Photo

Elope pricing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Becky Simmons

Becky Simmons
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hi! We were planning a big wedding in our hometown but family & finances just got to be too much to deal with so we cancelled it all & are very excited to be jetting off to Mexico for our joint elopement/honeymoon. We are planning on staying on Isla Mujeres at Privilege Aluxes and were considering having the ceremony there, however their packages seem to be pretty pricey, in my opinion. It would just be the bride & groom along with 4 witnesses and we want the full legal ceremony (doing our own bouquet/boutonniere’s & dinner at our resort).  Here's what we want, I’d very much appreciate it if you could give me a price quote and recommend a location(s).

-decorated palapa/gazebo on the beach

-little or no outside vendor fees (we have found a photographer we love already)

-officiant/judge with English translation

-legal service with all the required paperwork/bloodwork/legalization in country of origin (USA)

-seating for 4 witnesses

-Champagne & glasses for toasts

We are trying to keep to our $1,000 US budget, however our resort seems to be unable to make that happen.

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Welcome to the forum Becky, and Congrats on your upcoming elopement - how exciting !!! you've come to the right place to find lots of info and helpful resources for your planning process.

Wishing you all the best with your research, and that you have the perfect wedding celebraion you envision - Enjoy !!!

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 Chelle Shoe

Chelle Shoe
      • 18 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

I looking forsame thing, any luck?

#4 Becky Simmons

Becky Simmons
        • 22 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

No luck whatsoever... Sunhorse weddings said they generally could make it happen within our budget but they are on vacation during our date so we just went with the hotel....

#5 Chelle Shoe

Chelle Shoe
          • 18 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

Thanks, we may just do the resort. Wish the packages were cheaper since we don't have the 10 guests.

#6 Becky Simmons

Becky Simmons
            • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Our resort was able to do a toned-down package for us. Their smallest package was $1750 but it was for 10 people. We were able to negotiate it down to $1400. Just take a look at their lowest package, and send them an e-mail only with the items you need/want and see what type of discount they can give you. It may have helped that I told our coordinator that if we didn't get it below $1500 we would have to start looking elsewhere.... 

#7 Becky Simmons

Becky Simmons
              • 22 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

No luck whatsoever... Sunhorse weddings said they generally could make it happen within our budget but they are on vacation during our date so we just went with the hotel....

#8 Chelle Shoe

Chelle Shoe
                • 18 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

Thanks, we may just do the resort. Wish the packages were cheaper since we don't have the 10 guests.

#9 Becky Simmons

Becky Simmons
                  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Our resort was able to do a toned-down package for us. Their smallest package was $1750 but it was for 10 people. We were able to negotiate it down to $1400. Just take a look at their lowest package, and send them an e-mail only with the items you need/want and see what type of discount they can give you. It may have helped that I told our coordinator that if we didn't get it below $1500 we would have to start looking elsewhere.... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users