hard time getting over the fact that they started as "Twilight" fanfiction. Bleh.

And I do read and watch non-intellectual TV, books, movies... more often than not. I just really do not feel like I would get anything out of these particular books. I don't know, maybe I am wrong? Is there something I am missing?

It took me this long to read them & although I'm not a reader, I couldn't put the book down, for the most part. Maybe it's because I'm 4 months away from my wedding, maybe because we just bought a house & we're on our own, whatever the reason, it made me think that those about to be married should read it.. I wouldn't say this is a poorly written book or a great one.. I do think it's one to read (whether it's because everyone else is reading it, to see what the hype is about, the read about crazy sexual people, to know that someone out there has that sexual drive, I don't know)

I'm not a huge Twilight fan & honestly, I think these both go back to Grey's Anatomy, same town. "Big people" "big drama" it's like any other conflict with soap operas, but people still love them! I guess it's just a personal preference!

#26 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
            • 143 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

I havent read PLL but I finally am all caught up!!

#27 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
              • 143 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

I havent read PLL but I finally am all caught up!!

#28 m8chow

m8chow
                • 255 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 29, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
                • LocationMexico

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

On book 3 now... I think I like this one the most. I'm not sure this series was for me but I'm a sucker for a series and have to finish what I've started. :D

#29 Raquelita0715

Raquelita0715
                • 189 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 1, 2015
                • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

I actually read all three on vacation two years ago in Huatulco. Yes they were that good that I read them all! Even my sister in law who is very uptight loved them all. I personally think them booking Jax from SOA to play Christian was an unexpected good choice!

#30 Jenn963

Jenn963
                • 200 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

read all 3 and was sooooo hooked!! I cannot wait till the movie comes out next summer!!! Disappointed in the actors they chose but meh....lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users