tkuzma's Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal- February 7, 2013!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted by tkuzma View Post

Engagement Photos

We are both originally from BC, and we spent a fair bit of time together in Vancouver while Chris was in dental school, so when we both happened to have free time together in March 2012, we thought it was a great time to get some engagement photos done in Vancouver around Stanley Park and Gas Town.

Henry Low (www.henrylow.com), a local photographer in Vancouver , shot some beautiful photographs for us!

700  700

700  700

Resort

Initially my FI was hesitant about a DW- I persisted on convincing him this was the way to go (slightly selfish of me as the only part of my wedding I had ever dreamed about was that it would be on a beach somewhere)!  Funny enough, at the outset, we were both anti Mexico because of the bad hype it had recently received; we were thinking probably Dominican Republic- I had visited previously twice with my family and had loved it.  But after doing some research and presentation of some lovely options by our TA, we realized we could have a 5 star wedding in Mexico with the money we were willing to spend, but this would only translate to a 3.5/4 star in the DR.

Once we were presented with the Karisma line of resorts, we were sold! We loved the Gourmet Inclusive concept, and since there was a possibility of some children coming to the wedding, Azul Sensatori seemed the right pick for us!  Our other requirements for our resort were one that had access to a Catholic chapel in the vicinity as well as a decent spa. In the end we ended up with 30 adult guests, but the AS ended up being a perfect location for our group, and everyone had a fantastic week.

I posted a review of our wedding week in the Azul Sensatori brides†thread.  Here is a link if anyone else is interested in reading it…http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/23412/azul-sensatori-brides-post-here/15980

Love your engagement pics! 

My Dress & Accessories

I fell in love with the Chelsea dress (in ivory) by WTOO at Nouvelle Bridal in Edmonton, AB.  Diana and her team were great and made the whole wedding dress experience truly amazing.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

I wanted little off the shoulder cap sleeves for my dress for at least the ceremony, and the wonderful seamstress at Nouvelle Bridal made me detachable ones!  I didnâ€t like the belt that came with the dress, so I bought one with Swarovski crystal detailing from the bridal shop.

700  1000

I bought my wedding dress hanger from Kelly Jonsson on Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/blackscrapcat).  I love that she made the text I wanted fit!

700

Love your dress and your bridesmaid dresses...such a soft and complimentary colour!

For our table numbers, we asked The Paper Tree to write the numbers in Spanish.  I added rhinestone stickers and put them into gold frames.

700  700

At each table we placed a wedding I Spy card.  I bought the file from Lindsey Shepherd from Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/LAShepherd).  My groom printed them onto cardstock and made them into standable cards.  We purchased white disposable cameras with flash from www.weddingscenter.com.

what a great idea with the I Spy game.  My sister suggested the disposable camera idea and then later incorporated pics that each guest took into their own personalized album.  This is a good way of still doing that but containing the outrageous pics that some might take. LOL!

• 3 months later...