OFFICIAL El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread!

My WC told me I was not able to have a rehearsal at the resort.  How do I get her to let me have one?  Also, how long is in onsite meeting with the WC?  Are you able to request a time for this?  I saw that it is generally the day after your arrive, but I would prefer the day we do arrive since our guests are arriving the next morning.

Did you have charger plates at your wedding?  Are they necessary?  Never thought of them until this feed.

@@NickiLynn1116 - I'd suggest asking her again about the rehearsal and indicate that other brides have been able to arrange this ahead of time. And then ask when you have your meeting if your planning WC still says no.

You really don't have any control with the scheduling of the meeting with the onsite WC. You'll be given the time when you check in, and it will generally be in the afternoon the next day. I think it took 60-90 minutes. They will go through all of the details of your worksheet with you to confirm all of the events, table set up, take all of your decorations and things you brought with you, and go through details you haven't even thought of (where do you want the cake table? um, I don't care). 

What you can do is call to talk to the onsite WC when you arrive and ask to reschedule it either to that day, or a time that works better for you the following day. I can't imagine they wouldn't do their best to work with you. It's just easier to talk to them directly when you're onsite vs. pushing the offsite planning team. The WCs have an office in the main lobby on the Royale side (if you are in the Casitas, you'll be taken to their dedicated lobby and won't see the WC office). 

We didn't do chargers at all, and I didn't think they were necessary. We did a menu/thank you which was folded into the (white) napkins on the place settings - looked fantastic! I chose not to spend $$ on different place settings & glassware, just went with the standard. I brought my own table runners though for a pop of color. 

My WC told me I was not able to have a rehearsal at the resort.  How do I get her to let me have one?  Also, how long is in onsite meeting with the WC?  Are you able to request a time for this?  I saw that it is generally the day after your arrive, but I would prefer the day we do arrive since our guests are arriving the next morning.

Did you have charger plates at your wedding?  Are they necessary?  Never thought of them until this feed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So after talking to my photographer and friends, I really want to do airbrushed makeup!  I found out at this is the "Dior" package on the Lomas site, but has anyone done it at the resort?  It's really pricey ($250, $500 if you want a rehearsal), so it's giving me some hesitation as I thought this was going to be the one service I could get an outsider vendor for without a charge!

Also - How does this all work without a rehearsal?  I can just imagine it all being kind of a mess without one.  I have 6 bridesmaids, 5 groomsmen, a ring bearer and 3 flower girls.  So lots of people to wrangle!

I don't have any words of wisdom on the make up. At that price, it may be worth hitting Sephora for one of their airbrush systems and learning how to use it. 

If I were in your shoes with that big of a bridal party, I would probably be more comfortable requesting a rehearsal with the onsite WC just to run through where they will wait to walk down the aisle, what the order of the ceremony will be, etc. I'd ask when you have your meeting with them. 

worst case scenario - choose someone you trust (MOH?!) as the designated cat-herder. give the bridal party a time to meet you at the ceremony site, and give your cat-herder the order you want them to walk in. have a copy of the ceremony (if you do it yourself) and do a quick run through. the WC will help cue everyone on the day of. 

I didn't prep either of our families for our ceremony, pretty much forgot all about it!!  at some point leading up to the wedding I told my brother he was walking with my mom, and my groom was walking in his mother & sister. thankfully the WC took care of all of that for me before I got to the ceremony site. she had my dad waiting at the sidewalk to walk me down the aisle as I requested, and it all went off without any issues. they were super helpful for us. 

So after talking to my photographer and friends, I really want to do airbrushed makeup!  I found out at this is the "Dior" package on the Lomas site, but has anyone done it at the resort?  It's really pricey ($250, $500 if you want a rehearsal), so it's giving me some hesitation as I thought this was going to be the one service I could get an outsider vendor for without a charge!

Also - How does this all work without a rehearsal?  I can just imagine it all being kind of a mess without one.  I have 6 bridesmaids, 5 groomsmen, a ring bearer and 3 flower girls.  So lots of people to wrangle!

• 3 months later...

I had the fortune of attending the Brides Dress Rehearsal this past November and can't wait to have my wedding in October.  While I was visiting the property, I spoke with another bride who was on her last day at the resort.  She didn't have the greatest things to say about the Casitas Spa for Bridal Hair and Make-up.  I am definitely not super savvy in this area, but am afraid.  Any suggestions?  Specific people to use?  One spa/salon versus another?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks, Erica

El Dorado's Naay Spa offers pampering for the bride, her party and the groom too! There are two spas that offer similar services: Royale and Casitas 

Both El Dorado Royale and El Dorado Casitas Royale guests are welcome to sample the impressive menu of services at Casitas Spa. Drawing on the ancient healing traditions of Old Mexico, Casitas Spa offers distinctive therapies in a serene atmosphere designed to heighten your romantic resort experience.

