OOT Bags - Need Help on the Kits

Hello Ladies,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out some of the kits that everyone else seems to put in their OOT bags.

1.... what is the purpose of packaging the items inside a clear plastic bag? Is this an airline requirement??

2....then of course, where do you get the clear bags and the toppers? Are the toppers cardstock paper, or something more like cardboard?

3....what kinds of kits is everyone including? I've seen the survival kits, snack kits, oh sh!t kits...any others I'm missing?

If anyone has some templates they could pass along, I would greatly appreciate it...I haven't been able to accumulate the 150 posts since I almost a year ago..I read more than post I guess. Emails are appreciated! silla.feliz@gmail.com

Thanks!

SillaFeliz

Hello Ladies, I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out some of the kits that everyone else seems to put in their OOT bags. 1.... what is the purpose of packaging the items inside a clear plastic bag? Is this an airline requirement?? 2....then of course, where do you get the clear bags and the toppers? Are the toppers cardstock paper, or something more like cardboard? 3....what kinds of kits is everyone including? I've seen the survival kits, snack kits, oh sh!t kits...any others I'm missing? If anyone has some templates they could pass along, I would greatly appreciate it...I haven't been able to accumulate the 150 posts since I almost a year ago..I read more than post I guess. Emails are appreciated! silla.feliz@gmail.com Thanks! SillaFeliz
1) seeing as how these items go into checked luggage it is not an airline requirement to have them in the plastic bags rather then just making it easier and neater instead of having all the items just put into the tote bag loosely. 2) you can get Avery brand bags that come with the toppers from staples, but I think they are pretty small depending on how much stuff you want to put in them. Alot of brides just use generic ziplock bags from the dollar tree/dollarama, just look for ones that don't have anything on them, I've also seen bio hazard bags used which I think were picked up from either a hospital or doctors office. The choice is yours if you want to use cardstock of regular paper for the topper. I think using a lighter weight cardstock is best as it will hold up better than regular printer paper. 3) I'm definately doing a survival kit, not sure about an oh sh!t kit, it will depend on how much I can fit into the survival kit, if I have an over flow of items then ill do the 2 bags and just try to separate the contents accordingly to the theme. I do want to do a snack kit because I'm not staying at an all inclusive resort but this will be decided last minute depending on how much room we have left to pack. No templates yet for me as I haven't started designing them yet, but get creative!!! They really are simple if you have publisher or a similar program

Originally Posted by sillafeliz View Post

Hello Ladies,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out some of the kits that everyone else seems to put in their OOT bags.

1.... what is the purpose of packaging the items inside a clear plastic bag? Is this an airline requirement??

No airline requirement, just as Dazeydawl said, it's more or less to keep things organized in one place rather thna loosley in your OOT bag.  Also, I htink the clear bag is great because your guests can get a look inside as to what is in them.

2....then of course, where do you get the clear bags and the toppers? Are the toppers cardstock paper, or something more like cardboard?

I bought my clear plastic bags from the Dollar Tree,  They were 1 quart freezer bags.  $1.00 for a box of 20.  I made my own topper using a template from this website.

Here is mine:

I used white cardstock from Walmart - very inexpensive.

3....what kinds of kits is everyone including? I've seen the survival kits, snack kits, oh sh!t kits...any others I'm missing?

I only made Survival Kits - I did feel like going overkill since I had other items in the actual OOT bag.  The items I included were Kleenex, antibacterial gels, personalized lip balms, nail polish remover pads, Advil, safety pins, gum, nail file, Snapple & Crystal Light individual drink mixes for water bottles, Tide handwash detergent packet, shout out wipes, pepto-bismol chews, bandaids.

If anyone has some templates they could pass along, I would greatly appreciate it...I haven't been able to accumulate the 150 posts since I almost a year ago..I read more than post I guess. Emails are appreciated! silla.feliz@gmail.com

Thanks!

SillaFeliz

Freyer Fiesta Survival Kit.ppt

• Like 1

Originally Posted by sillafeliz View Post

Hello Ladies,

Thanks!

