#24 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,328 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:57 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ncainey
          Very nice! What do you tell them at Kinkos? I am thinking about having our invites printed and I will assemble them. Can you bring all the paper to them or do they have lots of paper to choose from?
          originally, i bought the paper i wanted and brought it to them.. but the lady actually messed them up! it ended up being fine because i liked the natural paper they had better than mine.

they don't have anything incredibly high end.. nothing with a sheen to it and not a huge color selection but the weight on the cardstock was good and the natural had a nice clean look to it.

but what is interesting is whether you decide to bring your own or use theirs, you still pay the same price for printing. it's $1.49 a page regardless. so i recommend going to kinkos and asking to see their cardstock selection before buying it from somewhere else. save a few bucks where you can!

#25 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:39 PM

Oh I love them! I like the hole punch and ribbon much better than my simple staples. And the palm tree and starfish are great. Are those fonts or clip art?

Fabulous job!!!

#26 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by bounciekat
            originally, i bought the paper i wanted and brought it to them.. but the lady actually messed them up! it ended up being fine because i liked the natural paper they had better than mine.

they don't have anything incredibly high end.. nothing with a sheen to it and not a huge color selection but the weight on the cardstock was good and the natural had a nice clean look to it.

but what is interesting is whether you decide to bring your own or use theirs, you still pay the same price for printing. it's $1.49 a page regardless. so i recommend going to kinkos and asking to see their cardstock selection before buying it from somewhere else. save a few bucks where you can!
            Katrina, so did you just have Kinko's print them on the cardstock and then you cut them out and did the eyelets on your own? What was the weight of the cardstock you used? I have a laser printer so I'm thinking about just doing mine at home if my printer can handle it :)

#27 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:59 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by bounciekat

Katrina, so did you just have Kinko's print them on the cardstock and then you cut them out and did the eyelets on your own? What was the weight of the cardstock you used? I have a laser printer so I'm thinking about just doing mine at home if my printer can handle it :)

#28 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,328 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:32 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by foxytv
              Oh I love them! I like the hole punch and ribbon much better than my simple staples. And the palm tree and starfish are great. Are those fonts or clip art?

Fabulous job!!!
              clip art! although dafont.com has some good wingdings you could use.

#29 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,328 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:34 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mauraw
                i think it was 80lb card stock. kinkos printed them and i cut them myself to save money (you can have kinkos cut them as well). i bought a fiskars paper cutter from acmoore for half price and used that to cut them out.. saved a bit of time. for the eyelets i bought an eyelet setter and craft hammer from acmoore. i would have printed everything myself, but i don't have a color printer!

#30 br1de2b308

br1de2b308
                • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:44 PM

i'd like to make the boarding pass invitation. where did you get the clipart and fonts? also, did you use microsoft word?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users