Revel in the decadence of our sensual “chocolate therapy,†rich in cleansing minerals and nourishing cocoa butter. Massage offerings encompass Swedish, shiatsu, reflexology and our signature Beachfront Sky Massage. Our facilities include a serenity pool, saunas, steam rooms, specialized bridal suites and more. We offer exfoliating body scrubs, milk baths, thermal mud massages and a variety of facials. Full beauty salon services are also available, including Caribbean braiding.

Menu of Services

Bridal style (wedding day): $94

Bridal rehearsal: $49+

Make up (wedding day): $94

Make up rehearsal: $49+

I highly recommend the Beachfront Sky Massage for two. It's romantic, and very relaxing - imagine the sea breeze blowing around you and the sound of the ocean tide as it ebbs and flows. *sigh* I'm ready for another one! 

The ladies and gents from the spa are often roaming the resort with daily specials. If you're looking for some extra-pampering, take advantage of the Casitas spa! 

Allow an hour for hair rehearsal, and at least 90 minutes for wedding day hair styles. If you have inspiration photos, bring them with you! These ladies are amazing.

You can also book the bridal suite for extra pampering on your big day. Be aware that only the bride is able to be in the bridal suite - if you imagined your getting-ready to be with your mother, bridesmaids, sister, etc. then don't book the bridal suite. 

Arrive early (45 minutes to an hour) for your services and take advantage of the water journey/ritual (note - if you're getting your bridal hair style, you'll need to leave enough time to shower & dry your hair - extra charges if they need to wash & dry your hair).

Just a note to add that I noticed prices changed for bridal hair and make up as of May 2013. Unsure if the rehearsal prices have changed as well. 

hi Erica - I was very happy with my hair style from the Casitas spa. I didn't do make up there - had a friend do it instead. What I did find odd is that we had a great rehearsal of my hair style and she did it exactly as I wanted from a pic I had for inspiration. but when I went back on my wedding day, I didn't bring the picture and she didn't remember. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it looked just fine. at the point I wasn't going to have a melt down over it - it had taken much longer than the rehearsal and I needed to move on with the day. it was beautiful in pictures and didn't fall down in the wind and humidity, which was what really mattered. 

so if you do use them, bring a pic to the rehearsal (if you choose to do one) and the day of. and allow PLENTY of extra time. the WC will always schedule the spa times too close to the wedding ceremony start time. 

I had the fortune of attending the Brides Dress Rehearsal this past November and can't wait to have my wedding in October.  While I was visiting the property, I spoke with another bride who was on her last day at the resort.  She didn't have the greatest things to say about the Casitas Spa for Bridal Hair and Make-up.  I am definitely not super savvy in this area, but am afraid.  Any suggestions?  Specific people to use?  One spa/salon versus another?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks, Erica

Thanks so much, Allie!  Do you remember the person's name who did your hair?  I really appreciate the insight!

hi Erica - I was very happy with my hair style from the Casitas spa. I didn't do make up there - had a friend do it instead. What I did find odd is that we had a great rehearsal of my hair style and she did it exactly as I wanted from a pic I had for inspiration. but when I went back on my wedding day, I didn't bring the picture and she didn't remember. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it looked just fine. at the point I wasn't going to have a melt down over it - it had taken much longer than the rehearsal and I needed to move on with the day. it was beautiful in pictures and didn't fall down in the wind and humidity, which was what really mattered. 

so if you do use them, bring a pic to the rehearsal (if you choose to do one) and the day of. and allow PLENTY of extra time. the WC will always schedule the spa times too close to the wedding ceremony start time. 

I don't - I'm sorry!! I checked to see if I saved her name somewhere, but I didn't. I do recommend going with a rehearsal though, so you can work with them ahead of time, see how well they execute your vision. in my opinion it's worth the money. the only other option is to go to a stylist off site - they won't let you bring a stylist onto the property based on what I've read recently. 

Thanks so much, Allie!  Do you remember the person's name who did your hair?  I really appreciate the insight!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I'm looking for some help, I get married October this year and as yet haven't heard from my wedding co-ordinator.

Is this normal? I want to try and get some things organised!

Also my husband to be and I are getting married on our own, any suggestions as to where in the hotel would be the best place for an intimate wedding as there won't be any guests.

Many thanks :)