Photo

OFFICIAL El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

Hi Nicole,

I think ours were the middle of the day too (and really soon after our meeting with the onsite WC team - that was crappy planning!).

You can request different times and/or days, and if the spa can accomodate it, it should be ok. If the WC doesn't offer you a time or day you like, pick one that works best, for now, and then call the spa when you get there and ask to change it. My experience is things are a little more flexible once you are onsite.

You'll be offered either an indoor or outdoor massage - the only difference is location (inside the spa, or outside on the beach under the palapas). We did ours outside, and loved hearing the waves and having the breeze blow around us. It was super relaxing! My husband enjoyed it so much that he wants to do it again when we go back for our anniversary - and he's not much of a spa guy at all!

Originally Posted by nbateman 

Regarding the sky massage, is there another one offered like a regular massage? Our WC has offered sky massage appointment times of 1 or 2:30 pm which I find very odd since they're in the middle of the day.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Nicole

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#32 LMV2784

LMV2784
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

Does anyone have the current price list for the bridal hair style and make up and also the rehearsal hair & make up?

#33 SweetFire

SweetFire
    • Vendor
    • 330 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

Hey El Dorado Royale brides!

I wanted to share Lori's most recent wedding at EDR!  It came packed with interesting details and even a special guest!  Check out the complete shoot at

#34 AllieH

AllieH
      • 2,014 posts
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hi! Lomas current lists the prices for the bridal style & make up (wedding day) at $94 each.

They don't show the rehearsal prices; they were $49 each, and I'm not sure if they went up when they raised the wedding day prices. The wedding day prices went up $5, so it's probably safe to assume the rehearsal prices increased too. Lomas should be able to quote the most current pricing during the planning process. 

Hope that helps! 

Originally Posted by LMV2784 

Does anyone have the current price list for the bridal hair style and make up and also the rehearsal hair & make up?

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

#35 AllieH

AllieH
      • 2,014 posts
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

LOTS of updates and the thread is COMPLETE!!  

Post #14 - Wedding Reviews

Post #15 - Wedding Photos & Video Links

Post #16 - Resort Reviews

Post #17 - Bride Roll Call! Shoot me a PM with your user name, and wedding date and I'll add you to the list

Post #18 - Things I wish I would have known

#36 AllieH

AllieH
      • 2,014 posts
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

Updates! Updates! 

Lomas has recently updated their wedding planning pages.

Updated photography & video packages here. <-- click

Updated flower selections here. <--click

Happy Planning! 

#37 Jess Ashley KC

Jess Ashley KC
      • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

I am getting married January 18th at the El Dorado Royale and am looking for advice on photographers. I look at the approved vendors and don’t know how you are supposed to choose. Has anyone worked with any of these? Any good or bad reviews of them? Thanks

#38 AllieH

AllieH
        • 2,014 posts
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

Hi Jess,

I personally haven't worked with any of the photographers (we brought our own with us for our wedding). Several brides on the EDR thread (link in my signature) have used Sarani, and were very happy. I've also seen reviews from brides at other Rivera Maya resorts who were happy with Claudia Photo and Mexican Wedding Photography (and Mike from MWP is a member here at BDW). You may want to do a search on those particular photographers to see more examples of their work, and reviews.

Happy Planning!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jess Ashley KC 

I am getting married January 18th at the El Dorado Royale and am looking for advice on photographers. I look at the approved vendors and don’t know how you are supposed to choose. Has anyone worked with any of these? Any good or bad reviews of them? Thanks

#39 AllieH

AllieH
        • 2,014 posts
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

COMING SOON:

Memorable Moments Signature Wedding Collections by Karisma

As Karisma rolls out their new destination wedding packages, we'll update the information in this thread to the best of our ability (and available information).

To follow the unveiling on your own, click here: Memorable Moments by Karisma and on Facebook: Memorable Moments Signature Collections

#40 jnitschke

jnitschke
        • 251 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

Jess, I loved working with Sarani.  My photos were stunning.  The one thing I wished I had spent more money on was more time with her.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users