• 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

How is everyone's planning going?

#42 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
    • 288 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hi Tataries,

No more planning for me for the wedding for now, planning our engagement party right now. I will be going to Playacar on the 17th, I am also trying to do a site visit to Moon Palace, just to compare. Will post pictures when I come back. Or maybe from there, relaxing by the pool! 

Originally Posted by tararies81 

How is everyone's planning going?

#43 theresad18708

theresad18708
      • Site Supporter
      • 8 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

MrsTobeD--------Can't wait to see your pics from your site visit!! Have fun on your trip!!

Just finishing up our Save the Date cards so I can mail them out at the beginning of June. Then my fiance is going to design our passport invites and boarding pass rsvp cards so  I can send those out at the end of August. I want to give people plenty of time to book their trip!

I finally settled on a photographer- Fine Art Studios!!! I love their pictures and will be doing a Cenote TTD with them as well.

#44 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
        • 288 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

OMG Theresad,

I have the same idea, for the invites and STD. (STD doesn't sound too good, does it? LOL)

can you tell me how much Fine Art is charging you, I also want a TTD in a Cenote. I think we are connected. If you don't want to post here, can you send me a private with details?

Thanks 

Originally Posted by theresad18708 

MrsTobeD--------Can't wait to see your pics from your site visit!! Have fun on your trip!!

Just finishing up our Save the Date cards so I can mail them out at the beginning of June. Then my fiance is going to design our passport invites and boarding pass rsvp cards so  I can send those out at the end of August. I want to give people plenty of time to book their trip!

I finally settled on a photographer- Fine Art Studios!!! I love their pictures and will be doing a Cenote TTD with them as well.

#45 tararies81

tararies81
          • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I will be there on the 22nd!

#46 theresad18708

theresad18708
            • Site Supporter
            • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

MrsTobeD---It does sound like we are connected lol. And yes I think STD does sound funny. When I was reading the old threads from years past I always giggle a bit when I read STD.

I hope the info I sent you about Fine Art Studios was good. Hopefully I have no problem bringing in an outside photographer. I really like their work and the behind the scenes videos too!

#47 TraceyT

TraceyT
              • 25 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 14, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Playacar Palace, Playa del Carmen
              • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Thanks!

I asked her about it and since we are going with a package, we don't need/can't reserve a room block. But we still get the group benefits from the resort, which we will have more then enough room nights based on everyone who has said they are coming, so that is awesome!

Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

You should certainly be talking to her about that, there are many benefits including unlimited free events if you get 75 room nights booked, as you mention 10 rooms for 7 days each that is already 70 room nights, if you get 5 more which if I were you I will definitely book them, even if that means you paying for those extra 5 nights out of your pocket,. 

#48 bklyngrl104

bklyngrl104
              • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Hi I am considering Playacar Palace for a destination wedding in the summer of 2014. Does anyone have any pictures or info they can share? Also is anyone using a travel agent that they can recommend?

#49 bklyngrl104

bklyngrl104
                • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

Does anyone have a travel agent they can recommend?>

#50 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
                  • 288 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

This is a little confusing and interesting. You need a room block if you have or don't have a package, matter of fact, every one does a package, either complimentary or paid, that is the way you can get the group benefits, you should investigate a little more since if there is not room block you have no guarantee that your guest will be able to get a room at the resort, it is a very small place. 

Originally Posted by TraceyT 

Thanks!

I asked her about it and since we are going with a package, we don't need/can't reserve a room block. But we still get the group benefits from the resort, which we will have more then enough room nights based on everyone who has said they are coming, so that is awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users