Extra costs of Punta Cana Wedding? $10k enough?

Hello,

I'm planning a June 2014 wedding at Bahia in Punta Cana. With Transat Holidays in Canada I'm able to get a package that costs $1500 and covers all the basics plus some extras. I'm just wondering what anyone else has experienced with regards to extra costs associated with their weddings in the DR?

DJ?

Extra for a better cake?

Extra for more pics/video?

Extra for better decor?

Extra for Bar/Private Dinner?

I want to make sure my $10k budget isn't unreasonable.

Thanks! cheesy.gif

I was married last month in dominican at the grand palladium punta cana. Our wedding package was also about $1500. Im not sure what all is included in your package or how much decorations you want for your wedding but I can tell you we spent about $1000 extra on top of the wedding package and that was upgraded bouquets for my 2 bridesmaids, private beach party,drinks per person for the beach party, flowers for my hair and flowers for the cake. I would say that your 10k budget is totally reasonable, if anything you will probably be under which is great cause saving money is awesome! I know that at the resort we stayed at it was about $1000 to rent out the restaurant for a private dinner and from what I looked at you can get a photographer for under $1000 depending usually right from the resort. I know the costs could obviously be different but either way your budget should definitely be enough!

Originally Posted by Melissa Epple View Post

I was married last month in dominican at the grand palladium punta cana. Our wedding package was also about $1500.

Im not sure what all is included in your package or how much decorations you want for your wedding but I can tell you we spent about $1000 extra on top of the wedding package and that was upgraded bouquets for my 2 bridesmaids, private beach party,drinks per person for the beach party, flowers for my hair and flowers for the cake. I would say that your 10k budget is totally reasonable, if anything you will probably be under which is great cause saving money is awesome!

I know that at the resort we stayed at it was about $1000 to rent out the restaurant for a private dinner and from what I looked at you can get a photographer for under $1000 depending usually right from the resort. I know the costs could obviously be different but either way your budget should definitely be enough!

Thanks! very helpful and comforting. I'm considering Palladium as well. But I was there 2 years ago and the staff was really rude. The trains took forever to come by. Were things ok for your wedding?

Originally Posted by Mufin1785 View Post

Private reception for 28 people $1,820 off resort

Better Bouquet $36

Photographer and video $2,450

Extra centerpieces $236

Where did you do the reception off the resort? I'm considering doing everything at Jellyfish. Reception and Wedding. Trying to gather more info though.

We are having a DW at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe.

Our wedding package was 4000 for 40 people.

Extras so far have been:

DJ-~800

Bouquets- $30/each (we have six bridesmaids)

Cocktail hour- 600

Extra hour of reception- 600

Pastor-350 (This is a preference rather than having the free quick ceremony done by the WC herself)

Photography-2500 (have to use their photogs or pay an outside vendor fee of 1000)

Then I am not sure if you are including everything in your budget- we did...so we have my dress cost, the rings, welcome bags and contents, gifts for bridal party, excursion budget etc. But above are the things from the actual day of. THere are MANY more options of upgrades there (colored napkins, tiffany chairs, fire show, cigar roller, more flowers/better centerpieces, etc) but so far those are all we have agreed to. 

Originally Posted by Asha View Post

Where did you do the reception off the resort? I'm considering doing everything at Jellyfish. Reception and Wedding. Trying to gather more info though.

Jellyfish is amazing. I didnt find out about it until after I had made my deposit at the resort. I reached out to Mayte who is the WC there to discuss a rehearsal dinner there and she is amazing!! She is so quick to respond, will find things for you, will do whatever you want. They have the most beautiful decorations to pick from and if you dont see what you like she will help you find it. And she is so kind. When I did the numbers, the Jellyfish was only going to be about 1000 more than what we are paying at the hotel yet that included lobster dinner, apps, cocktail hour, all the beautiful decorations (The basic one included at my hotel is a pinetree around a candle its horrible) everything. If you look up katya nova she has many, many weddings on her photography website that took place there. 

I've been using the 2012 price list to estimate... and for 40 ppl, gold open bar, $45pp dinner, fire dancers, cocktail hour, Dj etc I'm looking at about $7500-8000. with photog and video my estimate came to just under $9500. so I think it would be possible for under $10k. I'm hoping to tweak a few things and spend $10k including invites and gifts. we'll see how that goes. the wedding coordinator for jellyfish seems to be busy so I'm going to call her and request a formal quote this week so I can take a break from planning. I have lots of time though. June 2014 but I want to lock in my date so I can print my save the dates.

Originally Posted by angiep451 View Post

Hi Natalie,

I was looking to get some more information about weddings at the Jellyfish. Is it pretty affordable? Do you think it would be possible to have a wedding there under $10,000?

Thanks!

Angie

Yes I believe so. I have the 2012 price list as well...and it was around 8000 but that includes quite a bit and was not the most basic package!  You can email Mayte and she will send you the different packages for bar and reception food. She also says things like "You tell me how much you want to spend on certain things and we will work within that" so it is customized and catered to your budget.