Any Playacar Palace Brides 2014?

Hi Rachel:

I was wondering if by any chance you can forward me the attachment of the Gama Group price list mentioned in your post on September 4, 2013.  My wedding planner at the resort just finally told me about them and I have been waiting for days to get their package info from her.  I finally decided to search the web and see what I could find on my own.  Thank you!

Hillary

i actually have a copy.  But I'm not sure how to upload it on here...

If you don't mind e-mailing it to me that would be great!  My e-mail is: hillarydiana6890@@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Hillary

Hi Mrs. TobeD:

I am getting married on 11-22-14 at Playacar Palace.  The resort wedding coordinators are so slow and inapt it is ridiculous.  But, I was wondering if you could send me some pictures of the place.  I am wondering where I should have my reception.  I think about 50 people are coming.  I was thinking the south solarium-- but is there any room for a dance floor there? Any feedback would really help.  Your post was so useful in itself.

Thanks,

Hillary

If you don't mind e-mailing it to me that would be great!  My e-mail is: hillarydiana6890@@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Hillary

Hi Mrs. TobeD:

I am getting married on 11-22-14 at Playacar Palace.  The resort wedding coordinators are so slow and inapt it is ridiculous.  But, I was wondering if you could send me some pictures of the place.  I am wondering where I should have my reception.  I think about 50 people are coming.  I was thinking the south solarium-- but is there any room for a dance floor there? Any feedback would really help.  Your post was so useful in itself.

Thanks,

Hillary

I just sent it to you via email.  Good luck!

So we are booked with our group rooms blocked out for our July 5th, 2014 wedding.  We will be there from July 2nd to July 7th.  Anyone else planning on staying there around these times?  I've read a few comments about people having a party on the beach.  How does that work with it being a public beach?  How much do they charge and are you allowed to have a bonfire and music?   

I am working directly with the "sales" people over there although I haven't been directed to a "wedding coordinator" yet so I think quite a few things are literally getting lost in translation for me.  Like the resort credits.  Each guest receives them or do the resort credits go towards the wedding festivities?  I was under the impression that the more people that show up, the more credits your whole wedding gets so the more parties and dinners you can throw.  After reading this forum it doesn't sound like that is the case.   :huh:   I'm just confused!  Thanks so much for the help and congrats on everyone's' big day!!!!!

Hi there I am getting married 2 days after you on 8-16-14.  I will be there for your wedding! I went through a travel agent who has booked everything for me so I am not sure about the "member" stuff. How many guests are you having and are you planning on having a reception there?

Hi Everyone!  I'm getting married at Playacar Palace 8-14-14, and I'm wondering if anyone out there has/is booking their wedding as a "member" or used a membership rate for all their guest bookings?  I am currently in that process and I'm extremely frustrated.  Please someone...tell me there's a light at the end of this very dark tunnel. 

• Like 1

Hello I am new to this whole website. I am getting married at Playacar Palace on 8-16-14. I am considering having my reception at a restaurant instead of paying all the fees to have a private event. I have about 40 guests and want something really upbeat and fun. Has anyone else considered this? I figure if the base cost of having a "private event" is $50 per person with no decor included or DJ/ speakers etc. I could use that same money to reserve a private party at a local restaurant/bar and bring a few decorations of my own!  

Hi there I am getting married 2 days after you on 8-16-14.  I will be there for your wedding! I went through a travel agent who has booked everything for me so I am not sure about the "member" stuff. How many guests are you having and are you planning on having a reception there?

Hi Amanda! 

Looks like we will definitely cross paths in Playacar!  Has planning all of this been stressful?  I'm finding it really difficult to communicate specific points with the wedding coordinators, and it all feels a little scandolous at times, but I'm trying to be positive.  I've been to Playacar Palace 3 years in a row, and I love it down there, but when you all ready know all about the promotions and benefits and the great customer service with the all-inclusive amenities (that comes with just a simple vacation), it's really hard to justify paying for all the ridiculousness of a "private" event.  Have your guests all ready booked?  Were you told that you could have a free event if so many room nights were reached?   I'm a bride on a budget and I definitely know 100% that negotiating prices goes a long way! My wedding is a little bit smaller---Probably more like 30-35 and I will be having my reception there as well.  Feel free to contact me if you want to combine forces.  I'm also bringing a lot of my own decorations so depending on your wedding color, it may be beneficial for us to chat.  ;)

Edited by FutureMrsNelson

Hi ladies, past brides and brides to be.

I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer. The PP website sucks for information! What are the sites available for a wedding? I know beach, but what else? Do they have a gazebo, or gardens near the beach, or a sky terrace or rooftop - anything like that as an alternate to the beach?  Thanks a bunch!!

Hi!  I actually got an email from their wedding coordinator with all of that info.  It's a pdf so I can't figure out how to add it on here.  I can send it to you via email if you'd like though!  I also went on a site inspection there last summer so I am pretty familiar with the wedding sites if you have any questions.