Photo

Bring your own aisle decor?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Barash

Barash
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

With 2 months left till my wedding I've got a question arisen. Should I do/bring my own aisle decorations? The resort is a little bit limited in the decor available. They are going to put an arch on the beach with fabric and flowers, and the only additional deco they can offer is the rose petals for the aisle. And I don't want aisle runner at all...

What I'd like to have is 3 hooks or stakes on each side of the arch with some fabric and pomanders, starfish or whatever I come up with. Roughly something like this:

But I've got a number of concerns! How to bring all of this in your luggage? And how to make sure these things are going to hold in the sand?

Did anybody bring their own decorations to the DW or plans to? Ideas, suggestions, advice?

#2 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
    • 670 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

#3 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
      • 670 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

What about something like this. Easy diy to line the aisle. You could Also make starfish raffia hanger to hang on the chairs along the isle. They would travel really well!

#4 Barash

Barash
        • 72 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 

What about something like this. Easy diy to line the aisle. You could Also make starfish raffia hanger to hang on the chairs along the isle. They would travel really well!

Thanks for the ideas. We are holding a small intimate ceremony with only 2-3 guests, so there won't be chairs. AND I don't want to walk "down the aisle".... Basically the main purpose of the stakes and fabric would be to "close" the ceremony location and make it a little bit more private. So I'm not even sure if it will be worth the effort.

#5 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
          • 670 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Ahhh I see. The picture is very pretty!  It just looks so big though, seems like a lot to pack. Maybe you can rent something from an outside provider. Hopefully some other ladies have some helpful ideas! 

#6 JSLM

JSLM
            • 170 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

I am actually bringing a few of my own things down just to save costs. I bought artificial white flower balls on string at Homesense which I'm planning on hanging on the end of the aisle chairs. A lot cheaper then real flowers.

#7 Barash

Barash
              • 72 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Well, the picture is not exactly what I would do - it's more of an idea for the layout. I'd use garden hooks 36-48" long, like these: http://www.gardensup...ardenStakes.jpg

#8 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
                • 670 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Barash 

Well, the picture is not exactly what I would do - it's more of an idea for the layout. I'd use garden hooks 36-48" long, like these: http://www.gardensup...ardenStakes.jpg

Actually, that's not a bad idea at all. With tulle hanging across and re creating the flower/leaves look, I think it would be really nice and give that enclosed look your going for 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users