which place to move in Alberta for better job?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 srodrigues

• 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hello. I am dental hygienist. i been looking for full time job here in toronto, on for last 3-4 years and now im getting tired of waiting for any good job and + job market here is doing down. so we have decided to move to alberta since i see more job opening in edmonton and calgary. But what are different between renting wise in 2 place? is there is a one is better for job market then other? very confuse. waan to move to july.

#2 jwalsh

• 165 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
    • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

Calgary is generally more expensive than Edmonton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 EllDee

• 41 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 9, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
    • LocationGrande Prairie, AB

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

I've lived in both.  Calgary is slightly more expensive, but Calgary is a lot nicer city.  The job market in the city can vary.  I'm a teacher and ended up moving further north to Grande Prairie (5 hours north of Edmonton).  While cost of living is also high in Grande Prairie (also difficult to find a place to rent), the job market is booming here since it's an oil field city.

I would move to Calgary in a heart beat though.  Cost of living between Calgary & Edmonton is pretty similar, and Calgary is a lot cleaner with better public transit if you take that route!

#4 JanetandDan2014

• 160 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

I do not know about those cities but I just wanted to tell you my friend has had the same struggle.  She is a dental hygienist in St. Louis, MO at 2 part-time places and has been desperately looking for FT with benefits.  Good luck to you on wherever you choose :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users