Photo

E STD's?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lilpbc

lilpbc
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Has anyone done evite STD's? I'm thinking of going this route to stay in budget. I figure the STD's are informal so an evite would be fine. If I do I was looking forward to adding some youtube videos of the resort and other miscellaneous information. If you have please share your experience. Thanks!
    Supplies for Weddings, Parties, and Events: https://www.etsy.com/shop/pbcsupplies

#2 elissae

elissae
    • 631 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
    • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

I did!  It was very successful & saved us on postage!!!

We used a starfish evite & stated the following:

SAVE THE DATE/WEEK - DESTINATION WEDDING

• Elissa & Bill
    • Tuesday, April 2 at 4:00 PM
    • Riu Palace Riviera Maya
      Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

SAVE THE DATE - SAVE THE WEEK!

Pack your bags...we are going to Mexico!!

We are getting married in sunny, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013! We'd love for you to please come vacation & celebrate with us!
      We hope that you will be able to join us for a week in paradise from Saturday, March 30 - Saturday, April 6, 2013, but please feel free to shorten or lengthen your trip as you desire!

A formal invitation coming your way soon.

For more wedding and travel information, please visit our website at www.weddingwire.com/xxxxxxxxxx

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#3 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

We did ours via email. I think going the electronic route is a great budget saver!!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#4 lilpbc

lilpbc
    • 49 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

thank you ladies! I'm positive I'm going the evite STD route then will send out formal invites afterwards. Majority of our guests are tech savvy so it's not a bothersome. As for the parents they actually wouldn't mind at all. They prefer word of mouth and usually don't care about the paper STD. I figure this would help us in our budget. I read on here that mywedding.com has e-std's so I will look into this and go this route. Thanks!
      Supplies for Weddings, Parties, and Events: https://www.etsy.com/shop/pbcsupplies

#5 SwissWedding

SwissWedding
      • 9 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 1, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Switzerland
      • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:15 AM

E STDs sounds like a great idea!  It sounds practical and informative, which I like, but I don't want the guests to feel like I am skimping on them.  How do guests react?

#6 beckys98

beckys98
      • 543 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:40 AM

Hi @SwissWedding - We did e-STDs but we don't really have anyone on our guest list who isn't online except my grandma. It was important to be able to link to our website where all the travel and resort information is. We used appycouple.com for the wedding site because there is a smartphone app as well as the website. People are actually using the app and pretty much everyone viewed the site, so I'd say it worked well! No negative feedback.

E STDs sounds like a great idea!  It sounds practical and informative, which I like, but I don't want the guests to feel like I am skimping on them.  How do guests react?

#7 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
      • 4,506 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

In today's day and age people wouldn't even think twice about it!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#8 SwissWedding

SwissWedding
      • 9 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 1, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Switzerland
      • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

Thanks, ladies!  I am so happy to hear the positive feedback!  I am going to go ahead with E STDs!  Thanks!

Is there a template you used for e std?

#9 beckys98

beckys98
      • 543 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

www.paperlesspost.com or www.celebrations.com are good sites to check out - You can send it so it has a little animation when the person opens their email that looks like they are opening and envelope. We ended up using celebrations.com. It is great because I can see who opened the email. There are a few people who didn't and I was able to figure out that we had their email address wrong! We didn't want anyone to miss it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users