MindyandDax

Iberostar Paraíso Maya & Lindo Brides 2014!!!

Hi Ladies, i am also thinking of getting married late november 2014... does anybody know the email address ofthe wedding coordinator? how did you contact iberostar? This:( is realy frustrating :( i dont know where to start... hope some one can help...

hello! my name is ashley! i am getting married on june 1,2014 at the iberostar paraiso del mar! we have booked our wedding date and picked the gold star package.. im just hoping to get some info from you fellow brides! ive been in contact with Paola Torres but not a WC yet. have any of you ladies spoken with a day of coordinator yet? im wondering when i will be hearing from her. need to do alot still! we have our photographer and videographer for day of. i know i want orange lillies and hot pink gerber daisies for flowers. i dont know what time the ceremony will be, what restuarant the dinner will be in, what food chioces will be, etc. i have alot of questions! LOL

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

ashley

Hi ladies, I am new to this site. I have read many posts and found them very helpful.... Thank you. We haven't decided whether we want to get married at Iberostar Lindo or the Maya. We have stayed at the Lindo before and it was absolutely beautiful. I am just confused on the reception, if we choose one of the restaurants it's "semi-private" but if we want a "private" reception you have to have a min of 50 people?!?! Doesn't really make sense to me. Also, does anyone know where the cocktail hour is held? ...thanks in advance

Hello! My wedding is booked at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo on April 12, 2014. We have been dealing with Paola over the past few months, she has been extremely helpful, although sometimes it takes her a while to get back to me, but she answers all my crazy questions :) I don't believe the WC contacts you until 3 months prior to the wedding, so I am hoping to hear from them soon! We are using adventure photos (the resorts onsite photographer) and all we know at this point is we are having a beach ceremony. Besides that, I don't know much. If anyone has any information, I would greatly appreciate it! 

Kassie

I am getting married at the Maya on 5/5/14. I email back and forth with Yuritzi. I too am getting married on the beach and using adventure photos.......I was getting really frustrated too. I booked the dream package. My private reception will be in the cajun restaurant. Cocktail hour on the beach. Basically minimal decoration is included even with the most expensive package. If you want anything other then flowers or expensive linens/upgraded canopy-you have to bring it....that is the impression I have 

Hi ladies, just wanted to give you a quick update of where I'm at.

-We have decided to use the onsite photographer mainly because of the outside vendor fee if we decided to bring someone else.

-After much research and thinking, we have decided to book DJ Doremixx. They had really great reviews & they have experience with English & Spanish speaking guests which is the case for my wedding.

I was a bit disappointed because his package includes cold fireworks but they are not allowed on the beach (my ceremony will be on the beach). So for anyone else who had hopes of fireworks on the beach please note this is not allowed unless you get a special permit of $450 USD plus you can only get them from an approved vendor and the rates are pretty expensive.

-I got deposit confirmation for 60 guests (We didn't think that many people would come so it was quite a surprise!) and so we have decided to get a head start on our seating plan. I emailed Paola and she said the tables are round and they fit 10 people.

For those wondering the difference between the Lindo and Maya, they share the same installations (pool, most restaurants, etc) The Maya has suites and the Lindo has rooms. It is not that big of a difference as the rooms in the Lindo are still very nice. I believe you get access to an extra restaurant or two with the Maya, but other than that not much difference. I have stayed at the Maya before and the suites are absolutely beautiful.

Happy planning everyone!

• Like 1