SillaFeliz

1. I definitely think it's just a cheap way to package things. No airline requirement that I know of!!

2. The dollarama or dollartree has the clear packages for really cheap. Nothing says you couldn't make nicer non transparent ones :)

3. I'm definitely doing the hangover kit..just add water :) I'll put advil and probably gravol or pepto/tums. I'm also putting aloe, lipbalm with SPF, bandaids, safety pins, etc in the just in case bag.

it's sort of a survival kit, but more for the night of/after the wedding

hangover kits:

•  propel or gatorade single packets where you add it to water
  • 2 pack of advil/tylenol
  • maybe a 2 pack of bepto.
  • maybe adding cheap sunglasses or those sleeping face eye things (if cheap enough) 

I need some help with the survival kit...the topper of the bag is going to say the saying "Too much booze, too much sun, too much food, too much fun" -- TOO CUTE! I love it :)

So, what I have done so far is this:

First Aid Kit

Tissues

Tums

Mouthwash

Floss Picks

Tide Sink Packets

Hand Sanitizer Wipes

Cream

Body Wash

Hand Sanitizer

Tylenol/Advil

Imodium

Safety Pins

SPF Lip Balm

For food we have the imodium and tums. As for booze, I have the advil/tylenol but no electrolytes - are they needed? So, I haven't really included anything for sun burn - just the lip balm....should we do Aloe too?

Question for you gals - when we burnt in mexico, we used aloe vera and it made our skin VERY tight feeling which was extremely painful - we ended up just using body lotion to hydrate and it helped much better than the aloe did. Anyone else had this experience?? We won't use aloe anymore, so I wasn't going to include it in our kits....Thoughts?

they have aloe vera LOTION *but may be a little bit more, but maybe buying bulk & distributing into bottles yourself is cheaper?*, we love using that!! however i'm still putting aloe in the bags, it was $1 at Target & it was tropical & cute, bright colors. Aloe is good before the burn, like before the RED burn.. you don't have to put it, because like my FI says, don't waste money on things you KNOW you're guests know they will bring or buy (sunscreen lotion & aloe) but I didn't listen (when do i ever listen to him?!)

PS- Just "food for thought" I would say you could get away without the electro lites but i think it's really a good idea.. & with the propel single packets you can get them for .10-.20 cents a packet at Walmart.. maybe even cheaper if in bulk (Big Lots, just watch expiration dates)

Thanks - I'm going to have to think about the aloe and propel. We have a target in town that will be opening in a week - I could always check there once its open....but walmart doesn't seem to have the small bottles of aloe...neither does the dollar stores....I guess I'll have to look around.

Originally Posted by aleedoc17 View Post

they have aloe vera LOTION *but may be a little bit more, but maybe buying bulk & distributing into bottles yourself is cheaper?*, we love using that!! however i'm still putting aloe in the bags, it was $1 at Target & it was tropical & cute, bright colors. Aloe is good before the burn, like before the RED burn.. you don't have to put it, because like my FI says, don't waste money on things you KNOW you're guests know they will bring or buy (sunscreen lotion & aloe) but I didn't listen (when do i ever listen to him?!)

PS- Just "food for thought" I would say you could get away without the electro lites but i think it's really a good idea.. & with the propel single packets you can get them for .10-.20 cents a packet at Walmart.. maybe even cheaper if in bulk (Big Lots, just watch expiration dates)

silly question.

how do you do that?

take what i said i "s & then reply to that.. is that what the "" multi is for? or the quote? or do i hit reply (wow, i really am new at this blogging stuff)

can you try to have them shipped, maybe call target & explain you don't have time for their new store? & see if they can ship them for free?! i can take a picture of what I got & you can show them if you're interested! just let me know what you need & i'll do my best to help you!

quote = puts what you want to reply directly to, into your reply message.

reply = puts it at the end of the thread

multi = never used it, but i'm assuming you can choose more than one post to 'quote'???

Originally Posted by aleedoc17 View Post

silly question.

how do you do that?

take what i said i "s & then reply to that.. is that what the "" multi is for? or the quote? or do i hit reply (wow, i really am new at this blogging stuff)

can you try to have them shipped, maybe call target & explain you don't have time for their new store? & see if they can ship them for free?! i can take a picture of what I got & you can show them if you're interested! just let me know what you need & i'll do my best to help you!